You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sisito0o

In game chat has a serious flaw

10 comments in this topic

[BGNAV]
Players
226 posts
3,147 battles

It seems kind of obvious to me and many times I wanted to say it but then dismissed it as something minor, maybe because I play CVs only that it is a larger problem for me than for the rest of the players but still. When someone says something in the chat which is actually not trash talk, like if a person tells me he wants fighters for support(this is just an example, so don't tell me there are commands available, that's not the point), I have no idea which ship on he map that is, because the chat doesn't tell me that single most important thing during a battle. So I need to see the player's name, then need to press TAB look which ship is that player playing then again find it on the map and that is precious time lost for an obvious thing that should be included together with his name on the first place. 

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
13,608 posts
10,385 battles

If you use the quick commands for that, the ship asking for help is highlighted on the minimap.

[BGNAV]
Players
226 posts
3,147 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

If you use the quick commands for that, the ship asking for help is highlighted on the minimap.

First, that's not the point here, my example for a ship asking for fighters was just that, an example there can be many other situations that doesn't have commands, and then I can't tell every player to use commands some of them use the chat.

Weekend Tester
801 posts
4,356 battles

Yah i found that irritating as well. I have to constantly tab in and out of the playlists to see who's talking to me :fish_book:

And its very easily fixed as well. Just add what ship that players is in next to his name.

Like this:

Srle_Vigilante (Graf Zeppelin): Man i wish i bough this CV in the 24 hour window that it was available in...

I bet there's a mod somewhere... :fish_aqua:

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,183 battles

Easy; just ask "Where?" That's what I do when someone asks for air support. Then I reply if I can give it air support or not, or if the planes are reloading.

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
580 posts
7,403 battles

But you can enable ship and playernames on the minimap :) There you can easily see where he is and what ship he have :) 

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
152 posts
4,301 battles

There is a mod in the aslain modpack for this.
Use it.
Wg thinks that the player name is more important, strategically and tactically speaking, than his ship type right?

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,603 posts
6,663 battles
4 hours ago, sisito0o said:

It seems kind of obvious to me and many times I wanted to say it but then dismissed it as something minor, maybe because I play CVs only that it is a larger problem for me than for the rest of the players but still. When someone says something in the chat which is actually not trash talk, like if a person tells me he wants fighters for support(this is just an example, so don't tell me there are commands available, that's not the point), I have no idea which ship on he map that is, because the chat doesn't tell me that single most important thing during a battle. So I need to see the player's name, then need to press TAB look which ship is that player playing then again find it on the map and that is precious time lost for an obvious thing that should be included together with his name on the first place. 

He's right.  Super annoying to have to run a  mod to make chat work properly.

So OP there are various mods to fix it in Aslain's pack.

• Cool 1