You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Aircraft Carriers: Check out the Changes! - Discussion Thread

321 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
274 posts

Test participants will have a chance to put their hands on the preliminary version of updated carriers, check their initial balance characteristics, and try revised commander skills and upgrades.

Read the full article

• Cool 8
  • Bad 3

Players
3 posts
18 battles

I have never played carrier,'s but with the new format it may well be something that would get me interested in playing them now.

• Cool 1

Players
14 posts
10,024 battles

I´m allready signed up for the test, as a Carrier player with both Midway and Hakuryu and several prem carriers aswell, I am very excited to see this new carrier gameplay and hope to go in testing in ;)

• Cool 4

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,870 battles

I have aircraft carriers and therefore will be partaking of the test if the test is succesfully rolled out to me

7 minutes ago, DeathFromTheSky_DK said:

I´m allready signed up for the test, as a Carrier player with both Midway and Hakuryu and several prem carriers aswell, I am very excited to see this new carrier gameplay and hope to go in testing in ;)

I have all the Japanese aircraft carriers but I am still grinding through the American carriers (currently on Lexington) and also have 3 of the 4 premium aircraft carriers 

[-ENF-]
Beta Tester
3 posts
8,744 battles

Very excited about this, really looking forward to see how the whole thing takes shape over the coming months. Now let me at it!!!!

[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles

Well, currently burned out from this game and taking a prolonged break so I won't be testing anything. Not that I would expect anything to really change based on feedback coming from people who actually enjoyed the old RTS format since you guys had 3 years worth of input and just sat on your hands. I'll pass for now ...

Meh

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
1,566 posts
5,780 battles

I am actually curious how they plan on keeping the identity/flavour of prem carriers like Saipan and Kaga who are defined by the number of their planes during an attack wave.

edit: signed up to the test even though i do not like the old carrier playstyle (though i did buy the Saipan because everyone was saying how OP it was and i missed out on the type-59 in wot because i did not play mediums at the start)

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles
Just now, piet11111 said:

I am actually curious how they plan on keeping the identity/flavour of prem carriers like Saipan and Kaga who are defined by the number of their planes during an attack wave.

Simple answer, they won't because they can't.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
7 posts
6,375 battles

Hmm, I really like RTS experience that CV give. I treat playing them as a break from 'normal' gameplay (it is specially nice when trying to finish some mission while bored/tired with normal gameplay).

• Cool 2

[-DKBG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
79 posts

Really can't wait to see this !

but does that also mean we will see kaga and such back in shop when this goes live one day? :Smile_hiding:

[DC-DK]
Players
1,740 posts
22,416 battles

I'm open minded and applied for a spot in the test. Have all CV's except Graf Zeppelin utterly stinks playing CV in its current form so mine is port queens. Like that to change. Lets see :cap_viking:

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,255 battles

Depending on what they do with Saipan... I look forward to getting some doubloons back and purchasing a Derpitz instead :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
608 posts
6,067 battles

I was silently hoping that WG will open up this concept for a reasonably wide BETA test.

It is the right move in my opinion.

My feelings about the concept change are mixed, but we must keep in mind: psychologically most of the changes that puts the individuals out of their comfort zone (the usual "space" in which you feel safe and comfortable) are difficult to handle because the first guts reactions are not the best ones. It takes time to gain understanding and then it is possible to make an educated decision if the change is acceptable or not.

Everyone will have to walk down on this road, faster or slower depending on their personality - there is no way to avoid it.

Just be conscious what is happening and what is the best you can do.

Good luck WG and every fellow player on this journey :)

• Cool 2

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
83 posts
6,890 battles

It's worth giving the new mode a try but it looks like it was designed so that you had a carrier mode that you can have on mobile/console and PC. Rather than re-designing the current carrier gameplay so I don't particularly buy into the reasoning they were putting forward. Just say you wanted a mode that was for all platforms.

Players
37 posts
6,313 battles

So far i haven't played a single CV game. With the new format... i won't do either.

Because i think carriers don't belong to a game where ships exchange shots between them.

There are so many things wrong with the concept....

• Cool 2
  • Bad 6

[_UK_]
Players
19 posts
6,872 battles

Current carrier play lacks visuals and hopefully the changes will improve that downside.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
6,715 battles
55 minutes ago, svadilfari said:

i think your premise is false from the start. it´s not like "players don´t want to play rts, not interested in cv mechanics, don´t enjoy the playstyle"

you have continually, over years, made horrible decisions and refused to fix basic problems. UI, AP bombs, premiums, economy, etc.etc.etc...

now, after three years you complain "no one wants to play cvs, because xxx", when in reality WG f´d carriers into the ground themselves.

in the early days we had a cv in almost every match, now it´s maybe 1 out of 10 (in VIII+).

tldr: instead of completely scrapping/reworking cv gameplay, you should´ve FIXED it.

totally agree you hit it on the head

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
1,496 battles

I enjoy playing CV's, however it is a steep step to be able to afford first one. If I remember correctly, I had to start with few destroyers, and build up experience/credits over three or four ships before I can buy first Japanese CV. Most people wouldn't bother.

I disagree that a single CV can change 80% of the game play, as airplanes are slow, and 2-3 enemy ships is average what one skilled CV can sink in a single game.    

Biggest problem I have is the encounter with enemy fighters, as their strength seems to be very disproportionate.