You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
poperzen_peter

Royal Navy Event - Absolutely frustrating/unfair

71 comments in this topic

[-ES-]
Players
2 posts
2,793 battles

Hey WOW guys,

i'm playing this game a couple of years right now. Most of the time as a premium member.

But to see, that i've opened around 40 Royal Navy Event Containers already and had absolutely no English Destroyer Mission indide, makes me feel very bad. A lot of guys (no premium) I'm playing with are just opened 15 Containers and have 2 Missions already. So in few words: the random generator sucks!

I'm now at the point stop spending money into a game that handles the members that unfair :-(

Good luck in future and see you as a free member.

No money - no expectations ;-)

• Cool 5
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 1

Quality Poster
2,947 posts
7,933 battles

So ... you think because you're a premium time member you should be guaranteed to get the drops? Interesting... I'm a premium timer and got 4 DDs, other premium timers got none. So it's completely RANDOM!

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[1DSF]
[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,251 posts
3,752 battles
16 minutes ago, poperzen_peter said:

Hey WOW guys,

i'm playing this game a couple of years right now. Most of the time as a premium member.

But to see, that i've opened around 40 Royal Navy Event Containers already and had absolutely no English Destroyer Mission indide, makes me feel very bad. A lot of guys (no premium) I'm playing with are just opened 15 Containers and have 2 Missions already. So in few words: the random generator sucks!

I'm now at the point stop spending money into a game that handles the members that unfair :-(

Good luck in future and see you as a free member.

No money - no expectations ;-)

You know what random is?

You can open thousands of containers and don't get a single mission or open just 4 containers and get all of them, all is random/luck!

If they would adjust the chance of containers because someone opens a lot of them or pay money it won't be random anymore!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
690 posts
17,408 battles

I buy lotto every week, but jackpots usually go to ppl who buy tickets at random or 1st time. Unfair i say!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BAD-A]
Players
44 posts
7,691 battles
50 minutes ago, poperzen_peter said:

But to see, that i've opened around 40 Royal Navy Event Containers already and had absolutely no English Destroyer Mission

There are no English destroyer missions, Plenty of British ones though.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,886 posts
5,347 battles

Not really agreeing with the premium stuff, but imo he kinda has a point.

Imo its questionable to lock rewards behind specific missions which are obtainable through luck/buying stuff. (mostly luck)

Even worse are the missions locked at T7+, which even locked out Gallant. Only way able to get them was to be lucky, or buy the cossack. Which is imo even more questionable, since you couldnt cash in on the Guineas - which are solely there to get a cheaper Cossack :cap_fainting:

Just a bad design :cap_old:

• Cool 10

Quality Poster
2,947 posts
7,933 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Imo its questionable to lock rewards behind specific missions which are obtainable through luck/buying stuff. (mostly luck)

That's definitely true. But assuming/alledging that premium time should have anything to do with the drop chance is bananas.

Players
1,470 posts
5,740 battles
7 hours ago, Arakus said:

edited

Fixed that for you....

• Bad 1

[_MIA_]
Players
2,886 posts
5,347 battles
5 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

That's definitely true. But assuming/alledging that premium time should have anything to do with the drop chance is bananas.

Ye ofc. I mean, why not simply buy the Cossack if you are spending money on WoWs anyway? Enables you to get all missions done, and you have something which other ppl DONT get in a couple of weeks.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,587 posts
6,660 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

So ... you think because you're a premium time member you should be guaranteed to get the drops? Interesting... I'm a premium timer and got 4 DDs, other premium timers got none. So it's completely RANDOM!

Which 4 DDs?  I thought you could drop tiers V, VI and VII.

Quality Poster
2,947 posts
7,933 battles
4 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Which 4 DDs?  I thought you could drop tiers V, VI and VII.

And the T8, Lightning.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
189 posts
4,628 battles

The RNG does suck, yes, it's how RNG works, some people will get lucky and some won't. That said honestly WG should have had a way to get the Tier V guaranteed as part of a longer mission or at a certain part of the event, maybe with one of the currencies awarded? it'd be a good way to get people playing them without spending for Warspite or saving for Cossack.

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,587 posts
6,660 battles
15 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

And the T8, Lightning.

Of course!

Silly me.

Lightning is actually a good solid ship.  I just have her eclipsed in my mind by Cossack.

[DONGS]
Players
385 posts
8,178 battles

I opened shed loads of them, freebies not paid for, only in the last few containers have I got the missions,  I now have 5,6 and 7, just keep going and maybe you'll get one :Smile_honoring:

[TENGO]
Players
1,457 posts
8,205 battles
4 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

So OP wants this game to be Pay to Win?

Well we can't all be as devious to want Pay to Lose :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[PINUT]
Players
498 posts
7,743 battles

Easy fix, just go into settings and change the rng used by the game from random number to royal navy, which sadly is only available if your home address has a UK zip code. :cap_tea:

• Funny 3

Players
87 posts
5,443 battles
1 hour ago, Karnsteinchen said:

Easy fix, just go into settings and change the rng used by the game from random number to royal navy, which sadly is only available if your home address has a UK zip code. :cap_tea:

I think you mean Post Code old chap. :cap_tea:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
675 posts
12,272 battles

Got 3 missions so far, only bougt 1 container to fill up sovereins for gallant (since i didnt want to wait for the next round of directives) and nothing special dropped from that one, got all 3 missions from crates given as awards in campaingn itself do its rng m8 fudge it

Players
370 posts
4,209 battles
3 hours ago, Profilus said:

I buy lotto every week, but jackpots usually go to ppl who buy tickets at random or 1st time. Unfair i say!

RNG-containers are not yet legally considered gambling in the EU, other than in Belgium. But they probably should be, at least if they keep continuing on the path WG and many other game companies have been taking and now solidified with the Premium RN containers. Either way, getting one of the DD missions should be more akin to getting 4 corners or the diagonals in BINGO, not like winning the jackpot.

In my opinion, the issue with the RN Premium containers (and others of late in general) is, that their guaranteed contents is not worth the asking price! The guaranteed contents might be worth 1-1.5 €, but definitely NOT the 2.7 € price tag. The inflated price is only justified by the lottery part and I for one completely understand peoples' frustration when they buy tens of those and not get a single "win". This is completely unjustified, esp. when you consider that WG are not licensed to sell lottery tickets (correct me if I'm wrong). In their current form, I fully agree with Notser and others who have pleaded, that there should be mechanisms in place to protect users from themselves (in the form of guaranteed mission drop after certain number of boxes opened or smth else).

For me, the RN Premium containers would be absolutely fine, if the lottery ticket came as a no- or virtually-no-cost extra and I'd be fine buying 100 of them and not getting lucky with a mission (of course not happy, but fine). But with a hidden cost of approx. 1.5 € per ticket, is not acceptable!

• Cool 3

Players
2,672 posts
12,096 battles
1 hour ago, mrk421 said:

In their current form, I fully agree with Notser and others who have pleaded, that there should be mechanisms in place to protect users from themselves (in the form of guaranteed mission drop after certain number of boxes opened or smth else).

There is an argument to be made that someone who invests a lot of money in Wargaming by buying these lottery-related type of containers SHOULD get some sort of guaranteed reward - not based on "moral" consideration but purely business ones (e.g. the payout from a one-armed-bandit machine to encourage the punter to keep playing.)

I have the Acasta, Icarus, and Jervis in port. I'm 25% of the way to getting Lightning. (Also have Gallant & Cossack as it happens) I've been "lucky", but at a price of buying lots of containers.  

I probably got carried away. Should I have been saved from myself? Don't know. I am very happy with the result - but then I got what i wanted even at a large cost.

I was apprehensive about the Royal Navy DD line (after failing to like the Cruiser and Battleship lines). However the RN Destroyers have been a pleasant surprise. Very, very pleasant.  :Smile_Default: Of course I am a potato in them but it doesn't matter. They are fun and the first DD line that I would really like to invest time into learning how to play them better. (Other DD lines leave me rather cold TBH, even though I have two tier X)

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,769 battles

Why's everyone defending this RNG system that allows luckier players to make more gains for less effort? Lootboxes suck, they're designed to drain your wallet dry. At the very least there should be a loot table for those things to show us the exact odds. Then we can make more informed choices as to how to spend our time/money.

• Cool 9

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,762 battles
19 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

Why's everyone defending this RNG system that allows luckier players to make more gains for less effort? Lootboxes suck, they're designed to drain your wallet dry. At the very least there should be a loot table for those things to show us the exact odds. Then we can make more informed choices as to how to spend our time/money.

I agree with you completely, it is one thing if the value i the containers are good, the Santas boxes f.e. where the Premium ships are what you want there the boxes at least contain relatively more.

At least you should know what the chances are, and i can accept lower chances for say a T8 mission. i have not really understand if they are also coming in Tier sequence or not For me both the French (where I did not buy any, but got more standard boxes by buying Aigle I got T5-7 in that sequence, now I got T5-8 in sequence (nothing in 22 standard) on 4x5 premium T5 and 6, and then T7-8 in 1x20 premiums.

As it was the T7 or T8 that really was desirable it would be good.

Now they starting with the hockey event with the same annoying Loot boxes, with some ships as prices, should be at least calculable.

It would have been nice f.e. that if you buy the 40- box set that you are guaranteed all 4 RN missions, and 20 gives 2 and at least 1 on T7 and above. That would in my opinion be reasonable, it is silver ships nothing else, The US arcs was at least premiums to some extent, in those boxes. 

It seems that the drop rate have been far lower than the French at least if one is to believe the forum if I recall the French event correctly.

Players
1,648 posts
11,443 battles
40 minutes ago, MoveZig said:

So I can assume that you (just like me) didn't buy any premium containers because of this?

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,769 battles
10 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

So I can assume that you (just like me) didn't buy any premium containers because of this?

Correct, I don't have money to burn and I'm not buying anything blindly anyway. I have to know what I'm getting. I've bought premium ships, plenty of information there to make an informed purchase. There's also something quite disgusting about not getting the random reward you grinded for with your limited time (possibly spending more time on the game than you would have otherwise), then spending actual money and still not having any guarantee that you'll get what you want. Something is deeply wrong with that system.

• Cool 3