You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IronBri

Penalising players who don't pay to play.

31 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
6,906 battles

I have noticed that I am either on an incredibly bad run off luck or WoWs are penalising me - because I don't pay to play. Now I'm not the particularly good at this game, but the margin of defeat is so significant and I am about 80% of time in the top 4/5 in my team. This means I am more frequently in teams with very poor players than would be statistically likely or there is an attempt by WoWs to induce players to spend by penalising them. Now this game is either "free to play" or it isn't. I haven't tried to poll team members about whether they pay for upgrades etc. but if they do they are wasting their money because they really suck.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

It doesn't matter if you pay or not.

It's random matchmaking, that doesn't know if you paid for something or not, and the only constant in all the matches is you.

If you want an example: Before I spend a single cent on the game I already played more then 3000 matches earning a comfortable 57 % winrate. Now I am over 5000 battles, paid a few bucks here and there (still below 50 euro in total) and I am still sitting at 57 %. If paying is changing something, then I am not noticing it having any effect whatsoever.

Now please take off your tinfoil hat and get back to playing. There is no conspiracy at work against you. Only you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,962 posts
5,445 battles

Then start paying.

• Funny 5
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

@IronBri

Dude, I have over 400 days of premium and dozens of premium ships, but this was my friday evening session:

Spoiler

5bc25c159d262_Screenshot_2018-10-13WoWSStatsNumbersEU-principat121-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.a50e6ab22ab2be172fff6394feb49a93.png

Acceptable damage for such a low winrate, but still: an abysmal winrate is just abysmal.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,588 posts
6,660 battles

This bollocks now arrives on the WoWS forums?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
13,584 posts
10,382 battles
1 hour ago, IronBri said:

I have noticed that I am either on an incredibly bad run off luck or WoWs are penalising me - because I don't pay to play. Now I'm not the particularly good at this game, but the margin of defeat is so significant and I am about 80% of time in the top 4/5 in my team. This means I am more frequently in teams with very poor players than would be statistically likely or there is an attempt by WoWs to induce players to spend by penalising them. Now this game is either "free to play" or it isn't. I haven't tried to poll team members about whether they pay for upgrades etc. but if they do they are wasting their money because they really suck.

That does not look like a recent problem. Did you ever think about it could be you?

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Beta Tester
268 posts

I am more frequently in teams with very poor players than would be statistically likely 

If you honestly want to talk statistics, 

In World of Tanks, you would be known as a potato player: A below average player. Wowsnumbers shows you are lagging behind average player scores on the EU server. This means you need statistically better players in your team more often to compensate for you, which makes you much more reliant on the randomness of the matchmaker. Even if you were to buy a "pay to play" premium account your progress would still be slow, because 50% extra when youre getting bad scores is still not much. The same applies to premium ships. 

This game definately has its faults, but if you want to improve on your situation you might want to get better at playing this game. Wether you make an improvement or not, find a clan. Clanbases have decent bonuses that save you a bit of experience points and credits. You could really use the boost. 

• Cool 2

[SWTP]
Players
270 posts
5,655 battles
4 godziny temu, IronBri napisał:

Wow! Only 6500 battles took you to realise how the system works! Now you can pay and become unicum like every other premium account holder or keep whining and losing. The choice is yours.  :cap_haloween:

• Funny 3

Players
534 posts
4 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I'll just wait for someone to post a funny tinfoil hat gif, I'm too lazy... :Smile_popcorn:

How about some cake wrapped in tinfoil?             cimg7427.JPG                  H3bgoV2.jpg

Players
534 posts
4 hours ago, principat121 said:

@IronBri

Dude, I have over 400 days of premium and dozens of premium ships, but this was my friday evening session:

5bc25c159d262_Screenshot_2018-10-13WoWSStatsNumbersEU-principat121-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.a50e6ab22ab2be172fff6394feb49a93.png

Acceptable damage for such a low winrate, but still: an abysmal winrate is just abysmal.

worse than mine H3bgoV2.jpg&key=a86b451a0124bfcf61da6177

[WGP2D]
Weekend Tester
440 posts
14,451 battles

I pay... And i lost this week like a champ.

Should i ask some money back?

• Cool 3

Players
560 posts

"It doesn't matter if you pay or not."

Oh yes it does.

https://wows-numbers.com/ships/

At tier 4 you can have a Myogi for free. Or you could have had a Nikolai for real money for an 11.5% boost to your win rate.

At tier 5 a GC would, for the paying player, give them a 10% win rate increase over the free New York.

At tier 6, buying a T-61 only gives you a modest 7% uplift to your win rate over a Fubuki.

At tier 7 Kaga, Nelson and Belfast are 6% to 8% better than Ranger, Colorado, Yorck.

Free to play players are in 2nd class ships, with 2nd class win rates. If you want to be competitive at tiers 4 to 7 you have to pay in this game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,943 battles
1 hour ago, Lin3 said:

Oh yes it does.

At tier 4 you can have a Myogi for free. Or you could have had a Nikolai for real money for an 11.5% boost to your win rate.

At tier 5 a GC would, for the paying player, give them a 10% win rate increase over the free New York.

At tier 6, buying a T-61 only gives you a modest 7% uplift to your win rate over a Fubuki.

At tier 7 Kaga, Nelson and Belfast are 6% to 8% better than Ranger, Colorado, Yorck.

Free to play players are in 2nd class ships, with 2nd class win rates. If you want to be competitive at tiers 4 to 7 you have to pay in this game.

Firstly, OP premium ships are not the topic of this thread, secondly there are strong silver ships, too.

And third - OPs bad performance cannot be explained by this. He just kinda sucks at this game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
237 posts
1,749 battles
15 hours ago, Lin3 said:

Oh yes it does.

1: Nice job picking the worst silver ships to compare with the paid ones. Fiji for example is much closer to Belfast in terms of performance.

2: Note that several of these ships cannot be bought anymore because of this.

But then again taking this into account would leave you without anything to whine about, so feel free to ignore it.

edit: I see that you've voted this post down. Note how you haven't bothered to post a counter argument. Come back when you've found a decent one (Spoilers: You won't)

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles
12 minutes ago, who_dares_wins said:

But then again taking this into account would leave you without anything to whine about, so feel free to ignore it.

I'm sure that they would find something else to whinge about.

Players
2 posts
6,906 battles

Thankyou for your responses, I'll ignore the very helpful pictures that the really funny guys posted as they really aren't all that enlightening. That aside some of you clearly haven't read my post. I said that I'm not very good at the game, however if it is all down to me then how does that explain being in the top 4/5 in 80% of these games. If I was the worst player on the team and defeat was all down to me then I would be lower down team rankings and I would expect the margin of defeat to be lower.

Now given the vitriol of some of the responses, which I guess I should have expected from such superior beings, I will make this my one and only foray into the sacred area of the forum which is clearly the reserve of you super duper gamers.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
13,584 posts
10,382 battles
36 minutes ago, IronBri said:

Thankyou for your responses, I'll ignore the very helpful pictures that the really funny guys posted as they really aren't all that enlightening. That aside some of you clearly haven't read my post. I said that I'm not very good at the game, however if it is all down to me then how does that explain being in the top 4/5 in 80% of these games. 

You lack self reflection. There is a very high chance that you do not perform as well in your teams as you say.

And farming Base XP does not mean you play well....

• Cool 3

[T_D_G]
Players
366 posts
8,002 battles
53 minutes ago, IronBri said:

Thankyou for your responses, I'll ignore the very helpful pictures that the really funny guys posted as they really aren't all that enlightening. That aside some of you clearly haven't read my post. I said that I'm not very good at the game, however if it is all down to me then how does that explain being in the top 4/5 in 80% of these games. If I was the worst player on the team and defeat was all down to me then I would be lower down team rankings and I would expect the margin of defeat to be lower.

Now given the vitriol of some of the responses, which I guess I should have expected from such superior beings, I will make this my one and only foray into the sacred area of the forum which is clearly the reserve of you super duper gamers.

Being top 4/5 of the team does mean that you are not able to carry a team whatsoever you try to do so.

If you ended most often than not top of your team while loosing and on the top 3 when you win, then you'll start being above average player.

Start thinking that you should improve your gameplay and skills and that premium doesnt have anything to do with winrate but only with skills.

If you have some premium ship but you are a potato, the premium ship will suck in your hands and you will keep blaming others instead of looking for a solution in yourself

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,943 battles

Thankyou for your responses, I'll ignore the very helpful pictures that the really funny guys posted as they really aren't all that enlightening.

Enjoy your stay on Mt. Stupid!

being in the top 4/5 in 80% of these games

Your stats don't support that claim. Also, having 1-2 potatoes in front of you isn't flattering.

• Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

Fourth place in a lost battle is most often already a failure to contribute in a meaningfull way. Come back when you are regularly in the top 3 with a noticable XP difference (a few hundred) to the next best player.

We mocked you for your tinfoil hat theory that paying something would somehow change the matchmaker to be in your favor. It's simply not true.

And yes, thank you for calling me a superior being, but currently I am just your average run of the mill human. I'm still working on my immortality. Maybe if this works like in some roleplaying game it might help if you started worshipping me with actual prayers.