Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Diaries: Update 0.7.10 - Discussion Thread

19 comments in this topic

Players
2,675 posts
12,104 battles

More action packed than ever! Halloween events have "hard" mode I see, but I will stick to "potato" mode! :-)

Loved Valeriya's sense of humour...and Oleg & Boleg.

Looking forward to it. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,690 posts
9,853 battles

Nice, the new torpedo alert is a nerf to DDs as it will reduce the amount of mistakes people make when faced with upcoming torpedoes.

With the proliferation of radar and cruisers able to delete them easily, and with the BB AP issue not resolved, there is less and less reason to play DDs.

Good job WG, a few more updates like these and you will be able to remove them completely.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[WOWS]
Players
171 posts
11,419 battles

The Ranked sprint will counted to the existing ranked stats, or will be seperate/unshown? I am a clan leader, who tracks activity, and i would use these numbers!

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,247 posts
8,064 battles

When will 0.7.10 go live? :Smile_honoring:

[HOME]
[HOME]
Weekend Tester
943 posts
8,826 battles
1 hour ago, The_Flying_Dutchman114 said:

Prolly 19-10-2018.

Patches are released on Thursdays. So likely the 18th. Ranked sprint starts 19th though so i would agree that 18th is likely.

[ULFR]
Players
9 posts
12,730 battles

Sorry to post it here but MM is out of balance of late. Either you're on the team that steamrolls OR you're on the team that gets steamrolled; there seems to be seldom a REAL balance in the teams, especially on tier 10. Perhaps take the PR of the players into account for the teams so that PR values per ship class are more or less equal...

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
152 posts
4,301 battles

DD soft limit:
You dont limit dds per match because of the battleship tears you idiots, you do it because the dd is the most influencial class after a cv in the game.
And because when you allow 5 dds per side you make dds obsolete.
Their role is to scout, spot ships, spot torps, cap, deny area with torps, occasionally smoke up allies and knife fight.
When you have 10 in a match (WHICH ARE NOT EVEN BALANCED AGAINST EACH OTHER, THANKS MM) their strategical impact is lessened.
For the wong fouk hing reasons this is a good change, but you really need to set your priorities straight.

Ranked Sprint:
People have been raging the forums for years regarding the abomination you call competitive ranked.
-Which is FAR FROM COMPETITIVE, because we rank up based on our RANDOM TEAM MATES.
-Finally you allowed divisions. Even those silly things of 2.Better than nothing so +1 here. It was about foking time.
-Ranked 5? Really now?A tier that has great premium ships but no so great silver competitive ships?
A tier that can be reached in 3 days of play time?
ARE YOU FOR REAL?
WE ARE BEGGING FOR TRUE COMPETITIVE RANKED AND YOU AIM TO INCLUDE MORE POTATOES INTO IT?
ffs.
As if those farming in coop or converting fexp and jumping to tier 10 were not enough,
as if you allowing people with 40% wr participate in ranked was not enough,
as if you doing a crap job in properly educating players how to play their ships was not enough,
now we are also gonna have those braindead players who only play t4-t5 participate in ranked.
Really now?
True competitive ranked setups would be:

1)

1v1 matches of the same ships. Bismarck vs Bismarck.
1v1 matches of the same ship types. Bismarck vs Amagi
With a limit of matches  per season in each category.
You can keep the star progression.
Different Ranks for different ship types.
So if i rank in destroyers, the rank will be visible only when i play destroyers.

2)
4v4 matches like the rql tournament.No cvs.
Either all ships t8 or 3 ships t7 and 1 t8 to allow for even greater strategic possibilities.
Same star system.

3)Keep current ranked crap system but allow divisions of 3.

Torpedo Warnings:
Why the F do you keep shitting on dds?
Now every brain-absent bb captain will only have to wait for the warning instead of calculating and watching his surroundings.
Thanks for dumbing down the game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,872 posts
2,152 battles
16 hours ago, ledgeri said:

The Ranked sprint will counted to the existing ranked stats, or will be seperate/unshown? I am a clan leader, who tracks activity, and i would use these numbers!

Ranked Sprint stats will be kept separately from regular ranked, they should be accessible for you to check though.

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
Players
190 posts
2,527 battles

Oh Good, get to have some fun in the Kamikaze. :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,799 posts
24,890 battles

@The_EURL_Guy What has happened to the Devs blog? no news in 9 days, we used to get regular updates on latest developments, is this to be redirected to the forum too?

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles
On 10/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Read the full article

I would, but there is nothing to read - just some video.

Please, can we have at least a precis of the salient points in text form, for those of us who prefer to read?

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,799 posts
24,890 battles

@The_EURL_Guy (It seems you are a bot, because you never reply to comments directed at you, but I will try 1 more time) is the devs blog a dead FB page, should everyone unfollow? 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,872 posts
2,152 battles
4 hours ago, iJoby said:

@The_EURL_Guy (It seems you are a bot, because you never reply to comments directed at you, but I will try 1 more time) is the devs blog a dead FB page, should everyone unfollow? 

No it is not, but there is usually a lull in posts as we focus on deploying the latest version. When work seriously starts on 0.7.11 you will see the posts popping back up - and there are some interesting ones coming :)

• Cool 1

WoWs Wiki Team
470 posts
7,940 battles
On 11.10.2018 at 8:26 PM, iJoby said:

@The_EURL_Guy What has happened to the Devs blog? no news in 9 days, we used to get regular updates on latest developments, is this to be redirected to the forum too?

Two new news is there - and I guess more will follow. Most of the times new things are announced in week of Update on live-servers ;-)

• Cool 1

Players
179 posts
150 battles

Ummm, aren't 'Developer Diaries'  here so us Forumite peons can actually communicate with 'Developers'.

Are WG Team & WG Staff 'posters' Developers?

I  am wondering where the 'Developers' are?

Also, if this is the 'forum portal' to offer the Developers some Forum 'player ideas', how about these;

1) What has happened to the 'Clan Flags' idea? (sure looks as though the 'Artists' could have had this in game long ago)

2) What has happened to Italy (again)? (sure looks like it & some Rus Ships are based on Ita designs).

3) Have the Developers (or whoever actually 'decides') thought through (sufficiently) a major alteration of CV play?

I am all for 'Developer Diaries' so long as we Forumites actually see Developers (or whoever actually 'decides') communicating here.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,056 posts
14,065 battles
On 10/11/2018 at 4:49 PM, 13Ninjas said:

Oh Good, get to have some fun in the Kamikaze. :cap_rambo:

i always wanted one :(