Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
veslingr

Ranked - some changes are needed badly

82 comments in this topic

[_MIA_]
Players
2,906 posts
5,350 battles

Need a maximum amount of battles you can play... that would solve A LOT of problems

• Cool 1

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Need a maximum amount of battles you can play... that would solve A LOT of problems

Yep

Players
2,871 posts
5,156 battles
10 minutes ago, veslingr said:

picture will tell 1000 words....3 times R1 player....

Thats exactly the kind of player WG wants & needs. Think of all the signals he bought. Maybe even converted $$$ into credits to pay repair-bills of T10 ships? You never know.

So.. good luck getting them to change anything?

• Cool 2

Quality Poster
2,948 posts
7,933 battles

According to the last QnA: WG is happy with the way Ranked is currently set up. Unfortunately...

• Funny 1

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Thats exactly the kind of player WG wants & needs. Think of all the signals he bought. Maybe even converted $$$ into credits to pay repair-bills of T10 ships? You never know.

So.. good luck getting them to change anything?

I know this guy. He is from my ex clan and country. He is in pension and has no money. He does not spend I dime in this game. He can not. But economy in this game is not a problem. T9 premiums cover all problems. He is now @20 k battles with 49 wr. 

I don't know how they can be happy when nobody is happy not even him. 1400 games in season before for R4.....it is 10 hours per day of plying

Everybody are frustrated and after this experience of zomby grind a lot of players are fed with game and need a brake. It is not fun it is not a challange for nobody. 

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles

I don't mind him playing Ranked tbh. Question is - in what way does it affect you?

• Cool 5

[EST]
[EST]
Players
691 posts
17,414 battles

My hat comes off to anyone who bares 1k ranked battles. Should give them special achievement for having no nerves at all.

• Cool 2

Players
2,871 posts
5,156 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

I know this guy. He is from my ex clan and country. He is in pension and has no money. He does not spend I dime in this game. He can not. But economy in this game is not a problem. T9 premiums cover all problems. He is now @20 k battles with 49 wr. 

Well, ok, he manages for free. But as you say: he has to compensate by playing even more.

2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

I don't know how they can be happy when nobody is happy not even him. 1400 games in season before for R4.....it is 10 hours per day of plying

He has more games in ranked then I have overall. No wonder he plays the entire day.

But your question: Who is happy here? I know i aint. And the pace has been picking up this year. CW - Ranked - some other event - log in every day - tons of new currencys - grind T10 till ya drop. You want to have it all? Well play couple of hours every day. More if you are a bad player.

I absolutly feel, that im forced to play. Which is the core of the this games businessmodel, im afraid. And it wouldnt be so bad, if the games were actually good, fun, interesting. Yet they are not. Yesterday I said "eff it, im not gonna do all this daily :etc_swear: anymore." Instead, I went to play EU4. I had to force myself to close the game and go to bed, I´d have no problem to play the entire night. That kind of experiance WG should aim at, tbh....

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
676 posts
12,292 battles

Yep - cap number of battles to, say - you get base of 230 attempts + number of stars you had in last season in total when it ended (to have some bonus from previous efforts) that would give something like 320 battles to rank out for those that held r1 last season all start from rank 23 and you get where you get within that amount of battles, also since rank is meant to above else be individual it might be good to consider some changes in prize system, say - the top player by base xp (be he was in either winning or losing team) gets 2 stars next 4 players by base xp get 1 star and following 4  dont lose a star and rest lose a star

[CHN-P]
Players
34 posts
9,021 battles

i would say without these guys act as star supplier, very little player can reach R1 before the season end by no player.

Check sea wolves when you got R1

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles
2 minutes ago, Air_Cheese said:

i would say without these guys act as star supplier, very little player can reach R1 before the season end by no player.

"The biggest potato embiggens even the smallest player."

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
32 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I don't mind him playing Ranked tbh. Question is - in what way does it affect you?

why this affects me?....when he is my team it affects me cause in my opinion ranked should be "skill" mode and guys with 1000 k games peer season are not making Ranked "skill" mode but braindead grind mode

[OM]
Players
585 posts
10,656 battles

So you are envious or you just missed the fact he is filling up your battles so you can win more? :cap_yes:
He will not be the worst person on your team. He will not be very usefull, but he wont troll or commit suicide most of the time either. And thats ok with me. 

And we need a saving star mechanic. Either give twice the stars for being top2 on the winning team, or this. Otherwise people will go and insult each other badly. Very badly.

• Cool 3

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
7 minutes ago, TheLegendBegins said:

So you are envious or you just missed the fact he is filling up your battles so you can win more? :cap_yes:

yelosus of what?

also there is 50-50 chance he will be on my side so i will definitly not win more, and there would not be a problem if there a few of this kind of players, but Ranked is packed with free expers, 10 captain skills ships, and subskilled players.

we have:

pve

scenarios

randoms

arms race

ranked

and none of this modes have any requirement regarding "skill"

no idea why.

if we look at some other online game, lets says WOW, only 5-15% players will experience endgame play (pve or pvp) due to not having enought "skill" aka gear and will to learn dungeons. or pure skill in direct fight and still they have millions of subscribers that ACCEPT thatthey will not play endgame and skilled modes if they dont git gud

why WG is scarred to say to some players - no, you can not play this mode untill you meet xy benchmark other than t10 ship, but we have 5 others modes that are fun and you can play them untill you meet xy benchmark

[OM]
Players
585 posts
10,656 battles
8 minutes ago, veslingr said:

if we look at some other online game, lets says WOW, only 5-15% players will experience endgame play (pve or pvp) due to not having enought "skill" aka gear and will to learn dungeons. or pure skill in direct fight and still they have millions of subscribers that ACCEPT thatthey will not play endgame and skilled modes if they dont git gud

why WG is scarred to say to some players - no, you can not play this mode untill you meet xy benchmark other than t10 ship, but we have 5 others modes that are fun and you can play them untill you meet xy benchmark

If those people stop you from ranking out or winning, you are the problem and you didnot quite grasp the concept of how to play. 

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles

He's a pretty average player, in all. People would be even saltier if players like this were excluded from Ranked. The biggest issue isn't the low quality of players but that people can't accept that their own ability is lower than they'd like.

Have you even tried Ranked?

[JRM]
Players
676 posts
12,292 battles

Its not the skill its motivation, players like that when they press battle button come in the fight not to try to get a win but rather "not to lose a star" and with their "hold back and farm damage" attitude they fu** up any chance for all those that want to play to win...

You come across some of those players all the time and in all modes in rank however they have the greatest impact on you since its 7 vs 7 and its immensly difficult to compensate for lack of support in the key moments whitch they simply dont give since their goal is - risk as little incoming damage as possible, survive as long as possible and farm as much damage ad possible, if your team happens to pull a win great, if not you still often get to keep a star, it doesnt matter to them that you might have killed that wooster if they pitched in or took the cap if they came closer to radar and won since it would make them take a risk and do more work if you dinr want to compete dont play competitive game modes ffs

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
2 minutes ago, TheLegendBegins said:

If those people stop you from ranking out or winning, you are the problem and you didnot quite grasp the concept of how to play. 

yes ,they stop 95% of players who can not compensate 3 abmisaly bad players in 7 man team, as i told there are not more than 5% unqums which can compensate for them. 

so most players, eaven if not bad, bud aboveaverage are drag down to looong grind

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
4 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

He's a pretty average player, in all. People would be even saltier if players like this were excluded from Ranked. The biggest issue isn't the low quality of players but that people can't accept that their own ability is lower than they'd like.

Have you even tried Ranked?

yes and i ranked 1 but still it was not fun, it was not skill dependent, it was MM dependent will i ranked in 200 or 300 games

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

yes and i ranked 1

You don't realise that players worse than yourself made you able to progress to rank 1?

Quality Poster
2,948 posts
7,933 battles
22 minutes ago, veslingr said:

why this affects me?....when he is my team it affects me cause in my opinion ranked should be "skill" mode and guys with 1000 k games peer season are not making Ranked "skill" mode but braindead grind mode

I think the problem is, that you still think Ranked is some sort of "skill" game mode. It's not. It's just randoms with different MM and smaller teams. Thus the impact of one player is larger than in a 12 v 12, but that has nothing to do with skill.

The only skilled game mode we have is CBs.

• Cool 2

[_MIA_]
Players
2,906 posts
5,350 battles
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

We shouldnt focus too much on that guy, here is another example:

The last day i played ranked, i somehow got stuck with ppl who already had couple of hundreds games ranked behind them. They were so frustrated already, that they just went yolo, insulting everyone in their path. Which ofc makes them lose more, AND the teammates around you.

Id be perfectly fine that those idiots are forced to stop playing ranked at x amount of games. Imo the best way would be:

you have x amount of games to begin with. Every rank you advance, you will get y amount more. So if you are really bad, you will be left behind earlier.

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles

lets check one uniqum player (60 wr%)...we would say he is far aboweaverage player for wows.

now lets see his Ranked stats thru past seasons......so our 60% wr guy can not influance game and needs to grind casue he can ot compensate for team members...and we talk about uniqum player

1.PNG

2.PNG

Sign in to follow this