Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caughtintherain

Bug Reporting

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
75 posts
2,514 battles

Hey all, where do I report a bug in the EU forum? A quick google shows me a bug report section on the NA forum but for the EU forum I could only find archived threads.

The bug in question is a map bug on Two Brothers, a piece of the main islands can be shot through on the north side of the western island. I have a replay available and I can give an accurate time for the evidence.

7 answers to this question

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,591 battles

Indeed it would seem that one of Nagatos 140mm secondaries fired directly through the mentioned outcropping and hit your Atlanta for 2700. I do not think this is working as intended, but that rock is not a new change to the best of my knowledge.

This being secondaries does complicate the issue, I would be curious to see whether you can fire primarys through this cropping or if only the secondaries are somehow working, but a test in a practise room or some such would be necessary. Even if secondaries do fire on targets they can't necessarily hit, these shells clearly go through the terrain and cause damage and I see no reason why you could logically draw line of sight from the Nagato to your Atlanta to justify the damage being possible.

secondariesbug.gif.39c08705363c35d4625426492decd67f.gif

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,591 battles

You can often see a bug of shells that travel through terrain and continue onwards, but these shells will also pass through their target as they have been stopped by the island but the client is not displaying that correctly.

Unless the shells actually hit and damaged the target, the bug would be related to the shells not disappearing when they hit terrain rather than being able to pass through the terrain unaffected.

Players
75 posts
2,514 battles
3 hours ago, Benser said:

You can often see a bug of shells that travel through terrain and continue onwards, but these shells will also pass through their target as they have been stopped by the island but the client is not displaying that correctly.

Unless the shells actually hit and damaged the target, the bug would be related to the shells not disappearing when they hit terrain rather than being able to pass through the terrain unaffected.

I just posted the bug report on the thread linked above. I've included a replay and screenshots if you want to check it out. I did take damage from the shell and it looked like it came through the island. From the angles I don't think the enemy ship had unimpeded LOS on me. I would appreciate your opinion here as I don't want to waste anyone's time if I'm wrong.

Players
75 posts
2,514 battles
50 minutes ago, Benser said:

Indeed it would seem that one of Nagatos 140mm secondaries fired directly through the mentioned outcropping and hit your Atlanta for 2700. I do not think this is working as intended, but that rock is not a new change to the best of my knowledge.

This being secondaries does complicate the issue, I would be curious to see whether you can fire primarys through this cropping or if only the secondaries are somehow working, but a test in a practise room or some such would be necessary. Even if secondaries do fire on targets they can't necessarily hit, these shells clearly go through the terrain and cause damage and I see no reason why you could logically draw line of sight from the Nagato to your Atlanta to justify the damage being possible.

Thank you for the feedback and the video there, it makes the replay a lot clearer. If you want to head in to a training room and test it out I'm available right now. We can put any extra information in the bug report.

[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,591 battles

I wont be available this evening, perhaps tomorrow, but if you do get the chance to test it further with anyone let us know.

Sign in to follow this