Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
K98_Schuetze

Captain there....but where are the others?

Senior Officers on the ships?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Crew, do we want more options in form of crew? (This suggested for or an other)

• Yes, some more senior officers on the ship adds to realism and possibilities
    • No, I am happy with a ghost ship and less options for my ships

32 comments in this topic

[-DSA-]
Players
137 posts
5,706 battles

Heya people!

Gods damn it, where is the crew....or at least some of those important senior officers at any vessel?

Here a suggestion how it could be done.

Feel free to discuss this subject, in an adult manner of course.

4x slots for BB's

3x slots for CV's, CA's and CL's

2x slots for DD's

Short note to the names of those officers below:

I am not a native english speaking guy and maritime wording is also very specific. I used google translation, lol

But I think you guys get the twist.

deck officer

ship's HP increase +3%

watch officer

torpedo detection range +5% or ship detection range +2%

weapon system officer

maximum scattering -5% or secondary reload time -1 second

engine room officer

speed boost +15 seconds or maximum speed +1 kn

electronic officer

hydro duration +15 seconds or maximum hydro range +2%

repair officer

time to have repair party ready again -5% or healing +2%/second

navigation officer

concealment +2% or AA gun range +3%

plane section officer

rearming plane time -5% or plane HP increase +3%

The list above is just a given example (without mathematics behind).....so calm guys :)

So far I have not made the thinking of leveling them up or such stuff (as in WoT for example given), I dont think thats neccessary at all but would off course also go for that route as long as

crew/senior officers would be implemented.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 6

[POI--]
Players
3,204 posts
4,348 battles

Ah yeah, buff the BBs, they lack competitive edge against the rest. Screw those DDs.

I'm not going to comment on the example values, most are flat out broken though. I take it they are examples and need heavy tweaking by someone with an idea of game balance.

Overall, I deem this silly complicated for no purpose.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles

Nah I think the captain is enough. No need to confuse people even more as they are already.

• Cool 6

[_MIA_]
Players
2,955 posts
5,366 battles

Imo this doesnt help variety.

Cptn skills are already pretty boring (standard) for most builds. Only bad players will choose sub-optimal skills, like SE on BBs, with an option to gain even more health, we would soon see the first BB with >110k HP.

And i dont really see that many options there either, so we could just argue about straight up buffing the ships.
Take your examples on a BB:

More HP for BB is pretty much useless (well, BBabies will take it anyway) -

Better torp detection would be highly recommended for BBs (the 2nd option simply doesnt work) +

Better dispersion - once again favors BBs and would be highly recommended +

Better speed - not really THAT big of a deal =

Better hydro - only for German BBs +

Better Repair party - ofc highly recommended for BBs +

Better Concealment or AA range - 1st one would ofc be good for anyone, including BBs and 2nd one is just not enough. +

Plane option: Not for BBs.

So we only have 4 (5) skills usefull for BBs. Every decent BB captain would take them. German BB with Hydro would probably leave out the better concealment to get the better Hydro. The dispersion OR secondary option wouldnt be an option at all, since german BBs tend to have bad dispersion, so everything helps them.

What does that mean?

It would straight up buff certain aspects for most BBs, because the choices are mostly limited in usefullness. For players who dont know what to take, this would only increase the difference between a good and a bad player. Bad player takes more HP for BB, and thus is at a greater disadvantage than before compared to someone, who would take the right upgrades.

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,897 posts

I'm also in the camp with "one captain is enough", I don't want to to become like WoT with the multiple crews. 

However, what is strange is the voices. There is always 1 person saying stuff to you (the captain?). From ships spotted to guns that hit, a warning for torpedoes, the state of the battle,... it would be a nice touch to have those things voiced by different actors. So spotting of ships & torpedoes by the lookout, the hits of the guns by the gunnery officer, the state of the battle by the radio operator,... That would make you feel like you are the captain, and not some divine creature steering the ship and guiding the captain you hear all the time. It would require some more actors to do the voice acting though, but it should work.

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
761 posts
4,585 battles

I don't think this is a good idea - it will just make some players a lot more powerful simply based on how much XP they've accumulated.

• Cool 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,408 posts

I always like those supposedly neutral polls where the despise the OP has for every option except his prefered one is clearly showing. Even more so if the idea behind them is as unbalanced as this one.

Must be really hard to make a poll with simple "yes", "no" and "don't care either way".

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
761 posts
4,585 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

I always like those supposedly neutral polls where the despise the OP has for every option except his prefered one is clearly showing. Even more so if the idea behind them is as unbalanced as this one.

Must be really hard to make a poll with simple "yes", "no" and "don't care either way".

Or even a "I'm happy as it is".....

[POI--]
Players
3,204 posts
4,348 battles
20 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

So we only have 4 (5) skills usefull for BBs. Every decent BB captain would take them. German BB with Hydro would probably leave out the better concealment to get the better Hydro. The dispersion OR secondary option wouldnt be an option at all, since german BBs tend to have bad dispersion, so everything helps them.

Concealment mod beats target acquisition mod, so guess which bonus gets thrown out for better hydro. Yes, it'd likely not be concealment but torp detection. Especially on secondary-build German BBs with atrocious concealment and hydro available for when you need it, torp detection is the better sacrifice.

Also, a -1 second secondary reload buff is huge, the -5% dispersion not. That reload buff is basically a 33% increase in firepower on the 12.8 cm guns on Kurfürst and Gneisenau (4 seconds base, with BFT it's a 38% increase) If you build secondaries, this is insane. Slap on Kurfürst Legendary and you get 2.18 seconds reload before AR kicks in. Goodbye to anything that comes into range.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,983 posts
4,972 battles

Regarding the poll:

1: adds no variation or possibilities, you may want to see it so, but it does not, atm our single officer does all jobs, deal with it.

2: what ghost ship? You mean the uncrewed one we would still have? Ah, you mean to say that having different voices and portraits in port, and still seeing nothing in game would make any difference? So you are a special one I take it?

[SM0KE]
Players
1,609 posts
5,047 battles

No, I am happy with a ghost ship and less fewer options for my ships!

[_MIA_]
Players
2,955 posts
5,366 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Concealment mod beats target acquisition mod, so guess which bonus gets thrown out for better hydro. Yes, it'd likely not be concealment but torp detection. Especially on secondary-build German BBs with atrocious concealment and hydro available for when you need it, torp detection is the better sacrifice.

Also, a -1 second secondary reload buff is huge, the -5% dispersion not. That reload buff is basically a 33% increase in firepower on the 12.8 cm guns on Kurfürst and Gneisenau (4 seconds base, with BFT it's a 38% increase) If you build secondaries, this is insane. Slap on Kurfürst Legendary and you get 2.18 seconds reload before AR kicks in. Goodbye to anything that comes into range.

Ofc if you go by his values... As you said yourself, 1 sec is a lot. IF there would a choice, then it wouldnt be like that. Probably dispersion could be better then :fish_book:  For most BBs anyway, which ignore Secondaries.

Also if you dont take CE (depends id say) then i dont think a couple % better concealment would do too much. Stacked Hydro with better torpdetection sounds quite nice imo.

[POI--]
Players
3,204 posts
4,348 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Ofc if you go by his values... As you said yourself, 1 sec is a lot. IF there would a choice, then it wouldnt be like that. Probably dispersion could be better then :fish_book:  For most BBs anyway, which ignore Secondaries.

Also if you dont take CE (depends id say) then i dont think a couple % better concealment would do too much. Stacked Hydro with better torpdetection sounds quite nice imo.

If you don't take CE, every bit of concealment helps. Secondary Kurfürst is 15.9 km with only Concealment mod and camo. Already 5% shaves off 800 metres. With 10%, you almost get CE.

Meanwhile, if you are too inattentive to dodge torps your German hydro uncovered, is there any hope to dodge them when they get discovered a bit further out?

[HUN]
Players
69 posts
1,671 battles
1 hour ago, BrusilovX said:

I don't think this is a good idea - it will just make some players a lot more powerful simply based on how much XP they've accumulated.

... our bought.

Players
790 posts
6,871 battles

I'm not opposed in principle. I'll ignore the actual perks and values, which you say are just examples.

You're in effect proposing a "fourth layer of customization" for the ship. On top of captain skills, upgrades,  and signals which we have currently.

Does the game need additional ship customization? It's both a pro/con, you could add a bit of personality to your ship. Some specific play styles might be buffed too far with an additional perk.

I DO like the idea from a psychological perspective. You'd have these familiar faces and names there, which is nice especially if it's a ship you play for a long time. The ship would be "your own" in a new way.

I wouldn't want these perks to be locked behind an XP grind. This would have the effect of increasing the gap between new and old players (who already run 19 pt captains, full-meta signal sets, and special upgrades). I'd rather have it as a simple toggle switch -- do you want this crew member to give you a minor buff in either A or B?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,955 posts
5,366 battles
50 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

If you don't take CE, every bit of concealment helps. Secondary Kurfürst is 15.9 km with only Concealment mod and camo. Already 5% shaves off 800 metres. With 10%, you almost get CE.

This would, again, depend on the values. (his suggestion was 2%, so like ~370m)

50 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Meanwhile, if you are too inattentive to dodge torps your German hydro uncovered, is there any hope to dodge them when they get discovered a bit further out?

Depends id say. I dont like Vigilance because it cost 3 cptn points, which i rather spend somewhere else. If id have to chose from those options, id go for it. Would get pretty immune to torp hits + you might spot torps which werent going for you but for your teammates! And hydro doesnt run constantly either :Smile-_tongue:

Anyway, i dont want to continue this. Imo we dont need more "hidden" buffs for BBs. I merely was trying to put out, that mostly it would be predetermed choices anyway (german BBs most likely an exception, because of secondaries + hydro, which others dont have).

And if your choice is basicly decided from the beginning, then it would be the same to just buff the ships and have the same result (IFHE is something, we could live without and balance ships accordingly f.e.)

Players
3,284 posts
6,875 battles

Frankly you could rework/reshuffle skills and rename those derpy "endurance" "attack" "versatility" categories with senior officers branches. 

• Cool 1

[-DSA-]
Players
137 posts
5,706 battles

LOL :)

Well guys, ok, the most of you dont go for a further specialization with the ships.

Its totally fine for me, it was just an idea and I appreciate your discussion.

World of Warships is a fun arcade game for me

(yes, I am normally playing simulation games or with some awesome depth in it, so that was my approach a little, and again - its ok for me if you dont like my suggestion)

But, by the way - some of you guys oversaw what I wrote.

It was just an example, nothing else. I thought you guys would bring your own ideas to this.

Funny to see, how people actually started the mathematics olthough I said, "its just an example" and "I did not made the mathematics for it"

or saying that I want to buff BB's

:Smile_ohmy::Smile_facepalm::Smile_teethhappy:

[HAERT]
Players
2,047 posts
1 hour ago, K98_Schuetze said:

LOL :)

Well guys, ok, the most of you dont go for a further specialization with the ships.

Its totally fine for me, it was just an idea and I appreciate your discussion.

World of Warships is a fun arcade game for me

(yes, I am normally playing simulation games or with some awesome depth in it, so that was my approach a little, and again - its ok for me if you dont like my suggestion)

But, by the way - some of you guys oversaw what I wrote.

It was just an example, nothing else. I thought you guys would bring your own ideas to this.

Funny to see, how people actually started the mathematics olthough I said, "its just an example" and "I did not made the mathematics for it"

:Smile_ohmy::Smile_facepalm::Smile_teethhappy:

People quite often don't SAY they want to buff BB's, but it's often what's in their minds and quite easy to spot in the posts.

I'm firmly against any additional crew and very, very strongly against ones that aren't applied to all classes equally. The 4/3/2 you proposed drastically favours BB's.

• Cool 1

[DKMUK]
Players
255 posts
2,482 battles

might as well give full crew could even make reloads longer or lose helm control as your crew burns to death from h/e spam cruisers

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,709 posts
13,166 battles
3 hours ago, K98_Schuetze said:

9 hours ago, K98_Schuetze said:

4x slots for BB's

3x slots for CV's, CA's and CL's

2x slots for DD's

8KTtscB.jpg?fb

• Cool 1

[CHAOS]
Players
2,260 posts
10,359 battles

- "Yes, some more senior officers on the ship adds to realism and possibilities"

- "No, I am happy with a ghost ship and less options for my ships"

I love how you are already trying to manipulate the vote with verbal framing. Luckily its not working as you intended. 

Still: It is a complete cheap tactic. Like having to vote for 2 candidates, and the vote says:

1) Candidate one (a great, humanist former doctor that saved a hundred children)
2) Candidate two (just some average plumber) 

Even tho the 1st candidate has completely dumb political ideas that will screw everyone, how many of you already preferred the abstract 1st candidate without even knowing what they are actually standing for?

Manipulation Basics 101.

Players
289 posts
812 battles

biased poll is biased.

also why not 4x for all ships?

or 2x?

i guess you can then apply penalties like in world of tanks when crew members get injured, immoblised or killed.

Sign in to follow this