You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CaptainCoconutUK

Operation Dynamo sailor recovery mechanics added to gameplay.

12 comments in this topic

[CUK]
Players
2 posts
9,253 battles

One of my fellow clanmates has come up with a neat idea, why not add the sailor recovery mechanics to general gameplay & rewards given for the amount of sailors rescued from both sides, or just allied.
I think this would be a great addition to gameplay, tactics & of course there is the humanitarian element to consider. :cap_look:

Just throwing a good idea out there for everyone to discuss as I don't see a problem with it's implementation to the game (as it's already in there via the Dynamo Operation). Just wondering if there is any problems that anyone else can spot with this, other than a possible overcomplication of the gameplay somewhat. :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,922 posts
5,358 battles

What would one get for that?

Must have some use, otherwise noone would do it.

[TTT]
Players
3,599 posts
7,459 battles

serves zero purpose, and would encourage players to just stop playing the actual game and stop in the middle of the open ocean... what about this seems like a good idea to you again?

• Funny 2

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,122 battles

You can just imagine a DD standing off and torping the pick up point as soon as a ship gets to the pick up point, no thanks, not a good idea.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,707 posts
13,150 battles
4 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

serves zero purpose, and would encourage players to just stop playing the actual game and stop in the middle of the open ocean

Considering BBs tend to bow camp in clusters this would present them an easy way to farm more income. They're all already stopping and/or reversing slowly anyway, this way they'll even get rewarded if their teammates die.

Thus in the eyes of WG this idea is likely excellent and should be implemented asap.

What do you mean other classes don't benefit? Who cares about those? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,606 posts
6,685 battles

Had crossed my mind also.  Extra XP or badges or something.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,606 posts
6,685 battles
1 hour ago, Cyclops_ said:

You can just imagine a DD standing off and torping the pick up point as soon as a ship gets to the pick up point, no thanks, not a good idea.

Because that was what used to happen IRL.

[CUK]
Players
2 posts
9,253 battles

I mean it might not even be rewarded in anything other than kudos points, save 1000 lives, get an extra point. That way players don't farm anything but respect. ;)

Players
1 post
7,415 battles

As rarely DD,S survive most battles and maps show sunk players why not pick-up sailors, you may be far away from remaining battle/ out of range and able to perform this task.

It would be a player a choice to stop, not a forced action but might make it something that did happen during war. Obviously battles are never cut and dry with all players in the same map area so maybe a twist to the game.

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles

I doubt that historically anyone stopped to pick up sailors in the middle of a fight.

Surely someone will prove me wrong by googling some bizarre exception :P

Quality Poster
2,951 posts
7,933 battles
13 minutes ago, aboomination said:

I doubt that historically anyone stopped to pick up sailors in the middle of a fight.

Don't have an exception, but the sailors of the sunk USS Indianapolis had to survive for three days mostly because the US Navy (at least those who knew of her mission) thought of her sinkining as a trap by the Japanese and thus refused to send help any sooner.

Overall: Much like a snipe scenario. Why should I kill the enemy in my sights, if I can draw more enemies to his position by wounding him and then shooting down even more enemies that come to his rescue...

[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
On 07/10/2018 at 5:48 PM, CaptainCoconutUK said:

One of my fellow clanmates has come up with a neat idea, why not add the sailor recovery mechanics to general gameplay & rewards given for the amount of sailors rescued from both sides, or just allied.
I think this would be a great addition to gameplay, tactics & of course there is the humanitarian element to consider. :cap_look:

Just throwing a good idea out there for everyone to discuss as I don't see a problem with it's implementation to the game (as it's already in there via the Dynamo Operation). Just wondering if there is any problems that anyone else can spot with this, other than a possible overcomplication of the gameplay somewhat. :cap_fainting:

Been discussed in the past.

Verdict - not going to happen.

WG doesn't want to have drowned pixels on their conscience.