Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bics93

Henri IV skills?

Henri IV captain build  

26 members have voted

1. 1. IFHE on Henri IV?

• Yes, >50mm HE pen will be useful
    • No, 40mm is enough, fire chance is better
  2. 2. Last stand on Henri IV?

• Yes, rudder is fragile
    • No, rudder is fine

11 comments in this topic

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
123 posts
3,015 battles

Hi! I stopped my french-cruiser grinding at Charles Martel, but during this ranked season I felt that the ninja style of Zao (who I really enjoy in clan battle, being the main Zao player in my clan at the moment) isn’t really well suited in a gamemode where I’m without a division.

Henri IV always intrigued me and I think it’s time to finish the grind, but I have a couple of doubts regarding captain skills:

- IFHE: with this skill 240mm HE can pen 50mm on juicy german BBs, Yamato (not the main deck), Roma, russian “super” cruisers and Khaba, will be worth the points? I often find frustrating placing a nice HE salvo with Zao only to have 6-8 shatters against this tanky targets; also german BBs are really common on EU;

- Last stand: french cruiser rudder is fragile and kiting usually results in a lot of shell hitting the stern of the ship and incapacitating the rudder, has Henri the same problem? Or is it similar to Zao, which has tankier rudder compared to the previous ships of the line?

[TTT]
Players
3,587 posts
7,456 battles

havent had any issues with the rudder on Henri that I can recall (very much unlike Charles for example where it did break remarkably often), and I personally think there are better ways to spend the points than IFHE...

One of the Honores is very much recommended by the way - Henri makes great use of the improved EM and AR!

• Cool 1

Players
3,268 posts
6,860 battles
7 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Hi! I stopped my french-cruiser grinding at Charles Martel, but during this ranked season I felt that the ninja style of Zao (who I really enjoy in clan battle, being the main Zao player in my clan at the moment) isn’t really well suited in a gamemode where I’m without a division.

Henri IV always intrigued me and I think it’s time to finish the grind, but I have a couple of doubts regarding captain skills:

- IFHE: with this skill 240mm HE can pen 50mm on juicy german BBs, Yamato (not the main deck), Roma, russian “super” cruisers and Khaba, will be worth the points? I often find frustrating placing a nice HE salvo with Zao only to have 6-8 shatters against this tanky targets; also german BBs are really common on EU;

- Last stand: french cruiser rudder is fragile and kiting usually results in a lot of shell hitting the stern of the ship and incapacitating the rudder, has Henri the same problem? Or is it similar to Zao, which has tankier rudder compared to the previous ships of the line?

Last Stand actually isn't THAT needed on Horny IV, unlike Charles and St. Loli. What does she need in all doses is turret traverse - even with Hodore unique captain and his improved EM, she have hard time keeping turrets on target during WSAD hax maneuvers (with reload mod, mind you). IFHE gives option to dent Khaba/Moskva and few select battleboats, base HE pen is enough to brutalize US BBs

Double rudder setup combined with Engine Boost is fun, but don't expect to carry many games in not exactly tanky cruiser with 14.1km detection. Looking back, Charles Martel IS the destination, any further ship only increases difficulty without gaining much in effectiveness. 

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
123 posts
3,015 battles
26 minuti fa, Panocek ha scritto:

Charles Martel IS the destination, any further ship only increases difficulty without gaining much in effectiveness. 

I’ll keep the Charles because I really like it, but I think that Henri IV offers a different gameplay rather than a better one, having unique guns and a really spammy legendary upgrade...

Players
125 posts
11,924 battles

If you are getting hit at med to long range you are doing it wrong so protecting rudder shouldn't need to be a priority (and I don't recall it ever breaking). Not overly keen on IFHE as the AP is really good on pretty much anything broadside, and for the rest of the time I just want guaranteed fires. Is a really fun ship - enjoy :)

Edited by Muppeteer
  • Cool 1

Players
3,268 posts
6,860 battles
4 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

I’ll keep the Charles because I really like it, but I think that Henri IV offers a different gameplay rather than a better one, having unique guns and a really spammy legendary upgrade...

Still, CM is better at playing like 3xl Kebab simply by virtue of being smaller and more maneuverable, as well not having crippling concealment.

[TTT]
Players
3,587 posts
7,456 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

Still, CM is better at playing like 3xl Kebab simply by virtue of being smaller and more maneuverable, as well not having crippling concealment.

and Henri has a lot of other things going for her. If you seriously think she's just a larger Charles, then you havent even begun to explore her potential...

• Cool 3

Players
3,268 posts
6,860 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and Henri has a lot of other things going for her. If you seriously think she's just a larger Charles, then you havent even begun to explore her potential...

Decent HE, solid AP, hilariously fast and not that impressive ballistics. To me she uses the same 3xl Kebab playstyle as CM, with tad bigger guns

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
591 posts
14,010 battles
2 hours ago, Panocek said:

Decent HE, solid AP, hilariously fast and not that impressive ballistics. To me she uses the same 3xl Kebab playstyle as CM, with tad bigger guns

It can be played as Khaba very successfully,  but don't underestimate absolutely brutal AP.... As Tyrendian said, shoot and kite is not all that Henri offers....

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
123 posts
3,015 battles
28 minuti fa, Zen71_sniper ha scritto:

It can be played as Khaba very successfully,  but don't underestimate absolutely brutal AP.... As Tyrendian said, shoot and kite is not all that Henri offers....

Also he can overmatch british cruiser 16mm armor with 240mm AP...

Players
3,268 posts
6,860 battles
33 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

WG is yet to ban someone for using her newest gimmick to burst some fires on freshly DCP'd battleboats or blast broadsides with AP,  while running and gunning all over the place.

Sign in to follow this