Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

New version of the ring

24 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
396 posts
2,138 battles

Soo, it seems to me that wargaming screwed up their ring contest even more than last time. In the new version, the ccs vote for each other, which means two things:

1. We, the community, have zero impact and zero involvement in the contest, no way to vote, no way to influence anything, we are nothing more than bystanders peeking over the fence.

2. The winner wont be the best cc, the winner will be the most politically correct cc that has the most cc friends. Aka the winner of this event has nothing to do with community and fan involvement, its all about who knows who, as the ccs will obviously vote for their friends.

Seriously, how do wargaming even manage to screw this event up even worse than the first iteration?

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
193 posts
9,536 battles

Just make a Jingles captain and let's be done with it....  It's what WG wants (for economic reasons), I'm guessing it's what majority of WOWS community wants (for meme reasons), so why beat around the bush, just make Jingles the commander and let's move on....

• Cool 13

[-AP-]
Players
396 posts
2,138 battles
26 minutes ago, quickr said:

Just make a Jingles captain and let's be done with it....  It's what WG wants (for economic reasons), I'm guessing it's what majority of WOWS community wants (for meme reasons), so why beat around the bush, just make Jingles the commander and let's move on....

Basically, my view is: If youre gonna make a contest, make it fair and somewhat interesting. Or you could just skip the contest and give us jingles, who we all want anyways.

Not this inbetweeny make a "contest" and the most liked cc among ccs wins.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,616 posts
9,113 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

New version of the ring

Yeah it gets worse each time - literally - but the solution still remains the same:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
44 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Yeah it gets worse each time - literally - but the solution still remains the same:

(...)

Khem, khem. Is it convoluted way of comparing WG to Sauron? :Smile_teethhappy:

BTW, why every time I see those vidoes I feel like I'm in the Kindergarden?

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,682 posts
9,818 battles

I'll just quote myself from the news thread:

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

It's a community event, but without the pesky community. WG wins! Being able to save a CC once through a vote is a joke. Either we as the community decide, or it's not a community event.

Flamu has already dropped out, because it's a popularity contest among other CCs. His comment as to why people would gang up on others is pretty chilling.

Also RU gets special treatment, meaning that CCs from the other servers fight against each other only to fight against the person chosen on the RU server. That means one of the finalists will be Russian. I'll bet that he/she will also be the one picked as captain.

This version isn't better than the old one. It favors the RU server and excludes the community.

I'm really sorry for iEarlGrey and I really hope he isn't blamed for this event in any way.

• Cool 4

Players
1,915 posts
5,887 battles
6 hours ago, quickr said:

Why not all of them? Or a couple at a time?

I'd love a Jingles captain! (3 citadels "Well that's a paddling! :Smile_teethhappy:")

But also Flamu ("That's questionable :cap_old:")

Or Flamu ("Papieren?")

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,741 posts
4,624 battles

I like how it could have worked if WG merely changed the final:

The procedure repeats for all rounds except for the final one.

Why?

Because if the final had been a purely community-driven popularity contest, the players would always be able to prevent a "worthy" candidate from dropping out. Other garbage elements include the very real possibility of cooperation between dropped out candidates (f.ex. voting for a contributor solely based on region and/or other arbitrary criteria) and by allowing even more candidates in, WG has given even more control to smaller contributors (maybe that's a good thing?).

Additionally, WG have given away a guaranteed slot to the Russian contributors while the rest of the world will have to fight for the other one. How considerate of them. I'm sure that there are no other regions where a language barrier might hinder the judging/participation process :Smile_sceptic:.

EDIT: Welp, I just saw that you can only "save" a participant once. The entire contest is thus pointless as far as the players are concerned. Well done, WG: you went from the issue of having smaller groups having too much impact to... an even smaller group having an even larger impact.

Players
2,669 posts
12,083 battles
6 hours ago, Aragathor said:

His comment as to why people would gang up on others is pretty chilling.

Do you have a link to what he said?

Alternatively are you able to quote it?

:Smile_honoring:

[BYOB]
Players
2,682 posts
9,818 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Do you have a link to what he said?

Alternatively are you able to quote it?

:Smile_honoring:

Here you go:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/9nj47z/ring_reloaded_world_of_warships/e7mrzue/

The context is that the whole event will be driven based on personal feelings and animosities and not sportsmanship.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,020 posts
9 hours ago, havaduck said:

I think in the case of this particular issue this version might be more appropriate.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,616 posts
9,113 battles
15 hours ago, aboomination said:

Those pull-ups were cringy af.

Yeah, in more than one sense this would have both been more realistic and appropriate for the "training shot" in the background.

Thank god WE never do cringy. :Smile_trollface:

(thats just awesome and cute af :Smile_hiding:)

1846057__safe_artist-colon-freeedon_flut

19 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Khem, khem. Is it convoluted way of comparing WG to Sauron? :Smile_teethhappy:

Not really, the ring was nearly indestructible, WG craftsmanship more closely relates to things coming apart by themselves.

Then again, Saurons power was paired with the ring and he was vulnerable through it. So thats his weakness. A Vampires one is garlic and a Werewolves one is silver.

Hm ....... could be platin WGs weakness? Its valuable so they are likely to gobble down every last bit they can get without  a second thought - and every time I got dropped by one of their CVs I immediately think of carboplatin, cisplatin and oxaliplatin in large doses anyway.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,253 posts
7,938 battles
14 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Thank god WE never do cringy. :Smile_trollface:

I was speaking from an athlete's perspective - they were extremely weak, plus bad form :cap_cool:

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
24 minutes ago, havaduck said:

(...) So thats his weakness. A Vampires one is garlic and a Werewolves one is silver.

You can't make such statements without a proof. Pic or never happened. :Smile_trollface:

P.S. No ponies this time!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,616 posts
9,113 battles
1 hour ago, aboomination said:

I was speaking from an athlete's perspective - they were extremely weak, plus bad form :cap_cool:

True, but they were last seen doing something. The bigger shame is remaining in the rut instead of battling the inner schweinehund under disapproving glances.

........ mine has already won, so there is nothing to wage a battle for. :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

55 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

You can't make such statements without a proof. Pic or never happened. :Smile_trollface:

P.S. No ponies this time!

You are kinda limiting me here, but trust me I am knowledgeable in those things! :Smile_hiding::Smile_bajan2:

This is the "Vampire Killer"  -> Used to battle many deadly evils amongst them Vampires and Werewolves.

latest?cb=20140402001325

Like:

Spoiler

Its not my fault the gamedesigners did put a magical talking horse there ffs! :fish_viking::Smile-_tongue::Smile_trollface:

Today we use this to battle a even bigger sum of great many evils, but maybe of a different nature yet even deadlier. Correspondingly the design got adapted "slightly" (:Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:) yet remains recognisable. 

Trocar.jpg

:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

An just to be clear: You just used your last "no pony" card for the rest of this year. :Smile-_tongue::Smile_trollface:

.......also today is Season 8 finale of MLP - 2 episodes ........... prepare to get flooded!

Alpha Tester
1,741 posts
4,624 battles
17 minutes ago, havaduck said:

.......also today is Season 8 finale of MLP - 2 episodes ........... prepare to get flooded!

Oh no...

giphy.gif

On a more related note, what will happen if every single participant vote for themselves (or the "next in line" if that's not possible)? :cap_hmm: 

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
43 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

On a more related note, what will happen if every single participant vote for themselves (or the "next in line" if that's not possible)? :cap_hmm: 

All would've ended up with exactly same score?

Great idea to troll WG though!

[SCRUB]
Players
2,616 posts
9,113 battles
42 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Wait, MLP is still being produced?

At least Season 9 is officially announced. And a Heartswarming special before that. And I believe another movie too. :Smile_trollface:

Recently we had:

h3D6683F8

Today however ........

Last chance! :Smile_trollface:

2k175d.jpg

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,253 posts
7,938 battles
6 minutes ago, havaduck said:

f23f2332.jpg

Well, they won't run out of plot anytime, soon - and I guess the...fans...won't run out of demand 

MLPLyrawithQuagmire.gif

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,012 posts

Lol this thread :Smile_teethhappy:

But I will try to say something on topic.

In my opinion it's.... weird (let's be nice here) to call something a "community event" with "community contributors" without letting the actual community do the voting.

In short, I agree that this version is much, much worse than the last version.

Players
560 posts

It'd be nice to start each battle with a Jingles "Howdy folks!"

And every time you get sunk or the battle ends, it'd be a: "I'll catch you next time."

Whenever you get a devastating strike you'd get a sample of Jingles laughing.

And a Kraken would feature something from an Alien film (or whatever the hell it is).

And ship names would be randomly assigned, eg a Missouri would be as likely to be called a Montana as a Missouri.

[BYOB]
Players
2,682 posts
9,818 battles

First Flamu, now Notser. It looks like the competition will have a distinct lack of popular CCs...

Sign in to follow this