Centurion_1711

Kongo Sigma Value

12 comments in this topic

Players
370 posts
2,775 battles

Hi folks,

Does anybody know the sigma value for Kongo? The guns can feel wildly inconsistent, so I would guess that the sigma is quite low. Still, could be my imagination, so I'd like to find out.

P.S. Kongo or Kongou. Which is the correct spelling?

Players
370 posts
2,775 battles

Thanks for the link @ColonelPete! Looks like some really useful stuff on there. I guess I just have bad luck then, as some volleys bracket enemy ships perfectly. Then the next volley is a really tight group. Just gotta roll with it I guess...

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles

The problem are the 8 (4 if angled) guns. With few guns, RNG can troll you. Fuso has worse Sigma, but feels better since she has 12 guns.

Lyon is very inaccurate too, but she has 16 guns. Getting some hits is very probable.

• Cool 1

Players
370 posts
2,775 battles
23 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

The problem are the 8 (4 if angled) guns. With few guns, RNG can troll you. Fuso has worse Sigma, but feels better since she has 12 guns.

Lyon is very inaccurate too, but she has 16 guns. Getting some hits is very probable.

I don't know if it would make Kongo overpowered, but some tighter dispersion (unchanged sigma) might be useful. That would make it less frustrating to play. You still wouldn't one-shot everything because of tha low number of guns, so might not be so bad.

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
3 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

I don't know if it would make Kongo overpowered, but some tighter dispersion (unchanged sigma) might be useful. That would make it less frustrating to play. You still wouldn't one-shot everything because of tha low number of guns, so might not be so bad.

According to the server stats she looks fine:

image.thumb.png.636f72bb95cba935062a4f0ab310ea6b.png

Yes, her hitratio is low, but I guess too many players use her long range.

Many consider Kongo as the benchmark BB. She was the first "modern" BB in the game and is the BB that is best in teaching you the right way to play BB (positioning, angling).

Veterans in a Kongo usually slaughter the opposition:

image.thumb.png.4e3e578cee97fa3f7aba87c80ec61f80.png

Take note of the Kills/Battle, Damage and Hit Ratio of the Kongo Sisters.

Making her stronger would be dangerous.

Players
370 posts
2,775 battles

Fair enough, can't argue with the stats. I'll keep practicing with her then, hopefully that will make me a bit more successful in her. I don't play her at range, but I might need to use the speed to get a bit closer to other BB's during games. Perhaps they could tweak her accuracy and reload and create a premium Kongo class for T6, maybe the Kirishima? Could be a fun fast battleship to take on the New Mexico, Queen Liz and other dreadnaught-type battleships.

[IRON7]
Players
116 posts
962 battles
15 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

That could be a good candidate, maybe as a free XP mid tier BB?

The Number 13?

Unlikely, if anything it is tier 9-10 material due to the 457mm cannons it mounts.

As noted in the wiki article; it was intended as a successor to the Kii clan, which is tier 8 in-game.

As for calling it a "Super Kongou" is imo a bit wrong, since I think it bears more resemblance to the Nagato instead:

The way the YZ turrets are arranged, the rear mast and crane arrangement, etc.

Nagato1944.png

• Cool 1

Players
370 posts
2,775 battles
4 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

The Number 13?

Unlikely, if anything it is tier 9-10 material due to the 457mm cannons it mounts.

Oops, got my millimetres to inches all mixed up. 457mm is 18", for some strange reason I thought it would be 14-15". In that case, the number 13 will probably be T9, but as we have Musashi in this spot it doesn't fit. Maybe they could rotate between this and Musashi as a free XP ship then?

[IRON7]
Players
116 posts
962 battles
2 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

Oops, got my millimetres to inches all mixed up. 457mm is 18", for some strange reason I thought it would be 14-15". In that case, the number 13 will probably be T9, but as we have Musashi in this spot it doesn't fit. Maybe they could rotate between this and Musashi as a free XP ship then?

Even though it is equally unlikely to happen, I'd rather see the Number 13 be part of a second IJN BB line.

Hiraga had like what? A dozen or more BB BC designs back in the day, so depending on how much of that survived, we could probably have more than enough for that to happen.

That said, I'm not sure how willing WG is to add more BBs to the game for nations that already have a line.

Italy, Russia, Pan-Europe I could see happening a whole lot more than another IJN/RN/USN BB line.

• Cool 2