You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LazyVegetable

Does karma actually do anything?

30 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
106 posts
387 battles

I've lost karma in games that I said nothing at all in the chat, I carried the team, in the port i was greeted with karma lost for being reported, I guess someone got upset I killed them or something.

I'm curious if this actually does anything or I can ignore it because realistically, it's an extremely flawed system.

Players
371 posts
4,209 battles

It does a bunch of things:

1) it makes you feel warm and cozy fuzzy if you get complimented

2) it makes you feel warm and cozy fuzzy if you compliment others and think about how they're going to feel warm and cozy fuzzy

3) it makes you a little bit sad, if you discover you've lost some karma

4) it gives people an alternative way to vent when they get mad at a fellow player - report them instead of kicking a puppy

5) on rare occasions it can be used as a feedback tool for constructive or non-constructive game play behaviour

6) ... there could be more

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

Players
1,992 posts
5,911 battles
24 minutes ago, LazyVegetable said:

I've lost karma in games that I said nothing at all in the chat, I carried the team, in the port i was greeted with karma lost for being reported, I guess someone got upset I killed them or something.

I'm curious if this actually does anything or I can ignore it because realistically, it's an extremely flawed system.

Yes you got higher chance of a supercrate :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 5
  • Bad 1

Players
511 posts
5,161 battles

The only thing Karma does is create forum questions titled "what does karma do" (or similar) every couple of weeks.

• Cool 2

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles
1 hour ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

You can give out more compliments and reports per day the higher your karma is. You start off with 7 of each, you get an extra one at 20 karma and max out at 110 with 11 compliments/reports a day. Other than that lots of reports for misbehaving in chat can result in a chat ban. Otherwise, no, it has no practical purpose other than make an imaginary number go bigger or smaller.

Bigger karma > bigger amount of reports in you sleeves > more system report abuse.

Players
402 posts
5,837 battles

Having kama is an important tool for telling how many BBabies you offended with your comments in a game by the number of reports you get. You don;t see reports when your kama is zero - my usual state.

• Funny 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
757 posts
4,585 battles

If you punish BB babies in your Asashio you lose karma.

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles
8 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Yes you got higher chance of a supercrate :Smile-_tongue:

I can actually confirm this :cap_book:

Players
251 posts
1,332 battles
8 hours ago, mrk421 said:

2) it makes you feel warm and cozy fuzzy if you compliment others and think about how they're going to feel warm and cozy fuzzy

4) it gives people an alternative way to vent when they get mad at a fellow player - report them instead of kicking a puppy

5) on rare occasions it can be used as a feedback tool for constructive or non-constructive game play behaviour

6) e.g. gives you a darn good laugh when you lose karma after a very good game, and know that you were highly irritating to at least one opponent :cap_haloween::Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[5D]
Players
388 posts
19,705 battles

If you carry a game in a CV killing 3/4 of the enemy team you get 12 reports and maybe even a chat ban. If you don't carry in a CV and your team lowers then it's your fault and you still get reported. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SRW]
[SRW]
Players
103 posts
8,664 battles

Karma should be turned off. Does nothing, and that about SC is a load of crap.

• Cool 2

[BNI]
[BNI]
Beta Tester
244 posts
11,699 battles

The only thing you gt from higher Karma is that you can compliment/report more times. (on the EU server).

On the NA server you also get small rewards for high karma.

But imo Karma depends on the underbelly-feelings from other players, as they report you for every single thing you do not right in their eyes.

I stopped caring a long time ago about Karma, as it brings you nothing.

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles
9 hours ago, mrk421 said:

I think you forgot the one about the afterlife.

• Funny 1

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,894 battles

Other than my increasing fear I'll reincarnate as a frog in my next life, because I lost 40 karma in about 4 weeks it doesn't do anything gamewise. Darn! I was almost at warthog level... Oh, the grind, the grind....

[UNICS]
Players
2,786 posts
11,545 battles
48 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Other than my increasing fear I'll reincarnate as a frog in my next life, because I lost 40 karma in about 4 weeks it doesn't do anything gamewise. Darn! I was almost at warthog level... Oh, the grind, the grind....

So.. what were you doing to lose 40 Karma? :Smile_amazed:

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
455 posts
5,682 battles

Of things we didn't need put into this game, carma ranks high on that list.

Fixing stuff isn't that important.....carma was.

51 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

U meet some salty players. I had 34 points twice( went down to 20 points and up again). I'm down to 7 now. And I hardly flame in chat.

Players
1,992 posts
5,911 battles
4 hours ago, pra3y said:

I can actually confirm this :cap_book:

But we shouldn't let toooo many people know about our biggest supersecret, or else everyone will start being really nice to each other and I'd have to share my awesome secret loot with other people, who will also start getting awesome loot! :Smile-angry:

And what's a sea without any salt? It would just be one big freshwater lake and we all know that fresh gets old too quickly :cap_old:

[NED]
Players
4,022 posts
10,894 battles
1 hour ago, loppantorkel said:

Ranked battles...

• Funny 1

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

But we shouldn't let toooo many people know about our biggest supersecret, or else everyone will start being really nice to each other and I'd have to share my awesome secret loot with other people, who will also start getting awesome loot! :Smile-angry:

And what's a sea without any salt? It would just be one big freshwater lake and we all know that fresh gets old too quickly :cap_old:

People need to be motivated :Smile_trollface:

[BS4]
Players
668 posts
4,910 battles

When your an arsehole in life, karma will kick you in the balls for being an arsehole...

I find it strangely useful actually....

Don't say Im not here to help ....

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,111 battles

If your karma deviates too far from 0 you're not upsetting enough people with dev strikes

• Funny 1

[YEEET]
Players
1,161 posts
10,852 battles
5 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I understand now. Once I reached 200 Karma, I just thought that WG had changed the daily containers so that every third one was a SC. It suddenly becomes clear.

[HUN]
Players
69 posts
1,669 battles
9 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

If you carry a game in a CV killing 3/4 of the enemy team you get 12 reports and maybe even a chat ban. If you don't carry in a CV and your team lowers then it's your fault and you still get reported. 

All those who report for "misbehavior in chat" someone who didn't even post a single comment in chat, should have the negative karma and chat ban applied to themselves automatically.

If I only had a supercontainer for every time they reported me for "cheating" or "hacking" as I erased their air squads with a strafing run, because they didn't know about strafing.

Beta Tester
3,674 posts
12,847 battles
21 hours ago, LazyVegetable said:

I'm curious if this actually does anything

Not in this life... And as You can't go below zero, You're at least sefe from being reborn as a cockroach...