Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

UK WOWS Event??

77 comments in this topic

Players
548 posts

Why dont we see more stuff like this? https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/170439-tickets-now-available-anchors-away-anaheim-anchorsawaywows/

The yanks and europeans have quite a few events but I have never seen anything staged in the UK? Is there any events up and coming?

• Funny 2

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

It's very simple, the UK is part of the European continent, it's more than a bit much to hold an event where people from the rest of Europe have to cross the water to attend and has a currency not used by mainland countries.

The playerbase isn't that huge and the British part of that isn't gigantic.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[PK11]
Beta Tester
432 posts
9,272 battles
Vor 29 Minuten, BeauNidl3 sagte:

It's very simple, the UK is part of the European continent,

Haha, I can see plenty of Brits feeling they want to puke at this sentence. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Players
2,267 posts
34 minutes ago, Donnerturm said:

Haha, I can see plenty of Brits feeling they want to puke at this sentence. 

Yep, the insular, jingoistic ones. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,451 posts
7,794 battles
2 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Why dont we see more stuff like this? https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/170439-tickets-now-available-anchors-away-anaheim-anchorsawaywows/

The yanks and europeans have quite a few events but I have never seen anything staged in the UK? Is there any events up and coming?

I'm sure that will be a thing once the UK gets its own server.

WG is in talks with Theresa May about where the server cluster should be hosted.

• Funny 5

Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles
14 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

It's very simple, the UK is part of the European continent

englishc.gif

tenor.gif

12 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

*edit

DevotedEmbellishedDunnart-small.gif

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
4 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

englishc.gif

...just a temporary thing, this little flood.

Doggerland_maximum2.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GOLD]
Beta Tester
161 posts
5,685 battles

Pretty sure WG had a small event at Chatham Dockyard last year or was it the year before. As part of a wider local event.

• Cool 2

[SWTP]
Players
280 posts
5,692 battles

*edit

I have heard rumors about servers in Panama. 

• Funny 2

Players
251 posts
1,332 battles
1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

WG is in talks with Theresa May about where the server cluster should be hosted

I imagine she's 'been very clear' that the UK government will walk away of WG insist on keeping the same ships and mechanics as they have on all the other servers, but that both parties have agreed computers and other stuff she doesn't understand will be necessary so what could possibly go wrong? The talks will conclude soon and she can go looking for a nice field of wheat to run through and feel extremely naughty.

3 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

It's very simple, the UK is part of the European continent,

Several years ago...

Jingoistic elderly relative: ... And it's because of Ted Heath that now we're in Europe.

Me: Erm no, it's because of basic geography that we're in Europe.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles

*edit

Oof, That has hit me hard. You have managed to be Funny and not funny at the same time, congratulations.

12 hours ago, Nechrom said:

WG is in talks with Theresa May about where the server cluster should be hosted.

London would be an obvious choice, otherwise Manchester. That said I don’t generally see the point since the games I played I use the Europe sever In general and have no problems. That said, fractured space (where my avatar came from) does have a server spot in London, although there is not even enough people these days to fill 1% of the server(they say it is capable of handling 100 000 peeps at a time, the last time it reached that is it’s last free weekend, 4-5 years ago, where numbers went to 500 000. You can guess what happened to the servers lol) 

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,808 posts
24,909 battles
1 hour ago, Jester86 said:

Pretty sure WG had a small event at Chatham Dockyard last year or was it the year before. As part of a wider local event.

Sept 17th 2016. had a great day there with my grandson. been to the event at the Dockyard every year since, WG no longer show any interest in going. July this year, I sent @MrConway a message about the 2018 event asking if WG would like to organise a giveaway of 10 tickets for the community, sadly, he totally ignored my message. 

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,573 posts
9,108 battles
15 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

You have managed to be Funny and not funny at the same time, congratulations

Funny, my better half tells me something similar relatively often :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
761 posts
6,661 battles

They'll be back when it's time to announce the World of Sail expansion. ("We know we said we'd never do it but we ran out of submarines"). 

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,203 posts
8,645 battles
3 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

Yep, the insular, jingoistic ones. :Smile_hiding:

That's fighting talk, best we step outside and talk about this rather bigoted view of yours toward your fellow countrymen (and women and other) :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,267 posts
5 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

That's fighting talk, best we step outside and talk about this rather bigoted view of yours toward your fellow countrymen (and women and other) :Smile-_tongue:

Na, don't do politics.....I tend to stand back and watch mostly idiots vote for stuff they haven't a clue about and then talk b0llocks about it afterwards. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,891 posts
2,152 battles
32 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Sept 17th 2016. had a great day there with my grandson. been to the event at the Dockyard every year since, WG no longer show any interest in going. July this year, I sent @MrConway a message about the 2018 event asking if WG would like to organise a giveaway of 10 tickets for the community, sadly, he totally ignored my message. 

Apologies, lost that message in my inbox :/

We might have something coming up in London very soon - we're just waiting on final confirmation so no promises yet.

I really enjoyed Chatham and would love to go back and do something with the guys there, we'll just have to see if we can do that next year :)

• Cool 6

[-HUN-]
Players
648 posts
7,839 battles
3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

It's gonna be great. It's gonna be the best server in history. It's gonna be EU free. It's gonna operate by british workers for the british union to sign the british quality for the british people in the british world in a british way, wait for it...british!!!! :Smile_trollface:

theresa-may-f-off.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
75 posts
2,514 battles
1 hour ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Several years ago...

Jingoistic elderly relative: ... And it's because of Ted Heath that now we're in Europe.

Me: Erm no, it's because of basic geography that we're in Europe.

While this savage burn was incredibly funny in your head it just made you look a bit stupid in that conversation. When a political entity and a geographical landmass share a common colloquial name deliberately conflating the two in the middle of a serious discussion isn't funny or clever. It would work well in a comedy sketch or as a way to avoid a conversation you don't want to have, but if you think you're making a jingoistic elderly person rethink their political viewpoint by doing so you're sorely mistaken.

• Cool 1

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,203 posts
8,645 battles
51 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Na, don't do politics.....I tend to stand back and watch mostly idiots vote for stuff they haven't a clue about and then talk b0llocks about it afterwards. :Smile-_tongue:

I'm the same....and so true

• Cool 1

Players
1,481 posts
5,743 battles
44 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

It's gonna be great. It's gonna be the best server in history. It's gonna be EU free. It's gonna operate by british workers for the british union to sign the british quality for the british people in the british world in a british way, wait for it...british!!!! :Smile_trollface:

theresa-may-f-off.gif

Eh... Theresa May is the same kind of childless, white people hating, europhile as Merkel or Macron... Mhmm... All these idiots surnames start with an M... Interesting...

Why do you think she does everything in Sor..."her" power to prevent any Brexit whatsoever?

eussr-290-x-29078dt7.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Players
2,267 posts
2 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

I'm the same....and so true

The nearest I have been to politics lately is saying 'good morning' to Samantha Cameron out on her morning run while I walk the dog.  :Smile_smile:

• Cool 2

Players
251 posts
1,332 battles
1 hour ago, Caughtintherain said:

While this savage burn was incredibly funny in your head it just made you look a bit stupid in that conversation. When a political entity and a geographical landmass share a common colloquial name deliberately conflating the two in the middle of a serious discussion isn't funny or clever. It would work well in a comedy sketch or as a way to avoid a conversation you don't want to have, but if you think you're making a jingoistic elderly person rethink their political viewpoint by doing so you're sorely mistaken.

That's fair, I'll concede that. In fact I did use it precisely to avoid a conversation I didn't want to have. I'd already spent more time than I wanted to listening to his views on e.g. how allowing faith groups other than his own to practise their religion openly was only going to lead to violence and terrorism, had tried sensible arguments to no avail, and honestly just wanted someone to start talking about the weather so I could relax and enjoy my Sunday lunch. IIRC it didn't even work in that limited sense, but it was worth a try...

I probably shouldn't have bothered with the original post given that this context is both necessary rather too cumbersome. But hey ho, live and learn.

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,808 posts
24,909 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Apologies, lost that message in my inbox :/

We might have something coming up in London very soon - we're just waiting on final confirmation so no promises yet.

I really enjoyed Chatham and would love to go back and do something with the guys there, we'll just have to see if we can do that next year :)

You missed a massive event this year at Chatham Dockyard, It was the 400th anniversary festival, people came from all over the world, and I dare say a few players attended too. Let's hope WoWs EU make it for 2019. and thanks for replying.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,126 posts
2,202 battles
6 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I believe WG actually did a thing from Chatham docks a couple of years ago. And if you go to Portsmouth there is a VR tour around an RN ship sponsored by WG.

Until the European Gamescom comes to the UK (highly unlikely), there is no commercial sense in WG coming here.