You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RAMJB

Intolerable

38 comments in this topic

[SOCKS]
Players
663 posts
5,241 battles

I'm going to try to put this softly.

It's completely intolerable the way people buy their way up to top tier, to then completely disgrace the experience of others, playing ships they have no business at all in playing.

Case in point. Midway, random battle - all he does during the game is going for the enemy CV. No recon, no protection, no nothing at all of his teammates. Of course, he barely scratches the CV, and his team loses in a steamroll of horror.
Checking on his stats, he has 87 battles in Midway. NONE in essex, 84 in Lexington (and trust me with his stats he had no chance to earn enough XP to go up to Essex). Not surprisingly - his WR in midway is 20%. His average damage, IN A MIDWAY, is 20k damage per battle. That's all. No high tier japanese CVs.

He's AWFUL in anything and everything he plays, and barely has any idea or clue of what a CV is supposed to do. From his Enterprise to his Midway, his stats are a consistent horror of red. And I mean, DEEP red. Like 50-ish PR in some ships, tops is around 500 in a couple low tier CVs.

So this guy reached Lexington, he was bored with sucking harder than a vacuum cleaner, considered that at his steady rate of 300xp per lost battle (which he lost 75% of the time) he was going to take a while to reach Midway and chose to say "screw it", opened the wallet, converted all his free XP, and woopla, now he's free to ruin everyone's experience at tier 10, at a steady cost of what? 50 bucks? 70? 80? Who cares?.

Let it sink deeply - he's got a 20% on his Midway (and seeing how he plays it one wonders how). That means that he's pretty much damning his whole team to suffer an abominable experience (nothing worse than being subjected to the attentions of an enemy T10 CV without opposition) 80% of the times he pushes "to battle", because he chose to open the wallet.

There must be a way to prevent this BS from happening. Minimum of battles in the line to unlock top tier, or something, but this SHOULDN'T happen, and this can't be allowed to happen.

It's also intolerable that we can't link here the names, stats, and precise details of those who do just that. Naming and shaming has a place- the place to make people who deserve to be ridiculized in public been made an example for everyone NOT to follow. Because I can't post the name and link to the AWFUL,HORRID, STUPID stats of this individual in question. If people choose to act like morons, they should be shown up in public like morons.

And yes, I'm furious. My experience last 2 days has been a constant of suffering from awful potato teams, and particularily so CV players who are stealing the air they breath.

• Cool 13
  • Bad 2

[_MIA_]
Players
2,902 posts
5,350 battles

giphy.gif

I totaly agree.
But meanwhile, WG is doing this

giphy.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Weekend Tester
801 posts
4,356 battles

If you suck long enough you can suck your way up to tier X eventually, he just speed up the process...

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles

Even if players were not able to free XP to higher tiers they would still get there eventually - it will just take them longer to get there.

Some players get to a certain level and never improve - some even get worse.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
5,677 battles

Reading this reminded me of an enemy Taiho player who kept flying his planes over my DM.

He lost 48 planes before he realized it was stupid. I wasn't hit once. I thanked him for the planekills and I lost carma. Lol

But back on topic. This isn't anything new. Was the same in wot too. And one of the Donalds here really tells u all u need to know.

Players buy high tier ships and accumulate free xp.....ka ching for WG but bad for us. This has been debated for 8 years in WG games.

Nothing will change.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts

Grim reality is there has been steady decline in gameplay quality. Have we hit bottom? Don't know, but games are less and less fun.

• Cool 4

[AAO]
Players
395 posts
6,939 battles

Were been collecting these brainiacs to community forum and competing who has the worst. After 7 pages its getting sad, CVs at t10 with 15-20k games and PR of 15-80 playing CV. 

If players can spot quite certain bot with no efford why cant WG, i know possibly losing revenue but WG is forgetting those who get banned might pay double. 

[AS13]
Players
1,138 posts
1,552 battles
50 minutes ago, siramra said:

Reading this reminded me of an enemy Taiho player who kept flying his planes over my DM.

He lost 48 planes before he realized it was stupid. I wasn't hit once. I thanked him for the planekills and I lost carma. Lol

You can't say that you didn't enjoy it though. Every coin has two sides. 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,440 posts
7,788 battles

It has always been like this in every game of this type, and I don't see it ever stopping. Simply because these people bring in way more money than their griefing squanders.

The only way WG is lessening the impact they have is through the upcoming CV rework. Beyond normalizing each player's impact on the game, nothing will be done about this I can guarantee you that.

Knowing your history with these kinds of games, I'm pretty sure you can recognize that this is a conscious tactic by these companies.

Just like there are horrible players willing to spend money despite losing all the time and doing basically nothing each battle, there's also bad to mediocre players who get enormous kicks out of completely owning those bottom feeders.

• Cool 1

[HNFC]
Players
71 posts
6,191 battles
2 hours ago, RAMJB said:

It's also intolerable that we can't link here the names, stats, and precise details of those who do just that. Naming and shaming has a place- the place to make people who deserve to be ridiculized in public been made an example for everyone NOT to follow. Because I can't post the name and link to the AWFUL,HORRID, STUPID stats of this individual in question. If people choose to act like morons, they should be shown up in public like morons.

The problem is not with being terrible at the game, and having no clue on how to get better. The problem is being so self-centered as to not give a ding about all this, and happily joining up time and time again, with no regard to the other 11 who are doomed yet again due to a parental mistake a few decades ago. 

The same rules applied to World of Warplanes back in the day, too - no naming and shaming (regardless of the magnitude of negative impact: In the game there was hardly any countering mechanism to teamkilling - and boy, was it commonplace!). So veteran, fed-up, forum-using players just took it elsewhere. There was a separate FB-group practically dedicated to discussing "interplayer relations", and taking collective action against a select few particularly bad cases. Here, however, with a reporting system of no consequences and a highly functioning anti-teamkill mechanism (you are usually destroyed before your intended team-target goes down), chances are limited to do anything that actually hurts a highly problematic player - even if it could be synchronized elsewhere.

Sadly, things aren't likely to change - but if the carrier rework seems to have few or any benefits at all...then reducing the possible skill, - and impact-gap between two opposing CV's is one of them. Without discussing whether this is being fair or not for those few players who developed amazing skills in today's CV management... The negative impact of you having a totally clueless gummybear as your CV will quite probably dampen after the rework goes live. 

That said, there will always still be row1/10'ing DD's, borderhumping BB's, and 5k damage/game cruisers in high tiers by the plenty even after the new CV gameplay is introduced... :( 

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,603 posts
6,663 battles
2 hours ago, RAMJB said:

It's completely intolerable the way people buy their way up to top tier, to then completely disgrace the experience of others, playing ships they have no business at all in playing.

Game is for everyone; not just for you.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
3,668 posts
12,833 battles
1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

Grim reality is there has been steady decline in gameplay quality. Have we hit bottom? Don't know, but games are less and less fun.

Not playing high tier helps me a lot in the fun department.

Yes, there's tons of potatoes in the lower tiers, too. But at T5 or T6 a CV that is utterly better than his opponent has less chance to totally dominate a game.

• Cool 1

Players
2,869 posts
5,153 battles
14 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

And you can say exactly that to the 20% CV-Player, that decides to leave the game 00:01 in the game with his complete 3-man-division, because he forgot to tell over TS his other, equally sucky teammates, to klick in at the same time - right?

[AS13]
Players
1,138 posts
1,552 battles
20 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

And you can say exactly that to the 20% CV-Player, that decides to leave the game 00:01 in the game with his complete 3-man-division, because he forgot to tell over TS his other, equally sucky teammates, to klick in at the same time - right?

Think of the alternative - now you have one AFK carrier, soon to be effectively like 'one AFK BB'.

If his friends had klicked in you'd have 2 more sucky teammates AND a sucky CV. 

41 minutes ago, NicramDuel said:

.....totally clueless gummybear

Brilliant! Can I use that? :Smile_medal:

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,603 posts
6,663 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Please don't try strawman with me idiot.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[SOCKS]
Players
663 posts
5,241 battles
1 hour ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Those air thieves can play on T4 CVs as long as they want for all I care. They can play the game. What they can't (or shouldn't) be allowed to do is to play at a tier they haven't either learned how to play in nor earned the right to play at (other than by using their wallet). Specially not in CVs, which, at T10 is a class that completely dominates gameplay.

Game is for everyone. Ruining everyone's fun is not.

• Cool 1

Players
2,869 posts
5,153 battles
40 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Please don't try strawman with me idiot.

I like how you insulted yourself there :Smile_teethhappy:.

[HNFC]
Players
71 posts
6,191 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Brilliant! Can I use that? :Smile_medal:

Take it! Take 'em in all the flavours! Bonus CV-evacuation floatation devices now included! :Smile_teethhappy:

...Acually, this is quite a good impression of a future 3v3 CV game including average spesulz probably - given the 2-CV's-per-team-max limit will ever be raised lol!

...Or the new sprites for remaining spectators after three minutes of the average random battles of today :Smile_teethhappy:

still-life-2.thumb.jpg.0f1b7fa6848fc43956413a9773500096.jpg

• Funny 6

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,251 posts
3,752 battles

Hey, maybe i buy me in the next time my way to T10 CV as i have no other ships left to research.

My last game in a CV was about 2 years or more ago in a T4 or T5 CV, so it would be nice to play a T10 then. :Smile_child:

Sorry but i must do something with my free xp.... :Smile_glasses:

[HF_30]
Players
1,288 posts
6 hours ago, NicramDuel said:

Sadly, things aren't likely to change - but if the carrier rework seems to have few or any benefits at all...then reducing the possible skill, - and impact-gap between two opposing CV's is one of them. Without discussing whether this is being fair or not for those few players who developed amazing skills in today's CV management... The negative impact of you having a totally clueless gummybear as your CV will quite probably dampen after the rework goes live. 

I really don't care how half-baked the rework will be in any other regard, but for that alone it can't come fast enough.

[-ENF-]
Players
17 posts
2,160 battles

You will always have bad players no matter what. 

And yes you can complain about paying up the tiers, but on the other side it brings in cash and let wg develop the game more.

Why can't a bad player play this game?

Thats like saying, you suck at soccer, so dont play it.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles
3 hours ago, Arakus said:

Hey, maybe i buy me in the next time my way to T10 CV as i have no other ships left to research.

My last game in a CV was about 2 years or more ago in a T4 or T5 CV, so it would be nice to play a T10 then. :Smile_child:

Sorry but i must do something with my free xp.... :Smile_glasses:

Save it up for the next T9 free XP premium - I'm sure there will be more of those.