You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_interceptor_80

Horrible map rotation in high tiers

36 comments in this topic

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

What do you mean by horrible map rotation? There is nothing wrong wi th the rotation, we just need more maps for more variety. That's the problem.

There are so many premium ships coming, I'd love if WG could stop developing premiums for a month or two, and focus on new map creation.

• Cool 5

[UP]
Players
380 posts
12,802 battles

Its really horrible rotation like 4 battles and I get 3 of same map (Tears of the Desert) and some other things like endless Heaven map etc.

[-MM]
Players
424 posts
8,141 battles

Let's face it, the map rotation is so horrible, because most high tier maps are so horrible.

Also E-peen-center needs to get removed from the game.

• Cool 3

[DSW]
Players
3,708 posts
7,537 battles
2 hours ago, _interceptor_80 said:

Its really horrible rotation like 4 battles and I get 3 of same map (Tears of the Desert) and some other things like endless Heaven map etc.

it's called random. deal with it.

• Cool 1

[HMSR]
Beta Tester
1,726 posts
5,871 battles

Make all maps T VIII+ be ocean, problem fixed :Smile_trollface:

On a more serious note, i do agree that despite "random rng" a new map or two would do great, and if the possibility of making the same map be impossible to get 3+ times in a row would be implemented, that would be great. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 4

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles

Play other tiers and get different maps … and epic-center is kinda rare these days so it's almost like I miss it sometimes … I also almost ran the London Marathon … almost

Players
578 posts
7 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

it's called random. deal with it.

Yeah, but it's a random choice based on the roll of a 6 sided die.

It would be so much better if the map rotation were based on the roll of a 20 sided die. Or a pair of percentile dice.

• Cool 3

[OP]
Beta Tester
208 posts
2,473 battles
13 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

What do you mean by horrible map rotation? There is nothing wrong wi th the rotation, we just need more maps for more variety. That's the problem.

There are so many premium ships coming, I'd love if WG could stop developing premiums for a month or two, and focus on new map creation.

This^^^
There are like 18 tier 10 maps, of which Ocean is a rare one, so 17. A Random Battle consists of 24 people, so some people are going to have the same map with such small variety.

Though I do think they have a different team for the maps and ships. Currently they are adding a map so now and than to see how it works out.

[UNICS]
Players
291 posts

I get North / Northern Lights in about 80% of the games. Yesterday i got 5/5 in N. Lights in same spawn side. Damn it was a boring night :fish_sleep:

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,896 battles
On 10/5/2018 at 7:48 PM, _interceptor_80 said:

When this will be fixed?

They have to make Moar Maps lad. The reason there is so little variation is that they do not have too many maps available for tier 10 (because of increased ship speed and gun range, maps need to be bigger that at lower tiers and they just haven't made enough of them). It'll happen... One day... I hope. Perhaps... :cap_hmm:

So yeah, totally agree here. :cap_like:

Players
820 posts
8,080 battles
On 10/5/2018 at 11:08 PM, Major_Damage225 said:

if the possibility of making the same map be impossible to get 3+ times in a row would be implemented, that would be great. :Smile_Default:

I think that would be a good idea also.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:23 AM, gm3ntor said:

I get North / Northern Lights in about 80% of the games. Yesterday i got 5/5 in N. Lights in same spawn side. Damn it was a boring night :fish_sleep:

6 times in a row was the maximum for me... Haven. I turned the game off and did something else after that..

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,896 battles

Yeeah @Migantium_Mashum, repetition is makes things boring and is quite bad BUT just keep in mind it could always be worse. I once got the "Ocean" map 3 times in a row, while in Mogami in a tier 10 match with 5 BB&DD's per team. Unsurprisingly, things did not go well.... :cap_wander_2::Smile_facepalm::etc_swear::Smile-angry:

All of the sudden, "Empire Total War" began to look like a brilliant alternative for the day so I switched and all was well... :Smile_great::cap_like:

• Funny 1

Players
820 posts
8,080 battles

@RAHJAILARI do you know I actually don't mind Ocean. As a DD player it is perhaps a map I enjoy playing and usually really do well on.

Command and Conquer Generals/Zero hour for... Kick some Chinese butts...lolz

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,896 battles
16 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

@RAHJAILARI do you know I actually don't mind Ocean. As a DD player it is perhaps a map I enjoy playing and usually really do well on.

Command and Conquer Generals/Zero hour for... Kick some Chinese butts...lolz

Yeah, "Ocean" is basically OK, but in small increments only and mostly, if you are NOT playing Cruiser OR if the teams are balanced and not particularly BB & DD heavy. i do not mind it, if in a DD either, but if you are in a Cruiser you tend to get quickly and violently raped, that's all :Smile_Default:

Used to have Command and Conquer too, long ago, but I've transferred to Total War Series now... Have nearly all from the Historical games and waiting to see the next episode: "3 Kingdoms, Total War" with quite some enthusiasm, in fact. I have played the KOEI's "Romance of 3 Kingdoms" for nearly 25 years from version 1 up to 13 and had always hoped that there would be a Total War version available.:Smile_coin:

Meanwhile just watching the Drama series just to wet the appetite (and it's working dammit). Link to first episode below, if anyone's interested::cap_like:

Yeeah, I admit it. I am a sucker for history... :Smile_hiding:

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,896 battles
4 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Bring back the old, old, ooooooold island's of ice! :Smile_hiding:

The very first one with many small islands (and a couple of big ones) on both sides and none in the middle? I liked that too.:Smile_Default: Dunnoh why they removed it. :Smile_sad:

• Cool 4

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,636 posts
6,853 battles
On 10/5/2018 at 8:00 PM, _interceptor_80 said:

Yeah, Haven all the time for me at the moment.And I'm fed up with it.

[AS13]
Players
1,477 posts
1,724 battles
3 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

The very first one with many small islands (and a couple of big ones) on both sides and none in the middle? I liked that too.:Smile_Default: Dunnoh why they removed it. :Smile_sad:

I have never seen that one, but sure sounds different from having 3/4 caps somewhere in the middle between a bunch of islands. Usually the game makes me think of this: 

Spoiler

dancers.gif 

latest?cb=20120528102421 

funny-gifs-skeletons-dancing-halloween+%

Shane-Watts_circle-rut_SIDEBURN_zps6ciu0

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,896 battles

Yeah @BLUB__BLUB, it was a looong time ago and gameplay on that map was quite fun. I played mostly DD's at the time tho but usually the DD's and cruisers went on the map edges, playing pika-boo in-between the islands on both sides and trying to flank, while BB's dueled at the middle where it was more open with a couple of DD's from both sides patrolling the middle and trying to torp them and each other. Plenty of ambush opportunities on and whichever side managed to control one or both the flanks usually won.:Smile_Default:

In domination mode D was behind 2 large islands, but completely open from both sides, C was in the islands but quite open B had a central island and A was inside the small bunch of islands on the other side. There was a quite large archipelago between D and around C cap next to those 2 big islands separating D from C, where you could skulk around hunting each other, expecting a torp salvo from behind every island.:fish_boom:

Ahhh, those fun days... :cap_rambo: Oh yeah, why babble? I have a picture! :cap_haloween:

image.png.d22bc9ca5b8085335327e804eb0067a6.png

Of course, as you can see. D was acting as the "Noob trap" cap back them days. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
1,477 posts
1,724 battles

Seems a lot more interesting to me. I'd rather have something like this (made it bigger, and ff-ed around with it).

Ice_design.thumb.png.04c25535fcbee7fabcc3e25fba3ee8ee.png

• Cool 5

Players
820 posts
8,080 battles
26 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ahhh, those fun days... :cap_rambo: Oh yeah, why babble? I have a picture! :cap_haloween:

image.png.d22bc9ca5b8085335327e804eb0067a6.png

Of course, as you can see. D was acting as the "Noob trap" cap back them days. :Smile_teethhappy:

That looks like an amazing map....

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,896 battles
5 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

That looks like an amazing map....

I liked it anyhow, but it used to be more open in the middle at first. No islands at B cap, they were added later. Lots of fast close range action and not much point in camping because you just could not see targets from behind all the islands.:Smile_Default:

A very good map for Cruisers and DD's... Less appealing for the BB, I guess. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Players
820 posts
8,080 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

A very good map for Cruisers and the DD's... Less appealing the BB's. :cap_old:

You mean it might stop them camping? Or even, God forbid, making them more active in defending gains and allies...

• Cool 2

[AS13]
Players
1,477 posts
1,724 battles
51 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

You mean it might stop them camping? Or even, God forbid, making them more active in defending gains and allies...

I think that would be sweeeeeeeeettt and I'm a BB main. However I hate camping, its a battleship, not a pillbox. 

I'd also welcome submarines. Let me have  go at the maps and you'll see no more camping Bbs for sure. 

I'd change more stuff too. You'd not get bases, but have something like 'submarine pen' or 'harbour'. 

And you'd not get caps but islands with factories and such. 

• Cool 1