Jump to content
spicata

Cossack detection range

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OSWEG]
Players
5 posts
4,792 battles

Hello!

 

I´ve just bought the premium DD Cossack and before my purchase i have looked in to some Youtube vids on the ship, and it looked alright. But when i went in my first game, i noticed that my detection range was as high as 6.1km.

And that is with the permanent camo and also captain camo skill on top.

In one of the videos i noticed that it had a detection range of 5.5km?

So before i send a ticket to support, what is the actual value for you commanders?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OSWEG]
Players
5 posts
4,792 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

Are you missing the upgrade?

Sorry, the upgrade? I must be tired or something

 

YES! I am tired, lol It was the upgrade ofc :-)

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,945 posts
5,437 battles

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ZEN]
Players
104 posts
16,244 battles

Interesting to hear. Now with the upgrade, is your detection indeed down to 5.5 km?

That's really quite stealthy for a tier 8 destroyer! (*) 

 

Is the special British permanent camouflage also available as separate purchase, once you have the (basic package) Cossack? 

(I don't mean the regular premium camo, but the one that comes separately, e.g. with the larger bundles) 

 

And what does that British camo look like on her? 

 

Thanks for letting me know! 

 

(*) Based on WoWs-wikipedia data, I've done a quick comparison. Cossack actually stars as the very best in this! 

Detection values (in brackets: with 10% reduction) of the other Tier 8 DD's, from low to high: 

 

Cossack 6.10 (5.49 -- strange, wiki says she has 6.97? Or should we take Concealment Expert Captain's skill into account for this, additionally?) 

Haida 6.49 (5.84) 

Asashio 6.84 (6.16) 

HSF Harekaze 6.84 (6.16) 

Kagero 6.84 (6.16) 

Lightning 7.02 (6.32) 

Benson 7.38 (6.64) 

Hsienyang 7.38 (6.64) 

Kidd 7.38 (6.64) 

Ognevoi 7.74 (6.97) 
Akizuki 7.76 (6.98) 
Z-23 -- 7.92 (7.13)
Kiev 9.00 (8.10)
Le Terrible 9.10 (8.19) (!!) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
994 posts
15,304 battles
1 hour ago, Midway67 said:

Cossack 6.10 (5.49 -- strange, wiki says she has 6.97? Or should we take Concealment Expert Captain's skill into account for this, additionally?) 

 

6.97km is without Captain CE and Camo.

 

1 hour ago, Midway67 said:

Haida 6.49 (5.84)

 

Haida is T7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OSWEG]
Players
5 posts
4,792 battles

I bought the basic ship, with the Type 10 permanent camo, it came included with the purchase and you also have an option to buy another camo ( Royal Navy- Cossack ) för 2000 doubloons. It´s almost identical and are  the same values as the one included.

Edit:

And i now have the 5.5km detection range.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,181 posts
5,496 battles
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:27 AM, Midway67 said:

Interesting to hear. Now with the upgrade, is your detection indeed down to 5.5 km?

That's really quite stealthy for a tier 8 destroyer! (*) 

 

Is the special British permanent camouflage also available as separate purchase, once you have the (basic package) Cossack? 

(I don't mean the regular premium camo, but the one that comes separately, e.g. with the larger bundles) 

 

And what does that British camo look like on her? 

 

Thanks for letting me know! 

 

(*) Based on WoWs-wikipedia data, I've done a quick comparison. Cossack actually stars as the very best in this! 

Detection values (in brackets: with 10% reduction) of the other Tier 8 DD's, from low to high: 

 

Cossack 6.10 (5.49 -- strange, wiki says she has 6.97? Or should we take Concealment Expert Captain's skill into account for this, additionally?) 

Haida 6.49 (5.84) 

Asashio 6.84 (6.16) 

HSF Harekaze 6.84 (6.16) 

Kagero 6.84 (6.16) 

Lightning 7.02 (6.32) 

Benson 7.38 (6.64) 

Hsienyang 7.38 (6.64) 

Kidd 7.38 (6.64) 

Ognevoi 7.74 (6.97) 
Akizuki 7.76 (6.98) 
Z-23 -- 7.92 (7.13)
Kiev 9.00 (8.10)
Le Terrible 9.10 (8.19) (!!) 

 

the Cossack is simpley the second best in concealment on its Tier.

only the Kagero and its "clones" (Hatsu, Asa) beat it with their 5,4km.

 

and because of that the Cossack is still very good even in T10 matches IMHO. i love this boat !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,945 posts
5,437 battles
13 minutes ago, stinkmorchel said:

the Cossack is simpley the second best in concealment on its Tier.

only the Kagero and its "clones" (Hatsu, Asa) beat it with their 5,4km.

 

and because of that the Cossack is still very good even in T10 matches IMHO. i love this boat !

Lightning also has 5.5 km concealment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7 posts
5,523 battles
On 10/10/2018 at 1:08 PM, fumtu said:

 

6.97km is without Captain CE and Camo.

 

 

Haida is T7.

And does not have access to the Concealment update.

 

The Detection range of Le Terrible is better than stated in the list (not impressive, but alright). I think they changed the values somewhat..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
994 posts
15,304 battles
1 hour ago, Lamaking said:

The Detection range of Le Terrible is better than stated in the list (not impressive, but alright). I think they changed the values somewhat..

 

This is pre-buff value. Released version has better concealment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×