Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Premium Shop in October: French Week - Discussion Thread

19 comments in this topic

[HNGS]
Players
1 post
1,670 battles

Guysi am also a big fan of cv gameplay.i completely understand other players complains about the skill gap of cv players.Personally i do not like the changes because i like the STRATEGY PHILOSOPHY .Ι would rather nerfing our damage capability and and reducing the cost of servicing and everything will be fine.CV means strategy not a first person gameplay.

[YARR]
Players
375 posts
7,349 battles

Fix the Dunkerque. Power creep has destroyed it.

• Cool 1

[META]
[META]
Players
65 posts
11,589 battles

Ok thats black ..

Click the magical button Elena says .. what button?

lol

Edit:

(I think the button is in the next wg post that arrived later) so this does seem to work after all ...

Cheers!

Edited by DarkPhariah

[SP4WN]
[SP4WN]
Beta Tester
21 posts

Which premiumship does the 45,- Euro captain come with? And why do 24 premium containers cost 90,- Euros? Wtf is this?  :Smile_unsure: I expect atleast 50 containers for that price. I used to spend on this game, but with this pricing, I am not going to spend a cent anymore....

• Cool 9

[-HNC-]
Beta Tester
16 posts
5,852 battles

Not liking the hard sell or the massive price hikes

• Cool 1

[-KNM-]
Players
62 posts
6,108 battles

Hmm thus far two of my clan mates have been crying after buying the Terrible one, which according to them lives up to the name.. Which again makes me think, well, there are other boats I'd rather spend THAT amount of cheddar on.. Because there are better boats imho, I love the Asashio, but the Lo Yang with it's hydro? Kid with it's absurd AA.. and maybe even Cossack which has the things required to function rather well at T8, smoke, hydro.. And I say rather well because it does lack speed...

Then there's the oddball collection.. the most expensive containers with the most lacklustre content, I get the chance to get boats and captains, but based on all feed back (from CC's and clan mates) don't buy them.. I was super lucky and got the NC in the one container I bought, but then I seem to be the only one that's gotten value out of these.. Ohh well, let's see what the halloween ones cost and contains, because so far the regular ones are so bad it's horrible (pun intended)..

• Cool 3

Players
11 posts
5,452 battles
10 hours ago, Fesvil said:

Hmm thus far two of my clan mates have been crying after buying the Terrible one, which according to them lives up to the name.. Which again makes me think, well, there are other boats I'd rather spend THAT amount of cheddar on.. Because there are better boats imho, I love the Asashio, but the Lo Yang with it's hydro? Kid with it's absurd AA.. and maybe even Cossack which has the things required to function rather well at T8, smoke, hydro.. And I say rather well because it does lack speed...

Then there's the oddball collection.. the most expensive containers with the most lacklustre content, I get the chance to get boats and captains, but based on all feed back (from CC's and clan mates) don't buy them.. I was super lucky and got the NC in the one container I bought, but then I seem to be the only one that's gotten value out of these.. Ohh well, let's see what the halloween ones cost and contains, because so far the regular ones are so bad it's horrible (pun intended)..

We already know what the halloween containers have, it's on the news page the new special camo's and this:

·         15x "Type 3 – Halloween" camouflage patterns

·         15x "Halloween" camouflage patterns

·         15x "Storm Wind" camouflage patterns

·         15x "Restless Fire" camouflage patterns

·         15x "Blue Lagoon" camouflage patterns

·         25,000 Free XP

·         2,500 doubloons

the real kicker is this part:

"A container provides only one of the above-mentioned items. Please note the following: camouflages provided in containers can be received only once. If you already have all special camouflages, you will get other items from containers." so no doubloon farming this year.

[BYOB]
Players
2,690 posts
9,853 battles
27 minutes ago, SoundwaveOiA said:

We already know what the halloween containers have, it's on the news page the new special camo's and this:

·         15x "Type 3 – Halloween" camouflage patterns

·         15x "Halloween" camouflage patterns

·         15x "Storm Wind" camouflage patterns

·         15x "Restless Fire" camouflage patterns

·         15x "Blue Lagoon" camouflage patterns

·         25,000 Free XP

·         2,500 doubloons

the real kicker is this part:

"A container provides only one of the above-mentioned items. Please note the following: camouflages provided in containers can be received only once. If you already have all special camouflages, you will get other items from containers." so no doubloon farming this year.

Since we will be getting only one item per pumpkin I'm very interested how much will they cost. Because the contents aren't worth a lot due to RNG (most people will get the consumable Halloween camo).

• Cool 1

[-KNM-]
Players
62 posts
6,108 battles

Forgot about that post.. they posted about it so early I thought it was for last yer.. (cough cough...).. I agree.. 15 of those camo's are probably worth what.. 0.25€.. 2500 doubloons is worth a bit.. but I bet it's super rare.. 25k free exp is worth a fart in a storm. The only half decent camo is restless fire, and even that one is myopic. If the usual 79€ bundle has  50 containers it's BAD, if  60 it's just bad, 70 and we might see some use for it. The issue is that the "premium" camos are worth just as much as their normal looking counterparts as they have the same bonuses, but WG love to sell those for stupid amounts of doubloons. So I would hope for more than 50, suspect 40 and will then ignore them.  

Players
1 post
491 battles

I've bought 24 boxes, 90€ spent hoping to get the 6 ships, all I got in 14 packs is the Chapayev!

So explain how does it work! You gotta complete 1 mission at time for be able to get the other ships' missions or you can get them all at once?! I feel the BS in this one! The american cruisers worked perfectly, the british destroyers was way worse, first the ships were premium, now they turned it into researchable so they've lost the premium bonuses, now this!

[BYOB]
Players
2,690 posts
9,853 battles
53 minutes ago, BgbReptile96 said:

I've bought 24 boxes, 90€ spent hoping to get the 6 ships, all I got in 14 packs is the Chapayev!

So explain how does it work! You gotta complete 1 mission at time for be able to get the other ships' missions or you can get them all at once?! I feel the BS in this one! The american cruisers worked perfectly, the british destroyers was way worse, first the ships were premium, now they turned it into researchable so they've lost the premium bonuses, now this!

Welcome to WoWS, you have been fleeced.

What you did is buy 24 of the most overpriced boxes with no guarantee for any ship. That you got the Chapayev was luck.

The contents of the container are determined when it is delivered, there is no hidden mercy mechanism. You can get all ships one after another or none at all. Or anything in between. There is no prerequisite.

Next time, don't buy gambling containers if you aren't willing to get nothing out.

• Cool 1

[PC]
Players
81 posts

As already been pointed out, don't buy the pumpkins to farm doubloons. This year, a pumpkin premium camo drop will be one of the camos you don't already own. So no longer possible to get a duplicate camo and repaid it's value.

[_ODM_]
[_ODM_]
Players
34 posts
20,664 battles
 pumpkin just too expensive 
for that money you can buy a new game

• Cool 1

Players
1,981 posts
5,911 battles
29 minutes ago, Reckie said:

As already been pointed out, don't buy the pumpkins to farm doubloons. This year, a pumpkin premium camo drop will be one of the camos you don't already own. So no longer possible to get a duplicate camo and repaid it's value.

On top of this, there's something I've been pondering about:

If you can't get duplicate camos anymore and the permacamos you already own simply roll into something else...does this mean that the more permacamos you already own, the lower the chance becomes that you receive any of the remaining permacamos?

Because if this is the case, the 2018 pumpkins become even worse a deal compared to last year, where a duplicate was not substituted for "something else" but for doubloons.

Suppose someone is missing only one of these permacamos? Does that mean you basically have a veeeery low chance to drop that remaining permacamo and the rest is this content?

• 15x Type 3–Halloween camo
  • 15x Halloween camo
  • 15x Storm Wind camo
  • 15x Restless Fire camo
  • 15x Blue Lagoon camo
  • 25,000 Free XP
  • 2,500 doubloons

and the 2500 doubloons have a very low drop rate, when looking at what dropped for the pumpkins that were opened up on youtube videos.

Drop rate on the permacamos seemed to be roughly 25%? Which is actually pretty good...unless drop rate gets lower the more of these permacamos you already own.

Feel free to correct me on this, but weren't the 2017 pumpkins purchisable for €100 for 55 of the 2017 pumpkins? And the 2017 pumpkins actually became more valuable the more of them you bought. These ones would become actually less valuable if drop rates get lower the more of these permacamos you already own.

[BYOB]
Players
2,690 posts
9,853 battles
59 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

If you can't get duplicate camos anymore and the permacamos you already own simply roll into something else...does this mean that the more permacamos you already own, the lower the chance becomes that you receive any of the remaining permacamos?

Because if this is the case, the 2018 pumpkins become even worse a deal compared to last year, where a duplicate was not substituted for "something else" but for doubloons.

Don't quote me on that, but shouldn't the Halloween camos use the Christmas box replacement system? The one where if a ship you owned was pulled from the box a reroll would take place on the table with other premium ships, instead of replacing it with something else. This way I got a kamikaze for Christmas.

But it could be that the boxes just reroll the content completely. Either way, i'm not buying, the price is too high.

• Cool 1

Players
1,981 posts
5,911 battles
23 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Don't quote me on that, but shouldn't the Halloween camos use the Christmas box replacement system? The one where if a ship you owned was pulled from the box a reroll would take place on the table with other premium ships, instead of replacing it with something else. This way I got a kamikaze for Christmas.

But it could be that the boxes just reroll the content completely. Either way, i'm not buying, the price is too high.

The thing is that there isn't any replacement for the permacamos? It simply picks something else. And what if you already got all permacamos? What will it pick? Randomly any of the remaining contents would mean most likely 15 camos.

[-KNM-]
Players
62 posts
6,108 battles

Thanks, no containers this year :-). Got the Z23 in a regular HW container and I have all camo's from last year already. So the reasons for not buying containers are:

1. Pricier than last year

2. Worse content than last year

3. No refund if you have the camouflage you just won, just a re roll.

4. Unexciting content. Think it's the complete collection of daft camouflages they've included... :-(

Was really hoping for a repeat of last years doubloon fest (if you invested heavily (think I bought two of the top package)), instead it was a flea market with actual fleas..

Depressed....

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this