Sign in to follow this  
_Montagne

Alaska release date

9 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
Players
39 posts
10,093 battles

Anyone know any dates or updates Alaska will be released to the public?

I have 750k free xp now and was saving for Alaska but now I have all this free xp I'm tempted to use it.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts
5,449 battles

Soon™

• Funny 1

[-GG-]
Players
140 posts
9,881 battles

It looks like Jean Bart is scheduled first. Notser even announced as ready for 7.10.

But it was postponed, so Alaska won't come soon for sure. I'd say Xmas or 2019 and I guess it will be CW/steel ship not freexp.

[ADRIA]
Players
204 posts
9,578 battles

There will be riots in US if WG locks Alaska behind steel/CW wall. So I'm guessing it's gonna be free xp ship. 

Also, didn't Flamu said Alaska was in it's final iteration so I'm guessing it should be released soon(TM), like before christmas. 

[SOCKS]
Players
695 posts
5,290 battles

I sure hope is a limited access ship. Kronstadhts already are BBs in disguise, Alaskas will be too. Cruisers (normal ones) don't hold a candle to either - and on top of that we already have more than enough radar ships in the game to have yet another one added to the lot.

Same reason I completely loathe the wichita, btw. WG should really stop it with the radars. It was fine when a handful of ship had them, but now high tier DD gameplay is oppresive as all hells because it isn't rare to be matchmaked against teams with 3-4 radars, some of which have lower concealment than radar range. That's 25-33% of the enemy team and some of them unspottable before they radar. It's literally a nightmare. And I'm on record defending the reason to exist of radar, but in the last half year it's gone beyond ridiculous levels.

It has to stop, and limiting access to Alaska would go a long way to begin a trend where new lines don't use radar to at least reduce it's usage to manageable levels.

[-GG-]
Players
140 posts
9,881 battles
On ‎12‎.‎10‎.‎2018 at 11:00 AM, quickr said:

There will be riots in US if WG locks Alaska behind steel/CW wall. So I'm guessing it's gonna be free xp ship. 

Also, didn't Flamu said Alaska was in it's final iteration so I'm guessing it should be released soon(TM), like before christmas. 

Actually there's a topic on some other redd.it forum where ppl "datamined" (sort of) from clan port that Alaska is a steel ship.

Remember that Bourgogne is in the pipeline. And one of those two must be steel. If Alaska was that one, I'd be sooo happy to have Bourgogne for coal/freexp :cap_popcorn:  

[ADRIA]
Players
204 posts
9,578 battles
15 minutes ago, radius77 said:

Actually there's a topic on some other redd.it forum where ppl "datamined" (sort of) from clan port that Alaska is a steel ship.

Remember that Bourgogne is in the pipeline. And one of those two must be steel. If Alaska was that one, I'd be sooo happy to have Bourgogne for coal/freexp :cap_popcorn:  

No datamining, there is an ingame model of Alaska in Clan port, which proves nothing. I still firmly believe that WG would not lock such a famous ship behind a steel wall. There would be riots in the US. 

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
7 posts
1,600 battles

Soooo... No Alaska in 0.7.10, the waiting game continue... 

I hope it won't be released for christmas. Also they did add more ship for the tester.

Sign in to follow this