You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lt_AldoRaine_

Worcester or Des Moines?

3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
1 post
712 battles

So im currently grinding my way down the American cruiser line, ive gotten enough xp with the Omaha to unlock either the Dallas or Pensacola. I just dont know which line to go down and more importantly which of the tier tens i want more. Im at the Neptune on the RN cruisers so im not sure if i should get another light cruiser or go for a heavy cruiser. The Worcester fits my play better but i like the look of the DM. Im so torn, has anyone else had this and can they tell me what they chose and why?

Many thanks.

2 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
13,552 posts
10,362 battles

Depends on your preferred playstile.

With Worcester, the enemy has to come to you and that could result in waiting.

With DM you can go for the range upgrade and have more target options.

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
595 battles

From what I can say, t6 to t9 us CA(CA are heavy crusiers, CL is light cruisers) have slow reload in general, while CLs have high rate of fire all the way through. That said, both of them explode equally well, bar the Worcester. The main difference is that CLs requires more map knowledge and are more island campy, CAs can get away with roaming about more, and Baltimore to Des Moines can actually charge bbs that has less then 386mm sized guns cause of 27mm bow armor, while t8 to t10 CLs only has 25mm bow armor so cant do as well.

Another difference is that CLs live on IFHE in order to deal damage cause 152mm he without it won’t do balls at all, but with IFHE you can now pen 32mm plates, which covers most of the upper tier bbs, but CAs does not need it, in fact the said skill is useless for them. Usn CAs also have access to improved auto bounce +super heavy ap shells, which means they can hit harder in some cases.