Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mikolot_N00B

Błyskawica

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
620 posts
5,671 battles

What's your DD experience up to now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,953 battles

+alpha, speed, turning circle, shell speed, gun range

-dpm, stealth, rudder shift, AA

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles
6 minutes ago, Mikolot_N00B said:

Is blyskawica DD good? What's + and - of this ship

Great ship! They made even threads about her where her pros and cons were discussed in depth!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BSW-W]
Players
10 posts
1,063 battles

 

3 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

What's your DD experience up to now?

I have VII German DD Mass and french Aigle VI

 

3 hours ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

It's poo. Buy the Asashio or Harekaze when they come back on sale. 

Why its poo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
203 posts
11 minutes ago, Mikolot_N00B said:

Why its poo?

 

It is completely pointless as a captain trainer, it has the turning capabilities of a German house and will only shine when top tier. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
676 posts
12,292 battles

Blyska is still ok, that said powercreep wasnt kind to her and stealth fire removal neither...

TBH if you contemplate a t7 dd prem and you are not ready to shell out t8 cash take leningrad as its both more usefeoul as a trainer (both for your captaibs and yourself) and easyer to go along with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,267 posts
6,860 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Blyska is still ok, that said powercreep wasnt kind to her and stealth fire removal neither...

TBH if you contemplate a t7 dd prem and you are not ready to shell out t8 cash take leningrad as its both more usefeoul as a trainer (both for your captaibs and yourself) and easyer to go along with

Leningrab requires somewhat dedicated captain with EM, skill you can live without in most RU DDs. Also workable torps suggest CE, skill you ditch on Khaba and other all out gunboats. For prem DD I'd suggest Sims, great skill synergy with regular USN DDs and she's a blast to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,872 posts
18 minutes ago, Mikolot_N00B said:

I have VII German DD Mass and french Aigle VI

It plays similar to mass without hydro, but with much better guns and slightly better maneuverability.

 

 

8 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

It is completely pointless as a captain trainer

This is completely irrelevant to how it plays. And even less relevant if you have many elite captains.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,853 battles
33 minutes ago, Mikolot_N00B said:

Is blyskawica DD good? What's + and - of this ship

Not anymore. You are better off buying the Leningrad. And if you grab the upcoming special captain Ovechkin you will be able to counter the largest weakness of the Leningrad, the turret rotation.

As to the Blyskawica:

The ship has a decent Alpha strike, since it can fire 7 guns at once, the low Rate of Fire limits the effect (Akatsuki can come very close to it with 6 very hard hitting guns).

It's quite fast, but has bad maneuverability.

The torpedoes are bad, you only have 2x3 with 8km range. Other ships are better.

You have no usable AA.

The HP pool is above average, but the ship is fat and eats pens.

It has no associated silver line, so it's useless as captain trainer and has to train a dedicated captain in a very bad MM for non-10p captain.

 

It's an ok ship if you have a high skill captain on her. It is however a weak ship in the current meta compared to others at tier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,567 battles

I think it's suffered a bit from powercreep recently and it really does nothing special, however, it will be moving to the pan-european tree when that gets released if I remember correctly so as a captain trainer it shouldn't remain useless forever.

 

Only 6 torps with poor arcs and slow speed, but she can stealth fire them (7km detectability and 8km range) but realistically needs CE.

She has 7 decent guns, but they turn and fire slowly. They can, with AFT, reach out to 14.4km.

She's got reasonable 17,950 hp with SE.

 

She's pretty solid overall but doesn't have anything special, no tricks like hydro or unique consumables. She also relies heavily on commander skills to perform best, which is a shame because her commander serves no other purpose atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
676 posts
12,292 battles
7 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Leningrab requires somewhat dedicated captain with EM, skill you can live without in most RU DDs. Also workable torps suggest CE, skill you ditch on Khaba and other all out gunboats. For prem DD I'd suggest Sims, great skill synergy with regular USN DDs and she's a blast to play.

hmm? as far as i see the ru main dd line first dd that doesnt need it is on t9? And yes you can play lenny as more "classic" torp oriented dd or more gunboat oriented setup, also yes sims can be ok from synergy but for individual performance lenny is much better damage dealer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,267 posts
6,860 battles
9 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

hmm? as far as i see the ru main dd line first dd that doesnt need it is on t9? And yes you can play lenny as more "classic" torp oriented dd or more gunboat oriented setup

18s/180deg is enough traverse to keep guns on target, especially in RU DDs which have abysmal turn radius. If anything, UK DDs need EM to keep turrets up with their agility, at least until Lightning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
44 minutes ago, The_Wallet_Warrior said:

It's poo. Buy the Asashio or Harekaze when they come back on sale. 

I'd not count on Harekaze ever being sold again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
676 posts
12,292 battles
6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

18s/180deg is enough traverse to keep guns on target, especially in RU DDs which have abysmal turn radius. If anything, UK DDs need EM to keep turrets up with their agility, at least until Lightning

Enough but not great and EM is a viable skill to take, also yes i agree about UK and I took EM for cossack/jervis (when i get him) cap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,267 posts
6,860 battles
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Enough but not great and EM is a viable skill to take, also yes i agree about UK and I took EM for cossack/jervis (when i get him) cap

My main requirement is ability to keep turrets on target during hard turns. Something which bugs me on Henry IV immensely, as even with Hodore and his upgraded EM she can't keep guns on target, making entire evasion build pointless at times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PONYS]
[PONYS]
Players
4,229 posts
6,382 battles

Still awesome.

But as mentioned, you have no really benefit for it as an cap trainer, such like a Sims e.g..

Also i would add that you need to be really experienced in DD gameplay.

 

Still a fun and viable ship. Played it yesterday still really good.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
101 posts
3,815 battles

The Blyska used to be glorious in the early days before BB whining removed the stealth firing window, it was designed with this game mechanic in mind hence the poor torpedoes, maneuverability etc.

 

It's still not bad but there are better options for your cash, personally I'd go Leningrad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles

She has better torpedos than Jervis and better torpedo DPM than Gadjah....

She has better HP, Alpha Strike and shell arcs than both of them, apart from being significantly faster in a straight line.

Yes, her concealment and rudder shift are worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Players
1,292 posts
10,303 battles
5 hours ago, Mikolot_N00B said:

Is blyskawica DD good? What's + and - of this ship

She should be the most powerful T7 DD, if WG would keep at least relative order, within the same tier. But this is Russian game, so obviously the Russian boat has to be the best.

Błyskawica was omitted by updates and punished by power creep. Has parameters lower than in real history (rudder shift, torpedoes, gun reload & accuracy, speed) and she's being kept at her 1937' state, while Soviet boats have artificial "compensating coefficients" (less guns, so let's divide reload by 2), 1945' torps, 1944' AA and lower concealment despite being much larger ships. 

 

Also now we hear about some hockey captain which will exactly address the main (the only?) weakness of Soviet medium-tier DD: turret traverse. All balanced, comrade.

Remember: Russian game, Russian boats best.:cap_horn:

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles
29 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

She should be the most powerful T7 DD, if WG would keep at least relative order, within the same tier. But this is Russian game, so obviously the Russian boat has to be the best.

Błyskawica was omitted by updates and punished by power creep. Has parameters lower than in real history (rudder shift, torpedoes, gun reload & accuracy, speed) and she's being kept at her 1937' state, while Soviet boats have artificial "compensating coefficients" (less guns, so let's divide reload by 2), 1945' torps, 1944' AA and lower concealment despite being much larger ships. 

 

Also now we hear about some hockey captain which will exactly address the main (the only?) weakness of Soviet medium-tier DD: turret traverse. All balanced, comrade.

Remember: Russian game, Russian boats best.:cap_horn:

Yepp, here the best RU boat on Tier VII (you might have to scroll a bit):

 

image.thumb.png.1194b73b26418d8057b398c8a0dcffd1.png

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,853 battles
21 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yepp, here the best RU boat on Tier VII (you might have to scroll a bit):

 

image.thumb.png.1194b73b26418d8057b398c8a0dcffd1.png

Isn't it nice that given enough data you can manipulate the outcome of every inquiry? You can tailor the answer to fit your desires.

You took the stats of ships from last week, a week in which the client was flooded with an imbalance of DDs because of the RN DD missions. Let's make a cold comparison of the 2 month statistics of both Leningrad and Blyskawica.

Source of the data, which you conveniently have not posted, is - http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20180929/eu_2month/average_ship.html

 

WR

Blyskawica - 47.50

Leningrad - 50.35

Advantage Leningrad.

 

Avg. Damage

Blyskawica - 24.148

Leningrad - 27.825

Advantage Leningrad.

 

Avg. XP

Blyskawica - 945

Leningrad - 1118

Advantage Leningrad

 

Avg. Ships Destroyed

Blyskawica - 0.60

Leningrad - 0.74

Advantage Leningrad

 

K/D Ratio

Blyskawica - 0.8

Leningrad - 1.07

Advantage Leningrad.

 

Survival Rate

Blyskawica - 24.62

Leningrad - 30.77

Advantage Leningrad

 

I could go on, but why bother? Leningrad compared with the Blyskawica, within the last 2 months, has had better stats in every important category. I understand that you wanted to showcase the fact that RU DDs aren't the best at T7.

But let's focus on the fact that the T7 Leningrad is superior at the moment to the Blyskawica. And that was the point @EdiJowas making, and nothing else.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles
5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I understand that you wanted to showcase the fact that RU DDs aren't the best at T7.

@EdiJo

Exactly! Nothing else.

And he claimed that RU boats are the best, not in a specific Blyska/Leningrad comparisson.

 

If you look at the DD of the last two months:

image.thumb.png.ec1c01f69bc797786add233edeac1bed.png

 

Still not the best.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,853 battles

I see you are dense on purpose. You haven't addressed any of my points. Any of the points EdiJo made vis á vis the discrepancy between the two ships. You just conveniently took a snippet of his post to build a flimsy argument around.

I applaud you, you are one of the least able WG shills on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×