You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RADM_Eclipsenight

5 DDs again, and again, and again...

74 comments in this topic

Players
403 posts
5,848 battles

Well if you have only ever played BBs then you will be incapable of dealing with DDs and have no recourse but whining. They will be limited to 4 in the new patch, but for the rest you need to deal with them, as they are intrinsically far more useful than BBs in every game.

• Cool 8

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
On 10/14/2018 at 12:40 AM, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

*edited*

Does the reroll not work as expected?

• Funny 14

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,194 battles

Weren't dds supposed to be dying due the "so many amount of radar ships"?

Besides, every time a new ship line it's introduced there are alot of players who wants to try them. It's quite natural by now. Remember the queues when new battleship lines were introduced for instance.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles

"World of Battleships"

shot-18_10.13_14_41.55-0398.thumb.jpg.2d82a04bb14ac693adcc90a11ec6ac92.jpg

Seriously - the current problem is the RN DD missions. Once again, WG in their wisdom decided to force people to play a certain class - this time, DDs. Which wouldnt be bad, if the missions would be objective-focused. And not like "hey, let the enemys shoot you as much as possible and when you finaly managed to get 1,75 mil potential damage, you´ll get another worthless container!" And the players arent helping. Most simply wont understand, that they can do this as easy (better: MUCH easier) in Co-op, without spoiling the fun for everyone in randoms.

• Cool 3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles

Please go on your hiatus. We have enough BBs polluting this game right now.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[POI--]
Players
3,194 posts
4,348 battles
7 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

"World of Battleships"

shot-18_10.13_14_41.55-0398.thumb.jpg.2d82a04bb14ac693adcc90a11ec6ac92.jpg

Seriously - the current problem is the RN DD missions. Once again, WG in their wisdom decided to force people to play a certain class - this time, DDs. Which wouldnt be bad, if the missions would be objective-focused. And not like "hey, let the enemys shoot you as much as possible and when you finaly managed to get 1,75 mil potential damage, you´ll get another worthless container!" And the players arent helping. Most simply wont understand, that they can do this as easy (better: MUCH easier) in Co-op, without spoiling the fun for everyone in randoms.

You wanna see "World of Battleships"? Here ya go...

shot-18_10.13_03_33.46-0099.thumb.jpg.15061f6b80f33f71bd307b77d3d55a0f.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,573 posts
9,108 battles

"It's just a new branch of battleships/radar cruiser, it'll pass. Stop whining"

Apparently that only selectively applies.
PS: If you're getting rekt by Acasta and Icaruses and their torpedoes, I have bad news for you....

• Cool 4

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

You know these regular threads show wargaming's x rock paper scissor thingy theory verry well. 

BB complains about DD, CL/A complains about BB, DD complains about CL/A, all of the above complain about CV. 

End of the day poor CV gets complaints from everyone. 

:Smile_trollface:

Edit:cant wait to try the new cv' s. 

Edited by Major_Damage225
  • Funny 3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles
30 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

You wanna see "World of Battleships"? Here ya go...

Reminds me of the good old times...

iHugPgm.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,226 posts
5,868 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Oh yeah...a pitty I didn't have any high tier IJN DDs at the time

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,023 posts
10,901 battles

OP, you might want to tone down with only 88 matches (at the time I write this). When doing that and asking politely you might get some tips n tricks. Because you'll find those 5 DD matches in all the tiers. And if you don't learn now, you'll keep fulminating here.

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,035 posts
13,625 battles
1 hour ago, RADM_Eclipsenight said:

So let me get this straight, is it really common that in almost every 2nd to 3rd match I play (and I play currently in tier 3-4) that both teams have 5 DDs?

This can't be right, clearly, something in the MM system is broken. How can there be such a massive amount of DDs in the lower tiers?

Ah, I can explain this. It's quite simple, you see. The British DD missions are running right now and therefore it makes it such that players are playing a lot of destroyers. It takes a lot of luck to get the higher tier British destroyers so many of the high tiered players play what they could until they get missions for the higher tiered British destroyers.

Seal clubbers, that's why!

Or you could just indulge in your paranoia I guess. Personally if I was looking to sealclub, I would have found the likes of the Orion or the Imperator to be a far better choice. You know, the battleships. From the matches I've played, sealclubbing is no worse than it's ever been and I find myself doing far more sealclubbing than chasing sealclubbers away from my gormless teammates.

Filthy mongoloids who bash on the newer players with their l33t DDs for quick kills and money. How is this supposed to be fair and fun for the others?
I hate DDs with a passion, and I was not a fan of cruisers. And Carriers? Maybe once the new game style gets released. So I play only BBs at the moment.

Hm. Hm. Yeah. Sure. Like this is a destroyer only problem.

But wait, it gets worse. You think 5 DDs is bad? How about 5 DDs and 2 carriers? And maybe 2-3 more Cruisers that can launch torps? I had such a match several times as well

and I can tell you it was a ROYAL FUCKFEST of torpedoes. As a BB player, I might as well just alt+f4 the moment I see the MM putting in 5 DDs because there is no chance in hell we slow

Firstly, cruisers that can launch torps? You have tier 4 ships max, which means at absolute worse you'd be facing Furutakas. Basically every tier 4-5 cruiser has 4 km torpedoes and, in that case, I would like to ask what you are doing letting destroyers get that close to you. I played low tiers. I can play like an absolute moron and still come out alive because of how ineffective everyone's weapons are. Unless you are facing triple Kamikazes, something I haven't seen in probably over a year, then you have no scope to complain. I can only imagine what if will be like once you reach tier 6 and have to face Asashios.

as [edited], massive targets can avoid all those DDs. Especially if they are in a wolfpack of 3 Clan members.

Shoot them then! They're in low tiered destroyers!

Wargaming for the love of god gets off your Wodka for once and fix this crap! You did something similar in World of Tanks but no longer allowing 3 Arties or 5 of the same type of tanks in a match.

That was generally a success. So why don't you guys do this here? And another thing, perhaps it's a smart idea to chat with the guys from WoT as well. WoWs and WoT should communicate a bit more

with each other in terms of how the games should be played because there are a lot of assets in WoT that could benefit in WoWS and vice versa. And I am sure the same goes for your Warplanes guys.

The last thing Warships needs is to learn from World of Gold Ammo.

But I digress, fix the bloody 5 DDs in a match issue... like, really. If this goes on I might as well go on another 8-month hiatus and see if the game has improved by them (likely not cause I am just 1 guy nobody takes serious)

People are at liberty to take you as seriously as they like. It is on you to earn that from them. As of right now, you are apparently being ripped to pieces by torpedoes at their most effective and you attribute your misery to seal clubbing. Let me tell you right now, battleships at the higher tiers will only get bigger and slower and harder to handle whilst torpedoes get faster, their ranges get longer, and their lethality rises. This is not a problem caused by sealclubbing, this is a problem caused by the fact that you have not developed the ability to deal with one of the most ubiquitous weapon systems in the entire game and this will not change as you move up the tiers. Sealclubbing is not your problem.

• Cool 3

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
23 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Bildergebnis für you are one of them  meme

Imagine you´d had a current Midway with AP-Bombs in that match tho :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 5

[CR-S]
Players
319 posts
17,586 battles

I play only BBs at the moment.

Oh, that explains the tears. 

:cap_popcorn:

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,965 battles
10 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

Are you guys not being a bit harsh on the new guy ?

carry on :-)

Your "new guy" is a clear reroll, that appears to be somewhat hindered by the current prevalence of low-mid tier RN DDs.

But in any case, being new is not an excuse to spit all over the game and its players, all criticism is indeed deserved.

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

iHugPgm.jpg

OMG, thatks for reminding me of that month.

Want to get a beer, here have a tirpitz.

Wanna go get a hot god, here have a hotirpitzz.

I had nightmares about tirpitz chasing me, making me brekfast, hell i dremnt i took Tirpizs out for walks.

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

I do bet however that, that one ship made WG the most ammount of income in Wg's history, and i dare WG itself to prove me wrong. 

Am i right or am i right!:Smile-_tongue:

[H_FAN]
Players
1,862 posts
20,842 battles
6 hours ago, dasCKD said:

Ah, I can explain this. It's quite simple, you see. The British DD missions are running right now and therefore it makes it such that players are playing a lot of destroyers. It takes a lot of luck to get the higher tier British destroyers so many of the high tiered players play what they could until they get missions for the higher tiered British destroyers.

Or you could just indulge in your paranoia I guess. Personally if I was looking to sealclub, I would have found the likes of the Orion or the Imperator to be a far better choice. You know, the battleships. From the matches I've played, sealclubbing is no worse than it's ever been and I find myself doing far more sealclubbing than chasing sealclubbers away from my gormless teammates.

Hm. Hm. Yeah. Sure. Like this is a destroyer only problem.

Firstly, cruisers that can launch torps? You have tier 4 ships max, which means at absolute worse you'd be facing Furutakas. Basically every tier 4-5 cruiser has 4 km torpedoes and, in that case, I would like to ask what you are doing letting destroyers get that close to you. I played low tiers. I can play like an absolute moron and still come out alive because of how ineffective everyone's weapons are. Unless you are facing triple Kamikazes, something I haven't seen in probably over a year, then you have no scope to complain. I can only imagine what if will be like once you reach tier 6 and have to face Asashios.

Shoot them then! They're in low tiered destroyers!

The last thing Warships needs is to learn from World of Gold Ammo.

People are at liberty to take you as seriously as they like. It is on you to earn that from them. As of right now, you are apparently being ripped to pieces by torpedoes at their most effective and you attribute your misery to seal clubbing. Let me tell you right now, battleships at the higher tiers will only get bigger and slower and harder to handle whilst torpedoes get faster, their ranges get longer, and their lethality rises. This is not a problem caused by sealclubbing, this is a problem caused by the fact that you have not developed the ability to deal with one of the most ubiquitous weapon systems in the entire game and this will not change as you move up the tiers. Sealclubbing is not your problem.

Yes the RN missions are running but not at T3-4, only T5-8

• Cool 1

Players
3,284 posts
6,875 battles
7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

iHugPgm.jpg

One does not simply grind through pre buff Pensacola when World of Tirpitz happens:Smile_izmena: