You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DuneDreamer

The consumables issue of Des Moines

23 comments in this topic

Question

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts

I have a strange irritating issue with the consumables of Des Moines. Whenever I end a game, 2 out of 4 consumables (those in the second and third slots) automatically switch from premium to the non-premium version. This prompts me to manually set the consumables after each battle although auto-resuply is enabled. I think this happens with other ships too. What can be done about it?

dm.png

22 answers to this question

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
337 posts
6,567 battles

Well if all 4 are out of stock then the issue is that two of them are somehow resupplying when you haven't ticked the box, not that two of them are not. With resupply for currency unticked it should be impossible for 2 of your consumables to auto resupply if you have none in stock.

Stating that you have none in stock however seems incorrect, as you clearly have premium damage control party and repair party mounted with no associated resupply cost, meaning they're resupplying from your inventory.

As an example, you can see in my inventory that I have have 3 premium consumables in stock;

image.thumb.png.7c4b5a297470e898c1a857794b5e3c0b.png

Republique with no premium consumables obviously shows no resupply cost;

image.png.42519ffebb03036b73608a119f8d02f8.png

If I mount the premium Repair Party there is still no resupply cost because I have 43 of these in stock. Because I have resupply from currency ticked and selected credits when I mounted the consumable I will pay 22,500c to resupply once my stock runs out;

image.png.94b307ae241d6d9485fe1b70c880538d.png

If I mount all 3 however, a cost is displayed, because I will be paying for the Damage Control Party and Speed Boost consumables since I have none in stock, 22,500c each;

image.png.8322c9e660e05d9ae87d6fd74eca95a5.png

Your screenshot shows no resupply cost, even though you have 2 premium consumables mounted. That means you are not paying to resupply them, they are coming from your inventory.

If you're truly having issues with consumables I would turn auto resupply off, demount the premium consumables and then exit the game.

Log back in, mount the consumables you want for the currency you wish, enable auto resupply and tick the box to use your chosen currency to resupply them since you have none in stock.

If that doesn't work, it would help to see what is in your inventory and know what currency you're using to buy the premium consumables.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 8 Minuten, DuneDreamer sagte:

I have a strange irritating issue with the consumables of Des Moines. Whenever I end a game, 2 out of 4 consumables (those in the second and third slots) automatically switch from premium to the non-premium version. This prompts me to manually set the consumables after each battle although auto-resuply is enabled. I think this happens with other ships too. What can be done about it?

I'd guess you don't have those consumables in stock, and since you didn't chose "resupply using ingame currency" the system cannot auto-resupply...

• Cool 1

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I'd guess you don't have those consumables in stock, and since you didn't chose "resupply using ingame currency" the system cannot auto-resupply...

I don't have all 4 consumables in stock but the issue relates to only 2 of them. The ressuply is with credits and I have half a billion.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 1 Minute, DuneDreamer sagte:

I don't have all 4 consumables in stock but the issue relates to only 2 of them.

then only those 2 are out of stock

Vor 2 Minuten, DuneDreamer sagte:

The ressuply is with credits and I have half a billion.

but you haven't selected the option to resupply for credits...

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

then only those 2 are out of stock

but you haven't selected the option to resupply for credits...

You're wrong again. As I already said, all 4 are out of stock. I always use the option to resupply for credits on all consumables on all ships simply because I have an unlimited amount of credits.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, DuneDreamer sagte:

As I already said, all 4 are out of stock.

ok sorry, than I got you wrong

so the "resupply using ingame currency" unticks itself after every game?

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts

Benser, I don't have any of the consumables that you see on my screenshot in stock. I only have in stock Catapult Fighter 2 (74 in total) because I don't use it. The rest of the consumables I pay with credits. Each one costs 22 500 credits. It doesn't matter if I have the consumables in stock or not. If they aren't in stock, then they should be paid for in credits, and as I've already said, I have half a billion - more than enough to pay for all the consumables. At least, this is how I understand the resupply of consumables works in this game. To illustrate it better, these are the two states of my consumables before and after each game with Des Moines:

5bbb7c98c3c14_dmbefore.png.5e8a4d61ca2f2cc98b748b38cdb2438b.png

dm.png.f09cefc22d4c6761b857094aacbe7674.png

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts

41 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

ok sorry, than I got you wrong

so the "resupply using ingame currency" unticks itself after every game?

It doesn't untick itself. I don't pay for consumables in doubloons. I pay for them in credits and I expect them to be auto-resuplied for credits.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts

I pay for them in credits and I expect them to be auto-resuplied for credits.

then you have to tick the box, otherwise no auto resupply...

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
8 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

then you have to tick the box, otherwise no auto resupply...

Yet, two of the consumables are auto resupplied for credits without a ticked box.

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
337 posts
6,567 battles
9 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Yet, two of the consumables are auto resupplied for credits without a ticked box.

Resupplied for credits but at no cost? Because that's what your screenshot shows.

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
18 minutes ago, Benser said:

Resupplied for credits but at no cost? Because that's what your screenshot shows.

The two consumables have a resupply cost of 25000 credits each. Whether this amount is subtracted from my total amount, I don't know, since I never calculate my remaining credits - they are always more than I need.

I just played another game with the box ticked and this time all the consumables were resupplied correctly. I though that "in game currency" referred only to doubloons, and not to credits. I've kept the box unticked on all my ships up until now because I didn't want to lose doubloons accidentally. It has happened in the past.

However, I have no idea why with the box for resupply unticked, two of the consumables resupply automatically and the other two don't.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts

I though that "in game currency" referred only to doubloons, and not to credits.

it depends on your selection of the currency of the single consumables. If it set to doubloons for a consumable, you will be charged doubloons for this consumable

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

it depends on your selection of the currency of the single consumables. If it set to doubloons for a consumable, you will be charged doubloons for this consumable

As I've pointed out, I always set the currency to credits as I don't want to loose doubloons.

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
337 posts
6,567 battles
10 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

The two consumables have a resupply cost of 25000 credits each. Whether this amount is subtracted from my total amount, I don't know, since I never calculate my remaining credits - they are always more than I need.

I just played another game with the box ticked and this time all the consumables were resupplied correctly. I though that "in game currency" referred only to doubloons, and not to credits. I've kept the box unticked on all my ships up until now because I didn't want to lose doubloons accidentally. It has happened in the past.

However, I have no idea why with the box for resupply unticked, two of the consumables resupply automatically and the other two don't.

I can only imagine that they are resupplying from stock, because not only is it resupplying with the "resupply for currency" unticked it also is not charging you any credits. Otherwise it would say so;

image.thumb.png.fae9a6cdd6ffef0a66079cce19980ab4.png

Are you certain your inventory has no DCP2 or RP2s?

If so, you might want to consider whether any mods are interfering and load the game with mods disabled?

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
2 minutes ago, Benser said:

I can only imagine that they are resupplying from stock, because not only is it resupplying with the "resupply for currency" unticked it also is not charging you any dubloons. Otherwise it would say so;

image.thumb.png.fae9a6cdd6ffef0a66079cce19980ab4.png

Are you certain your inventory has no DCP2 or RP2s?

If so, you might want to consider whether any mods are interfering and load the game with mods disabled?

This is the current state of my inventory. I just learned where to access it from since I didn't care whether I had items in it at all.

consumables.thumb.png.70f57d3bb5cb203e18f70dc4e2ef005e.png

However, I can see the number of catapult fighters remaining when I choose the consumable in port, while the Repair Party 2 doesn't show the available number. That is why I concluded that they aren't coming from the inventory but are paid for in credits.

I'm running the ModStation mod.

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
337 posts
6,567 battles

Well that explains the source of your repair party 2s, but not the damage control party 2s (unless you have a stock of 1).

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
4 minutes ago, Benser said:

Well that explains the source of your repair party 2s, but not the damage control party 2s (unless you have a stock of 1).

You're absolutely correct. Great observation on your part! However, I just entered the inventory and unless it has history, I cannot say whether I've used a premium damage control from it previously.

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
337 posts
6,567 battles
3 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

You're absolutely correct. Great observation on your part! However, I just entered the inventory and unless it has history, I cannot say whether I've used a premium damage control from it previously.

Check the resupply breakdown from your test battle.

image.thumb.png.a6f5f32eb9bee81d09603484329e6f49.png

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
7 minutes ago, Benser said:

Check the resupply breakdown from your test battle.

Currently, with the checkbox ticked, everything seems fine. The auto-ressuply cost is 67500 credits because I'm paying for only 3 out of 4 consumables with credits and the fourth still comes from my inventory.

The only problem remaining is that the Repair Party 2 consumable doesn't show the remaining number of charges in the port. You have to go to the inventory to see it.

Another thing that I don't like is that WG charges you doubloons for consumables even when you have tons of credits. I sometimes spend doubloons instead of credits by mistake when I switch between ships and the consumables they have.

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
337 posts
6,567 battles
2 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Currently, with the checkbox ticked, everything seems fine. The auto-ressuply cost is 67500 credits because I'm paying for only 3 out of 4 consumables with credits and the fourth still comes from my inventory.

The only problem remaining is that the Repair Party 2 consumable doesn't show the remaining number of charges in the port. You have to go to the inventory to see it.

Odd, mine shows you amount remaining;

image.thumb.png.843d62e467279f013012935c6ad4e343.png

You don't get this info in your port?

3 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Another thing that I don't like is that WG charges you doubloons for consumables even when you have tons of credits. I sometimes spend doubloons instead of credits by mistake when I switch between ships and the consumables they have.

For some time now premium consumables have cost credits by default, they only cost dubloons if you change to dubloons or you historically had dubloon cost selected. Might be worth going through every ship and checking then hopefully you won't have to worry about it again, just double check the currency you choose when you mount a new premium consumable on a new ship.

[SDS7]
Players
212 posts
3 minutes ago, Benser said:

Odd, mine shows you amount remaining;

image.thumb.png.843d62e467279f013012935c6ad4e343.png

You don't get this info in your port?

For some time now premium consumables have cost credits by default, they only cost dubloons if you change to dubloons or you historically had dubloon cost selected. Might be worth going through every ship and checking then hopefully you won't have to worry about it again, just double check the currency you choose when you mount a new premium consumable on a new ship.

It shows on mouse hover but not on click. So misleading...

rp2.png.723a9154955f3a14536e25d9d06215af.png

As for the ships, I currently have 44 and going through all of their consumables is tedious. I'll be careful when I change ships. Thank you for your explanations.