You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PassTheSalt

Being shot by team for not 'obeying'

162 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles

3 times this week as a DD I've been shot by team 'mates'
1. as a Shiratsuyu for daring to go to A when the Atlanta proclaimed BC, shot at me twice, first one missed.
2. as Kagero for not moving in the first 20 seconds, I was looking at the map and the dispersion to decide where I'd be most effective, apparently it was to check I was not a bot.
3. as Harugumo, sole DD in Ranked R6, someone suggested I went C (the contested cap) I simply said 'No'

Each of these players did so knowing they wouldn't cross the damage threshold into a penalty, a single volley isn't enough.

so i rubbed paint with them until they crossed that threshold, I'd rather just play the game and not have the other greens at a disadvantage but the system is being gamed, and bullying is not acceptable.

Shoot me and I will rub you until you go the pink you deserve.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[L2TW]
Players
125 posts
10,610 battles

1. Were anyone else heading there or were you the only one going to A while everyone else went B/C? 

2. You can check the teams distribution on the map while loading .... these 20 seconds early game are sometimes the buffer for a DD to get into a safe spot in the cap before Radar is in range or not.

3. Thats lame from the other guy and from you especially in ranked where you both should have better things to do.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles
4 minutes ago, SriverFX said:

1. Where anyone else heading there or were you the only one going to A while everyone else went B/C? 

2. You can check the teams distribution on the map while loading .... these 20 seconds early game are sometimes the buffer for a DD to get into a safe spot in the cap before Radar is in range or not.

3. Thats lame from the other guy and from you especially in ranked where you both should have better things to do.

1)irrelevant, a Shira is a capable ship alone, and firing on a friendly is not ever the answer to a tactical disagreement
2) I can't see where people are going before the game starts, there were 5 dd's and choosing where to support wasn't clear 

3) i'd rather not do it but if it goes unpunished it will keep happening

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[L2TW]
Players
125 posts
10,610 battles
11 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

1)irrelevant, a Shira is a capable ship alone, and firing on a friendly is not ever the answer to a tactical disagreement
2) I can't see where people are going before the game starts, there were 5 dd's and choosing where to support wasn't clear 

Yes i agree with you that shooting at an allied ship is lame as crap.

But seriously no going completely alone to a cap with any ship is in 98% of the games completely useless and i doubt that it was one of the 2% where you soloed the enitre flank alone ...

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles

dd's are fine alone, they have full control of the space around them. but it's an aside, I wasn't even going alone.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
4 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

1. Very relevant, your main job as a dd is to support your team by scouting and capping. And you cant scout alone, nor can you cap alone in a shirakaze.

2. You have to make a prediction and act on it, if the prediction turns out wrong, you can always turn around. The first 20 seconds are absolutely vital for the destroyers, and your team loses a lot on you being slow in the start.

3. Dont know wabout the exact situation, but it might be the case that you threw the game by not going to the contested cap, depending on the situation.

It seems like dds isnt the class for you, if you dont want to be quick, and make the sacrifice to spot/cap rather than doing your own thing. You should try cruisers or bbs, as dds are the most vital class for the team, and unless they do a series of specific tasks very well, they can severely hamper their entire team.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[L2TW]
Players
125 posts
10,610 battles
3 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

dd's are fine alone, they have full control of the space around them. but it's an aside, I wasn't even going alone.

Aha because the enemy has no DDs right? And i am sure if they have some they are also completely alone and won't have any support with them to just gun you down ...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
1 minute ago, PassTheSalt said:

No they arent, unless you are only using your shira to torp at max range? In that case, you are playing it completely wrong, and should stay away from destroyers. dds main tasks, is to contest caps, and spot for their team, a shira has zero gunpower and thus cant contest caps effectively on its own, and if there are no teamates with you, how are you supposed to spot for them? Hell even a knife fighter like a murican desroyer is about 10x as effective in proximity to a friendly team than as a lone wolf.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles
Just now, thiextar said:

1. Very relevant, your main job as a dd is to support your team by scouting and capping. And you cant scout alone, nor can you cap alone in a shirakaze.

2. You have to make a prediction and act on it, if the prediction turns out wrong, you can always turn around. The first 20 seconds are absolutely vital for the destroyers, and your team loses a lot on you being slow in the start.

3. Dont know wabout the exact situation, but it might be the case that you threw the game by not going to the contested cap, depending on the situation.

It seems like dds isnt the class for you, if you dont want to be quick, and make the sacrifice to spot/cap rather than doing your own thing. You should try cruisers or bbs, as dds are the most vital class for the team, and unless they do a series of specific tasks very well, they can severely hamper their entire team.

1. it was a 4 DD game, i was sailing in front of 2 others to A
2. lol, sometimes it' best to go from the gun, sometimes it's best to look and weigh it up, shooting someone is not OK
3. you don't know, I do, so your judgement is laughable

4. DD's are my main, I play them OK, you're very quick to judge without info, maybe just shoot first ask questions later huh ;)

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[POI--]
Players
3,192 posts
4,334 battles

I don't understand why people shoot yolo DDs. Usually the enemy shoots them up fast enough...

But really, you need 20 seconds to find out where to go?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

No they arent, unless you are only using your shira to torp at max range? In that case, you are playing it completely wrong, and should stay away from destroyers. dds main tasks, is to contest caps, and spot for their team, a shira has zero gunpower and thus cant contest caps effectively on its own, and if there are no teamates with you, how are you supposed to spot for them? Hell even a knife fighter like a murican desroyer is about 10x as effective in proximity to a friendly team than as a lone wolf.

lmao you are just guessing at how I play

• Cool 2

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
3 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

1. it was a 4 DD game, i was sailing in front of 2 others to A
2. lol, sometimes it' best to go from the gun, sometimes it's best to look and weigh it up, shooting someone is not OK
3. you don't know, I do, so your judgement is laughable

4. DD's are my main, I play them OK, you're very quick to judge without info, maybe just shoot first ask questions later huh ;)

See, the thing is, if you consistently get shot at while playing dds, youre doing something wrong, and looking at your stats confirms that theory.

If you truly want it to stop, then look no further than to yourself. Post some replays here of when you get shot at by teammates, and a lot of people on this forum will tell you what you did wrong.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles
14 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I don't understand why people shoot yolo DDs. Usually the enemy shoots them up fast enough...

But really, you need 20 seconds to find out where to go?

depends on how fast the team sets off, most games i go from the gun, occasionally I'll wait and see.

being volleyed for being observant, not a fan of ;)

13 hours ago, thiextar said:

See, the thing is, if you consistently get shot at while playing dds, your doing something wrong, and looking at your stats confirms that theory.

If you truly want it to stop, then look no further than to yourself. Post some replays here of when you get shot at by teammates, and a lot of people on this forum will tell you what you did wrong.

oh here we go stat time! go fiddle with yourself, my stats are fine, certainly not something to justify being team shot

damn victim blamers :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
2 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

oh here we go stat time! go fiddle with yourself, my stats are fine, certainly not something to justify being team shot

damn victim blamers :)

Thats not what i meant, what i meant was, that if you have consistently below-averege stats, that means that you have to be making a ton of mistakes while playing, this is what in turns leads to you getting shot at,. it doesnt justify it, but it is the cause.

Trying to see your own mistakes is the first step at getting better at the game, and if you cant see your own mistakes, you should upload some replays here for your own sake, trust me, having an outside input on your performance helps a ton in trying to improve at the game.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles

Thats not what i meant, what i meant was, that if you have consistently below-averege stats, that means that you have to be making a ton of mistakes while playing, this is what in turns leads to you getting shot at.

Trying to see your own mistakes is the first step at getting better at the game, and if you cant see your own mistakes, you should upload some replays here for your own sake, trust me, having an outside input on your performance helps a ton in trying to improve at the game.

trust you? why should i trust someone who looks straight past the issue of team damage and into stats, uterly misreads thm and then posts drivel?

condescending barsteward is suggesting i got shot by asshats because i'm below 53% w/r :)

• Cool 3

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
1 minute ago, PassTheSalt said:

I don't.

Thats just impossible tho, if you always make the perfect decisions, then why are you not a unicum?

Not seeing your own mistakes is just detrimental to your performance, i have higher stats than you, and i make tons of mistakes, seriously, i could look back at any single battle ive played and find about 10 massive misplays i did.

We all make mistakes, but if we choose to ignore them, we get nothing out of them.

• Boring 1

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

Thats just impossible tho, if you always make the perfect decisions, then why are you not a unicum?

Not seeing your own mistakes is just detrimental to your performance, i have higher stats than you, and i make tons of mistakes, seriously, i could look back at any single battle ive played and find about 10 massive misplays i did.

We all make mistakes, but if we choose to ignore them, we get nothing out of them.

I'm not claiming to be perfect, please re-read the thread, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING PERFECT

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,192 posts
4,334 battles
8 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

depends on how fast the team sets off, most games i go from the gun, occasionally I'll wait and see.

being volleyed for being observant, not a fan of ;)

You have 7+k games. You should actually know by now what a game plan is. I take at most 5 seconds at the start of the match while powering up the engines to see where the others go to make adjustments to where I go, but usually it is set. After all, I know where I spawned, what game mode it is, where others spawned, what enemies to expect. That's all the info I need and after 20 seconds I'd be none the wiser. Please stop dilly-dallying around, as a DD you got a job to do. What if a CV would need 20 extra seconds to decide what plane to launch. Naturally people get pissed.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
Just now, PassTheSalt said:

I'm not claiming to be perfect, please re-read the thread, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING PERFECT

I play a lot of destroyers, ive never once gotten shot at by a team-mate, and if it was common, then the forum would be drenching in people who got shot at by teammates.

The fact is, that destroyers play a vital role for their team, so players will always notice a destroyer doing something stupid much easier than any other class, because the destroyers are so important to the team, i know myself how extremely annoying it is to get a couple of bad dds on your team.

Now if you were making a mistake in your destroyer, which is highly likely that you did, im not suprised that some asshat would take a shot at you. Its not justified, but it happens for a reason.

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles
13 hours ago, Riselotte said:

You have 7+k games. You should actually know by now what a game plan is. I take at most 5 seconds at the start of the match while powering up the engines to see where the others go to make adjustments to where I go, but usually it is set. After all, I know where I spawned, what game mode it is, where others spawned, what enemies to expect. That's all the info I need and after 20 seconds I'd be none the wiser. Please stop dilly-dallying around, as a DD you got a job to do. What if a CV would need 20 extra seconds to decide what plane to launch. Naturally people get pissed.

well done you miss perfect.

utterly irrelevant though.

shooting team is not ok.

I play a lot of destroyers, ive never once gotten shot at by a team-mate, and if it was common, then the forum would be drenching in people who got shot at by teammates.

The fact is, that destroyers play a vital role for their team, so players will always notice a destroyer doing something stupid much easier than any other class, because the destroyers are so important to the team, i know myself how extremely annoying it is to get a couple of bad dds on your team.

Now if you were making a mistake in your destroyer, which is highly likely that you did, im not suprised that some asshat would take a shot at you. Its not justified, but it happens for a reason.

you've played 500 destroyer games, that is not a lot. The forum now has a thread because shooting at a DD is a thing, TADA!

you assume too much, I did nothing worthy of TK, your victim blaming and assumption is frankly hilarious and predicted before i posted the thread.

your last sentence singles you out as an [edited].

• Cool 4

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
2 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

well done you miss perfect.

utterly irrelevant though.

shooting team is not ok.

No one here is debating that its ok, literally no one here even tried to imply that its ok.

We are simply telling you why it happens, and how you can stop it, practical info that you can actually use.

What do you want? A pat on the back, and for me to say thats its not okay, and those players were very mean to you? Well there, i said it.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles

the level of assumption in this thread is frankly laughable, so many know it alls :D

No one here is debating that its ok, literally no one here even tried to imply that its ok.

We are simply telling you why it happens, and how you can stop it, practical info that you can actually use.

What do you want? A pat on the back, and for me to say thats its not okay, and those players were very mean to you? Well there, i said it.

lol, you've told me nothing, practical info, have a word with yourself :)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
418 posts
2,183 battles
Just now, PassTheSalt said:

lol, you've told me nothing, practical info, have a word with yourself :)

Look again. I've told you how to see your own mistakes, and learn from them. that is clearly the info you need. 

Everyone makes mistakes, and the only bad players are the ones who can't see their own ones. 

• Funny 1

Players
402 posts
5,839 battles
45 minutes ago, PassTheSalt said:

3 times this week as a DD I've been shot by team 'mates'
1. as a Shiratsuyu for daring to go to A when the Atlanta proclaimed BC, shot at me twice, first one missed.
2. as Kagero for not moving in the first 20 seconds, I was looking at the map and the dispersion to decide where I'd be most effective, apparently it was to check I was not a bot.
3. as Harugumo, sole DD in Ranked R6, someone suggested I went C (the contested cap) I simply said 'No'

Each of these players did so knowing they wouldn't cross the damage threshold into a penalty, a single volley isn't enough.

so i rubbed paint with them until they crossed that threshold, I'd rather just play the game and not have the other greens at a disadvantage but the system is being gamed, and bullying is not acceptable.

Shoot me and I will rub you until you go the pink you deserve.

I knew you were going to be driving a destroyer.  I pretty much ignore it the same way I ignore people yelling at me to cap, when they are behind an island 15 km from the enemy.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,116 battles

I'm enjoying the teachings here as much as I enjoy the random demands in game, the assumption that they know best.

What mistakes did I make in these games, you were clearly there...

Oh wait you weren't, you're just making assumptions and being a condescending twit

• Cool 2