You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

The Ring / Contributor Battle / Relaunch - Discussion Thread

40 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,223 posts
11,318 battles
21 minutes ago, Endala said:

So, they can vote for themselfs?

No ;)

Greetings, Crysantos

[-AP-]
Players
426 posts
2,195 battles

This seems even worse than the old version.

1. We, the community, have zero impact and zero involvement in the contest, no way to vote, no way to influence anything, we are nothing more than bystanders peeking over the fence.

2. The winner wont be the best cc, the winner will be the most politically correct cc that has the most cc friends. Aka the winner of this event has nothing to do with community and fan involvement, its all about who knows who, as the ccs will obviously vote for their friends.

Seriously, how do you even manage to screw this event up even worse than the first iteration?

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2

[BYOB]
Players
2,738 posts
9,874 battles

It's a community event, but without the pesky community. WG wins! Being able to save a CC once through a vote is a joke. Either we as the community decide, or it's not a community event.

Flamu has already dropped out, because it's a popularity contest among other CCs. His comment as to why people would gang up on others is pretty chilling.

Also RU gets special treatment, meaning that CCs from the other servers fight against each other only to fight against the person chosen on the RU server. That means one of the finalists will be Russian. I'll bet that he/she will also be the one picked as captain.

This version isn't better than the old one. It favors the RU server and excludes the community.

I'm really sorry for iEarlGrey and I really hope he isn't blamed for this event in any way.

• Cool 9

Players
8 posts
5,020 battles

One for english and another for russian is so......

Following the same line of thought, you should make one for each language.

Why not "force" english as the contest language? Makes no sense to me.

Average player participation is scraps. Just the enough so you can say we have a word. Not good.

But at least no more formulas :)

[SCRUB]
Players
1,882 posts
On 12/10/2018 at 4:43 PM, Aragathor said:

I'm really sorry for iEarlGrey and I really hope he isn't blamed for this event in any way.

Of course he won't be. @JustBlameKK :Smile_veryhappy:

Thing is, without some smart formula / score system, which would enable wide and active community participation this 'contest' is nothing more then CC mission set.

CC work should be anonymous and put to vote by the WoWs community. No-one (except very limited bunch of people) should know which video belongs to whom.

That is the only way that gives fair chance to all participants.

Players
2,038 posts
5,930 battles
4 hours ago, piet11111 said:

It can only be jingles imo.

No not true. There's some other much fun CCs out there. I didn't even mention that Scottish dude, but I don't know his name :Smile_hiding:

[NED]
Players
1,576 posts
5,793 battles
35 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

No not true. There's some other much fun CCs out there. I didn't even mention that Scottish dude, but I don't know his name :Smile_hiding:

Sure they might be good as CC's but i personally think jingles is most deserving he has been making video's for wows since the beginning and he actually served in the navy.

Plus he has the face for it to actually look like a proper captain most of the other CC's that i know are far too young.

And also because i kinda hope they give him lines that constantly miss-identifies the ships :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 4

[_DRM_]
Players
1 post
5,522 battles

I think it will be Jingles. He deserve it the most. So just make a Jingles commander

But it’s also a bit unfair for the other 19 CCs. Maybe make Jingles for the community and make a contest for the other CCs.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
40 posts
732 battles
48 minutes ago, WolfToSea said:

Hay all , me to for diss Ring comander !

Errr... Is my universal translator broken again? What are you trying to say here exactly?

Players
57 posts
12,047 battles

Just a quick question considering the difficulty you guys have had doing the Ring contest I guess the #allpetsondeck contest is going to be shelved? 

especially as you are now using kittypurfurst 

[AAO]
Alpha Tester
714 posts
3,032 battles

Can it be that the code isn´t working? I tried it typing it normally and in capital letters, all variations failed.

[CHAOS]
[CHAOS]
Beta Tester
115 posts
7,343 battles

SWINGTHELEAD

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,917 posts
16,276 battles

Me has 2 questions:

1. Where is Flamu son of Jingles (or Solanine, daughter of Potato)?

[MDI]
Players
49 posts
7,011 battles
18 hours ago, 22cm said:

Me has 2 questions:

1. Where is Flamu son of Jingles (or Solanine, daughter of Potato)?

Maybe this is the answer

• Cool 1

Players
198 posts
15,829 battles

I don't get it. What's the point of this "competition"? Why aren't the CC's just doing their vote, you implement the winner as a commander and we're done with it? I watched vids of two CC's and they both failed the task in them. But i'm pretty sure that doesn't really matter, because there's probably noone who even cares about this "competition".

[NLWG]
Players
27 posts
1,561 battles

I cannot activate the code. SWINGTHELEAD

Does anyone know why? I know how it's done. 

[TIB]
[TIB]
Beta Tester
9 posts
4,962 battles

How did Jingles even get through to the second round, his Video was of a T4 battleship, and the Competition states T5 and above. Does he get preferential Treatment over everyone else, if so just cancel the ring and give him the Prize.

I am sorry but he should have been disqualified, if he cannot read the rule, tough luck.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,024 posts
10,901 battles
4 hours ago, glorgir said:

How did Jingles even get through to the second round, his Video was of a T4 battleship, and the Competition states T5 and above. Does he get preferential Treatment over everyone else, if so just cancel the ring and give him the Prize.

I am sorry but he should have been disqualified, if he cannot read the rule, tough luck.

Didn't even notice that. Should he win the contest he'll be dismissed immediately. I've really started to dislike this guy. Granted: his background history info on ships I find amazing. Really wet my eyes when he commented Indianapolis. But that's it. His "oh, it's so FUN to go through the middle on two brothers" and "Oh I will do it again, just to troll everybody who hated that." Also his vicious attacks on players in vid's he's commenting while never ever playing something himself. I saw him stream once and boy I think he's the apex alfa straightlinesailing torpedo catcher in wows globally. No he has called decent players idiots way too much IMO.

Too bad Earl has been seduced to the dark side. I'd love to have his voice over as a captain! "Ah, it's a rather cold day for a swim now isn't it?"