You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rusty_9

Gun Sizes

16 comments in this topic

[W-C]
Players
311 posts
1,475 battles

Hello All

Does anyone have/know of a spreadsheet with a list of all the ships in the game and their gun/shell diameters? I was hoping for a faster way to identify/memorise all the ships (mostly BB's) that could overmatch any given armour thickness to save trawling through the wiki and looking at each ship individually.

Many Thanks!

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
194 posts
9,552 battles

It's not the size that matters, rather how you use it.

• Funny 2

[W-C]
Players
311 posts
1,475 battles
2 hours ago, quickr said:

It's not the size that matters, rather how you use it.

Yes, although when on the receiving end, I'd like to know the possible outcomes - can I bounce these BB's AP in my Baltimore, or will I need to keep to the island?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,899 posts
5,349 battles
1 hour ago, Rusty_9 said:

can I bounce these BB's AP in my Baltimore, or will I need to keep to the island?

Probably easier to remember the ships rather than the caliber. What does the caliber do for you, when you dont know which ship has which caliber?

edit: correction:

Balti has 27mm bow armor Which means, any gun caliber >386mm will overmatch you.

Easier to remember which WONT overmatch you: Lyon, Scharnhorst, KGV, DoY, Fuso, NM, Arizona, Normandie, Dunkerque, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Roma, Richelieu, Monarch, Alsace, Gascogne

All others can overmatch you. So basicly it only matters when you are mid-toptier

• Cool 2

[W-C]
Players
311 posts
1,475 battles

Thanks @DFens_666, that is essentially the sort of thing I was expecting to have to do. Obviously depending on the armour of the ship I am in depends on whether it's easier to remember those that do or those that don't :)

[ADRIA]
Players
194 posts
9,552 battles
17 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Is that what she tells ya ;)

That's how wife comforts me, Argosax. 

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
40 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Probably easier to remember the ships rather than the caliber. What does the caliber do for you, when you dont know which ship has which caliber?

Im not 100%, i go with what i think is correct

Depending on this: Balti has 25mm bow armor (should have afaik)? Which means, any gun caliber >358mm will overmatch you.

Easier to remember which WONT overmatch you: Lyon, Scharnhorst, KGV, DoY, Fuso, NM, Arizona, Normandie, Dunkerque.

All others can overmatch you. So basicly it only matters when you are mid-toptier

Baltimore is 27 mm, frustrating 38 cm guns.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,899 posts
5,349 battles
3 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

Thanks @DFens_666, that is essentially the sort of thing I was expecting to have to do. Obviously depending on the ship armour depends on whether it's easier to remember those that do or those that don't :)

Probably the best thing is to remember the most important armor values:

25mm / 27mm / 32mm (well this one not so much for AP, because 32mm can get only overmatched by Yamato/Musashi)

Cruisers mostly have 25mm Bowarmor on T8 and 9 (and on T10 some have 25 or 27, or even 50)

T7 and below is 16mm or less, which means they cant tank any BB shell.

Some Cruisers at T8+ have 27mm Bowarmor (Hipper, Roon, Hindenburg, DM/Salem, Buffalo, Baltimore) which means they can tank any shells up to 386mm. There are actually quite a lot ships with 380/381mm guns (Bismarck, Tirpitz, Roma, Richelieu, Monarch, Alsace, Gascogne). Which means Hipper can really tank a lot when toptier with certain ships in the game.

BBs can also be quite tricky at T5-T7. From T8-T10 they can basicly bowtank each other except Yamato and Musashi, which will overmatch all others and each other.

3 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Baltimore is 27 mm, frustrating 38 cm guns.

oh really? Didnt look, i assumed it was 25mm.

Well then add the list from my above post to Baltimore/Buffalo :Smile_honoring:

[W-C]
Players
311 posts
1,475 battles

Is that a 'recent' buff @Riselotte (around line-split time maybe)? I have an oldish amour model spreadsheet which shows balti as 25mm bow (can't check in game atm!)

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles
1 hour ago, Rusty_9 said:

Yes, although when on the receiving end, I'd like to know the possible outcomes 

Smile_trollface.gif.fcd1d453391e58c82b520420df0503c4.gif

• Funny 1

Players
289 posts
812 battles

Theres need to be a sheet for that though.

especially for players who want to get better so i dont spend the next centuary searching for the dead sea scroll fragments.

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
28 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Is that a 'recent' buff @Riselotte (around line-split time maybe)? I have an oldish amour model spreadsheet which shows balti as 25mm bow (can't check in game atm!)

afaik, It had that armour pre-line split, but got ported with it to T8. But might be wrong (in when it got the armour. Ingame model definitely says 27 mm).

• Cool 1