You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bert1912

Random chatban

4 comments in this topic

[NUNC]
Players
4 posts
2,900 battles

Hey there

Something weird is going on with my account, got a second chatban 10 minutes ago, was battleing in my Buffalo, and all of a sudden I want to chat something and it says that I'm banned from chatting for 24 hours. Very strange because I didnt type anything for the last 2 hours.. do more people have this problem?

This is the second time it happened this random, think 2-3 weeks ago the same happened.. is this broken or so or can people really just report you and are like 2 reports enough to get a chatban? If it works that way it would be ridiculous and the most stupid thing I've ever seen.

IGN: bert192

EU

[ST-EU]
Sailing Hamster, Alpha Tester
1,803 posts
8,470 battles

You can get chatbanned through different ways.

One (and probably the most common) is to recieve a lot of ingame reports for misbehaviour in chat. WG obviously doesn't release how many are needed, but it's definitely more than just 2 or 3. Also afaik it should only count 1 report per player per match, so you can't just go and dump your 11 daily reports as chat misbehaviour on someone.

Another one is that a WG support staff is checking your recent chatlogs. Recent meaning the past week or maybe month. This usually only happens when somebody writes a ticket to them. WG support states that they don't deal with penalty for chat misbehaviour and the like, but they will still look at it and give out penalites, if someone writes to them and has prove that a player was extremely toxic (usually in the form of screenshots).

There are also players who report what they percieve as "poor play" with the misbehaviour in chat option because those players believe this is the only report that will actually sanction another player in some way. However here again counts what I already wrote earlier. You would have to amass a large number of those reports to get chatbanned in the first place.

Looking at your profile page on the portal the last seems to be a likely possibility in your case, given that your battle performance appears to be a good bit below the server average for many of the ships you play.

Please be aware that WG doesn't like it if you discuss sanctions in the forum so this thread will likely be closed before long.

If you think that you have been wrongly chatbanned you can try to appeal to the support and they might look at your chatlogs and remove the ban. Here keep in mind that the support is very busy and will probably need more than 1 day to even reply to your ticket, so you shouldn't use that option for a short-term ban of 24h, but only if you get banned for a longer period of time like 1 week or longer.

[NUNC]
Players
4 posts
2,900 battles

Okay interesting, because the stats for my ships I played when I was learning the game (lets say my first 1000 battles) people can write a ticket maybe of the stupidest thing you've said because youre a bit pissed of of the MM or the teams, thats a great mechanic wow

Anyways thanks for the info

[FDE]
Players
126 posts
6,380 battles

1-day long chat bans are coming instantly from in-game reports done by players (own or opposing team). Those given by WG staff are longer (after investigating the Customer Service tickets) in duration: few days, weeks or even a month. So if you didn't wrote a single word in chat then you must have played well and annoyed few from enemy team (like killing them of damaging significantly)... so they decided to punish you with those reports (knowing that those are inflicting punishment instantly). So it's just somebody's butt-hurt.