Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FurthLover77

I this Possible, citadeled by Hindenburg

49 comments in this topic

Players
18 posts
583 battles

I just played a match in the North Carolina and i was repeatedly citadeled by a Hindenburg from 15 KM and i was angled. can someone explain if this is possible?

image.thumb.png.e6c7e87efab9dd88a2982649efdea1d9.png

[_MIA_]
Players
2,916 posts
5,350 battles

After battle screen where we can see who damaged you? Dont think thats a thing at 15km. In close combat it should work tho.

I rather think it should have been some other ship, and you mistaked it for being the Hindi.

[SKRUB]
Players
141 posts
12,522 battles

Yeah and he was sunk after 4 mn, so he probably die to heavy focus fire, maybe the two BB at the bottom crit him too.

Players
276 posts
3,409 battles

Do you have the detailed report? That just tells us he gave the killing blow.

Players
2,878 posts
5,156 battles
1 minute ago, FurthLover77 said:

And now if you hoover your mouse over the "damage received" youll get the info as shown on my screen ;)

Players
18 posts
583 battles

I feel some what dumb because i didn't know about that feature and i also feel dumb because i was citadeled by a unseen Montana. XDimage.thumb.png.0222ffb3271252d822ba278abe18fc29.png

• Cool 8

Players
2,878 posts
5,156 battles
1 minute ago, FurthLover77 said:

I feel some what dumb because i didn't know about that feature and i also feel dumb because i was citadeled by a unseen Montana. XD

Its ok. This game has a lot of hidden things going on, that you cant know about. You learned something now, so thats a good thing :Smile-_tongue:.

Btw - I saw something on your first screen, that could help you avoid such situations in the future: the minimap. First, I´d make it bigger (simply press + during a round) and then I´d change the settings of the minimap.

You can go in the options and change it, so that enemy ships, that have been spotted before, stay with their last position on the minimap. That way, you wont so easy forget, that there was a ship somewhere in your flank. Ill show you, how my Minimap looks like. F.e. the Shimakaze - I dont have to remember, that he was somewhere behind of me, the minimap shows me his last position all the time.

shot-18_09.27_19_21.08-0103.thumb.jpg.6a241e071124a93b03a87cba99be9e0b.jpg

• Cool 4

[HOME]
Players
580 posts
7,635 battles

Gotta pump that minimap size up boy, thats a rookie size minimap! Max it out :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,595 posts
7,456 battles
6 minutes ago, FurthLover77 said:

Thats sad to hear because im a tier 8 XD

and way way way out of your depth up there... Right now your NC is a massive burden to any team you're on. I'd suggest you drop down about three tiers and get some more experience by playing a few other lines than just USN BBs. That'll not only give you a lot more time to get familiar with how the game works, but also broaden your perspective by showing you first hand how some of the ships you meet perform. All of which will translate into you performing better, winning more and thus probably also having more fun :cap_like:

• Cool 2

Players
18 posts
583 battles

4 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

and way way way out of your depth up there... Right now your NC is a massive burden to any team you're on. I'd suggest you drop down about three tiers and get some more experience by playing a few other lines than just USN BBs. That'll not only give you a lot more time to get familiar with how the game works, but also broaden your perspective by showing you first hand how some of the ships you meet perform. All of which will translate into you performing better, winning more and thus probably also having more fun :cap_like:

so your saying work on may awareness? because i have good aim and i know how to play a BB properly. like always angle, its fine to forget about the back turret, use damage control when there is multiple fires

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,111 battles

Don't worry Furth, people on the forum are extremely judgemental, if you feel comfortable playing the ship go right ahead and do so despite what negative nelly above says.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
13,649 posts
10,385 battles

And another thread that shows why you should not believe players that do not bring proof.

The amount of people claiming something that never happened is just too high on this forum.

[TTT]
Players
3,595 posts
7,456 battles
39 minutes ago, FurthLover77 said:

so your saying work on may awareness? because i have good aim and i know how to play a BB properly. like always angle, its fine to forget about the back turret, use damage control when there is multiple fires

no, I'm saying you have very little idea how to play BBs properly. You do abysmal damage in them, and your winrate's down the drain. Realizing that you've got a loooooong way to go until you can even consider yourself average is the first step to getting there.

And that's absolutely nothing against you - you're still very new to the game, you just have way too little experience right now. Play a lot more lower tiers, learn how the game works there.

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,167 posts
1,556 battles
1 hour ago, FurthLover77 said:

Thats sad to hear because im a tier 8 XD

I wonder how you did that. I have just 'researched' the T8 Royal Navy BB. 

The rest what I have is all T7 or below that. 

And I am currently grinding the credits to buy that T8 BB, costs 11 million silver. 

It will be a while before I can get it... and then I have to re-learn the captain again...

...and buy all the update stuff... the whole lot.

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,972 battles

I completely agree with @Tyrendian89, take your time and don't  power trough the tiers. Another advice that i would  give you is to enter one clan and play in division ( possibly with more seasoned and beyter players).

Talking about nc armour: on the side it has a narrow strip of 197mm that can get nuked without too many problems and the rest of armour is "only" 290mm. With my henry 4 ubder 15 kms the nc eats 15-20k salvoes quite reliable ( and with mbrb it can be a 20 secs job)

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,228 posts
6,325 battles
4 hours ago, FurthLover77 said:

t that feature and i also feel dumb because i was citadeled by a unseen Montana.

mye unseen battleships are not a fun way to start your game. 

even the best get suprised by them sometimes.

BB's are way too stealthy to begin with 

But i do agree that your minimap needs to be max size.

you have a way easyer time spotting those BB's

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,888 battles

OMG!!! I can't wait for that Hindenburg player to come to the Forum: "WTF?! How did I manage to hit 64k, do 3 citadels with HE fire on a NC?!" 

more serious. Good you learned something here OP. You can enlarge the minimap by pressing the "+" key. and while I'm at it: using the ctrl button you can click on the toothwheel above the minimap. Gives you very good info options (detectability range, AA range etc).

Sign in to follow this