Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
antean

Clan Flag

6 comments in this topic

Players
185 posts
159 battles

I'm sure this has been mentioned, however, I did not see much with the search function here ……

My suggestion is this;

Why doesn't WoWS offer Clan Flags as an option that could be bought either directly or via Doubloon purchase from the premium shop?

WoT & WoWP have clan emblems - I suggest a flag for WoWS although a clan emblem could fit on a ship somewhere, as well (a smoke stack for instance).

Already there is a 'second' optional flag slot available for the Am & Ijn national lines.

Already there are many 'commemorative' flags which are barely utilized. Why? A lack of extra flag slots.

If one has the US MMC flag or an Alpha flag a player will use those (I have the A flag in NA).

With the completion of the US Cruiser Mission, I have the second flag slot for my US ships so I fly some of the US commemorative flags.

However, there is no place (for myself) to fly an a extra flag on any other nationality of ship.

Clan Commanders pay Doubloons to register a Clan Name.

I am sure many Clan Members would pay WG to be able to fly a 'Clan Flag' in 'dedicated clan flag slot'.

I will immediately buy a 'dedicated Clan Flag Slot' as soon as WG offers one.

Players
185 posts
159 battles
9 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

FWIW the WOT clan badge is a freebie...

I am well aware of that - the emblem feature is also a flat surface as opposed to a waving flag which might be more difficult to code for & render so I suggest paying for that & which I would do.

[ASEET]
Players
191 posts
6,539 battles

In WoT the engagement ranges are way shorter thus giving players the chance to see the emblem of enemies. For us to be able to see the emblems in WoWS would require them to be huge. Like 1/3rd of ship size huge.

I mean how often does one even see the flags on enemy ships? I haven't seen one and even is such situations where I might have been close enough to see them, I've had far more important things to do like try to sink the enemy before he does the same to me. As for allies(or even enemies) their clan affiliation is instantly clear from the team rooster, before the game and from the sidebar in battle.

[SM0KE]
Players
1,607 posts
5,047 battles
12 minutes ago, antean said:

I suggest paying for that & which I would do.

I suspect you may be in a minority!

Players
185 posts
159 battles

Sure, you barely see any signal or national flag, let alone Camoes, in Battle unless you are in port or up close to a ship (usually on your own team).

However, that hasn't stopped the Developers from including all sorts of 'visual candy' of this sort.

The point is, for Clannies to have their Clan Flag/Emblem 'shown' (so they can see it).

Sign in to follow this