Ysterpyp

Kronshtadt, an ok ship but not fun

58 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,080 battles

Now don't get me wrong she is an Ok ship , but its just so frustrating to play..

im not going to go into the good points of the ship , because this is not a review :P

The issue is the guns and the shotgun dispersion.

The HE
If somebody angles,

you have to try and rely on AP pens on superstructure or switch to HE.

Which has a fairly decent fire chance but very low alpha

but it doesn't help you if you only hit 1-3 shell at a time at optimal range

The AP.

Its good vs a broadside, knocking turrets of bb's/ca, when the shells go where you aim that is, other than that you bounce often, overpen almost all the time , and again only hit 1-3 shells at optimal range.

(Dont tell me to go for underwater hits , that is just stupid and makes your shells go even more crazy)

You can try going for gun turrets on bb's and follow up with HE to get perma fires but its unreliable to say the least , because of the lackluster HE and accuracy

I would rather have the HP decreased for better gun accuracy.

It feels just like a free xp grab , and not a well thought out ship

So in short , the ship is only good vs bad players or broadside when the shell doesn't overpen or miss completely , if your against someone with a little brain cells you better pray to RNGeezus

I don't come here normally to rant or anything like that, i just felt the need to get this out there, and share my rather boring\unfun experience with this ship

Don't buy it and spare yourself the misery.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts
5,449 battles

Well for someone who got used to BB's "good" dispersion I somehow enjoy this ship. Not my top pick as tier IX free exp ship but she's ok. 

[SOCKS]
Players
695 posts
5,290 battles

Flamuu got it right the other day in his stream when he defined the Krohnstadt as a battleship. In WOWS you have to tailor your playstile to your weapons. And if you play a ship with 305mm guns as a cruiser, you're doing it wrong. Cruisers in this game are played around their gun's rapid firing and DPM. Battleships are played around their huge AP performance and the strenght of their alphastrikes while suffering from poor reload. It's obvious which of either playstiles Kronstadht is good at and which one doesn't suit at all.

It's not a cruiser. It's a battleship. You search for broadsides, and punish them hard with AP. That has "battleship" written all over it.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,080 battles
7 hours ago, RAMJB said:

Flamuu goYou search for broadsides, and punish them hard with AP. That has "battleship" written all over it.

If it had better accuracy , yes you could punish then , but this ship has worse dispersion than the missouri

[SOCKS]
Players
695 posts
5,290 battles

Uhhh no it doesn't?. Missouri's gun dispersion: 293m with a sigma of 1.9. Kronshtadt 241 with a sigma of 2.05...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts
5,449 battles

Kronshtadt is more trollish than MO when it comes to dispersion. 

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
19 minutes ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Kronshtadt is more trollish than MO when it comes to dispersion. 

Only because you expect it to be better because its a cruiser

[RO-RN]
Players
143 posts
4,333 battles

it needs to have the same dispersion as alaska and the same pen angles as stalingrad that is what it needs! im alright with the 25mm armor all around but these guns have the same horrible dispersion like the roma, another ship that needs a dispersion buff. but hey if we buff it people will call it russian bias, russian bias like the khaba that got 4 consecutive nerfs right? this ship needs these buffs i mentioned but the ibuki needs buffs aswell.

[SOCKS]
Players
695 posts
5,290 battles
10 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

but these guns have the same horrible dispersion like the roma

No, they don't.

Kronshtadt's guns: 241m horizontal dispersion, 2.05 sigma.

Roma's guns: 246m horizontal dispersion, 1.8 sigma.

Repeating a false statement a thousand times won't turn it into true.

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
143 posts
4,333 battles
1 minute ago, RAMJB said:

No, they don't.

Kronshtadt's guns: 241m max dispersion, 2.05 sigma.

Roma's guns: 246m max dispersion, 1.8 sigma.

Repeating a false statement a thousand times won't turn it into true.

they are !! also kron doesnt have the armor of the roma neither the calliber to overmatch something! stop spreading false russian bias arguments both of these ships needs theyre guns buffed!

• Boring 1

[SOCKS]
Players
695 posts
5,290 battles
2 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

they are !! also kron doesnt have the armor of the roma neither the calliber to overmatch something! 

I've uttered not a word about armor. I've said nothing about "Biases".

All I've done is answering to something you clearly stated here, namely, and I quote again:

these guns have the same horrible dispersion like the roma

Yet you insist again:

they are !!

And I repeat again: No, they don't. And no, they aren't. If you say something blatantly wrong, expect someone to correct you

[RO-RN]
Players
143 posts
4,333 battles
Just now, RAMJB said:

I've uttered not a word about armor. I've answered something you clearly stated here, namely, and I quote again:

these guns have the same horrible dispersion like the roma

And I repeat again: No, they don't.

you still dont understand do you?? how much differences do the guns have in terms of accuracy on both ship? it is a small margin. here we want to have kronstatd dispersion the same as alaska and the roma accuracy should get improved too! you think it is fun to miss every target even from point black range or get only overpens? these ships need theyre guns buffed that is what we want! so stop telling us cause they dont both have horrible accuracy!

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
21 minutes ago, Animalul2012 said:

it needs to have the same dispersion as alaska and the same pen angles as stalingrad that is what it needs! im alright with the 25mm armor all around but these guns have the same horrible dispersion like the roma, another ship that needs a dispersion buff. but hey if we buff it people will call it russian bias, russian bias like the khaba that got 4 consecutive nerfs right? this ship needs these buffs i mentioned but the ibuki needs buffs aswell.

You wanna buff the ship that is topping the tier 9 cruiser charts?

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
1 minute ago, Animalul2012 said:

you still dont understand do you?? how much differences do the guns have in terms of accuracy on both ship? it is a small margin. here we want to have kronstatd dispersion the same as alaska and the roma accuracy should get improved too! you think it is fun to miss every target even from point black range or get only overpens? these ships need theyre guns buffed that is what we want! so stop telling us cause they dont both have horrible accuracy!

Sigma makes a massive difference, having 2.05 sigma over 1.8 sigma is massive. And you cant give these high-alpha ap guns too good accurucy, as it completely breaks all balance.

Also, here is your "Underpowered" ship in comparisong to its comptetition:

https://wows-numbers.com/ship/3761157584,Kronshtadt/

• Bad 1

[RO-RN]
Players
143 posts
4,333 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

You wanna buff the ship that is topping the tier 9 cruiser charts?

conqueror has 50% win rate does that mean is a bad ship? yes this ship needs her guns buffed, and yes ibuki needs a buff as well.

[RO-RN]
Players
143 posts
4,333 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

Sigma makes a massive difference, having 2.05 sigma over 1.8 sigma is massive. And you cant give these high-alpha ap guns too good accurucy, as it completely breaks all balance.

lets compare 300000 battles vs 3000000 battles!!! also this ship is mostly played by veterans! no one wants this ship now because of that dispersion. if you would have one you would understand

[RO-RN]
Players
143 posts
4,333 battles
13 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

Now don't get me wrong she is an Ok ship , but its just so frustrating to play..

im not going to go into the good points of the ship , because this is not a review :P

The issue is the guns and the shotgun dispersion.

The HE
If somebody angles,

you have to try and rely on AP pens on superstructure or switch to HE.

Which has a fairly decent fire chance but very low alpha

but it doesn't help you if you only hit 1-3 shell at a time at optimal range

The AP.

Its good vs a broadside, knocking turrets of bb's/ca, when the shells go where you aim that is, other than that you bounce often, overpen almost all the time , and again only hit 1-3 shells at optimal range.

(Dont tell me to go for underwater hits , that is just stupid and makes your shells go even more crazy)

You can try going for gun turrets on bb's and follow up with HE to get perma fires but its unreliable to say the least , because of the lackluster HE and accuracy

I would rather have the HP decreased for better gun accuracy.

It feels just like a free xp grab , and not a well thought out ship

So in short , the ship is only good vs bad players or broadside when the shell doesn't overpen or miss completely , if your against someone with a little brain cells you better pray to RNGeezus

I don't come here normally to rant or anything like that, i just felt the need to get this out there, and share my rather boring\unfun experience with this ship

Don't buy it and spare yourself the misery.

leave them alone comrade the dont understand and they will never do! they just see numbers and russian bias! dont worry one day they will buff it one day! it is soviet after all!

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,080 battles
14 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Sigma makes a massive difference, having 2.05 sigma over 1.9 sigma is massive. And you cant give these high-alpha ap guns too good accurucy, as it completely breaks

I didn't say its  under powered , its not reliable . that is the problem

Dispersion Kron vs Missouri

Missouri 261m / 23.4km = 11.1538461538 (with dispersion module)

Kronshtadht 225m / 18.2km = 12.3626373626 (with 500 credit accuracy module)

Less is better

As you can clearly see Missouri dispersion ellipse is better and 0.1 sigma is debatable in terms of any effect

And we all know the topics about Missouri and unreliable guns , now imaging that but even worse, on ap shells that overpens and cant overmatch :etc_swear:

Let that sink in for you saying otherwise

• Cool 2

[SOCKS]
Players
695 posts
5,290 battles

and 0.1 sigma is debatable in terms of any effect

it's 0.15 sigma, to begin with. And as for the difference it makes---

compare volleys from NC with those of Alabama. 2.0 sigma vs 1.9 sigma - It's a significant difference, and to back that up, that difference alone was enough for Alabama to be never even considered for the competitive scene even while 'Bama has better AAA (similar DPS, but it has a stronger medium range aura), and insane torpedo reduction.

But even better, compare volleys of Yamato (2.1 sigma) with those of your run of the mill Missouri (1.9 sigma) with accu mod. It's a 0.2 difference, but Krons vs Missouri is 0.15, not 0.1 as you say. In any case, It's night and day of difference.

If you say that's a "debatable difference", you seriously are out of reach of any reasonable debate.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,080 battles
9 minutes ago, RAMJB said:

and 0.1 sigma is debatable in terms of any effect

it's 0.15 sigma, to begin with. And as for the difference is make compare volleys of Yamato (2.1 sigma) with those of your run of the mill Missouri (1.9 sigma) with accu mod.

If you say that's a "debatable difference", you seriously are out of reach of any reasonable debate.

Its is debatable, especially with worse dispersion ellipse than ships with 410mm guns , did you play kron you will see its worse after a few salvos .

1 hour ago, RAMJB said:

Uhhh no it doesn't?. Missouri's gun dispersion: 293m with a sigma of 1.9. Kronshtadt 241 with a sigma of 2.05...

you also don't help you case by spreading falsehood, with modules equipped Missouri is more accurate. I did the math , the Missouri disperses 1.2087912088 meters less than kronstadt at each km interval

now multiply that by 20 (for a 20km salvo) , and its dispersion is 24 meter less dispersion at 20km vs kron

[SOCKS]
Players
695 posts
5,290 battles
5 minutes ago, Ysterpyp said:

you also don't help you case by spreading falsehood, with modules equipped Missouri is more accurate. I did the math , the Missouri disperses 1.2087912088 meters less than kronstadt at each km interval

I'm not spreading any falsehood. I compared both ships sans mods. Both can mount accuracy modules. And even while Missouri's gives a bigger reduction %...

A) it doesn't change the sigma, and a 0.15 sigma difference is HUGE.

B) is not an undebated module for Missouri. Many Iowa/Missouri players fit the reload module instead - and they have solid grounds to do so because the loss in dispersion is more than made up with a big win in reload. I know it well because I did the testing myself (I play Missouri with the accuracy mod and Iowa with the reload one), and a matter of fact I get better average damage results out of the Iowa, funnily enough.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,080 battles
4 minutes ago, RAMJB said:

I'm not spreading any falsehood. I compared both ships sans mods. Both can mount accuracy modules. And even while Missouri's gives a bigger reduction %...

A) it doesn't change the sigma.

B) is not an undebated module for Missouri. Many Iowa/Missouri players fit the reload module instead - and they have solid grounds to do so because the loss in dispersion is more than made up with a big win in reload. I know it well because I did the testing myself (I play Missouri with the accuracy mod and Iowa with the reload one), and a matter of fact I get better average damage results out of the Iowa, funnily enough.

then go ahead a purchase the krons with your hard earned 750k free xp and see for yourself

I am a good player , i know what im talking about, and im telling as kron is now its trash

[SOCKS]
Players
695 posts
5,290 battles
Just now, Ysterpyp said:

then go ahead a purchase the krons with you're hard earned 750,000k xp and see for yourself

Can't be arsed to spend 750k xp when I have so many lines of so many nations to grind, and when I already have a solid credit earner T9 ship in the Missouri. I have time and experience with the ship - I'm not the only one in my neighborhood whom with I'm close who plays WOWS, you know. But suit yourself about that, and in the meantime keep repeating wrong statements like "worse dispersion than Missouri" when a simple look to the stats, let alone a couple battles with the ship, clearly says otherwise.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,080 battles
2 minutes ago, RAMJB said:

"worse dispersion than Missouri"

math doesn't lie

Sign in to follow this