You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ouzo11

One Sided Games. Do something.

28 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
152 posts
4,301 battles

What the title says.
8/10 games are one sided.
Half or even more of the team is dead in less than 8 minutes.
Do faking something.

Like:
-Lower points per tick
-Increase team numbers from 12 to 15
-Increase time to 25'
-Increase max points to 1200
-I d say to fix your crap mm but you havent bothered so far, so why should you bother now.
-Prohibit people who farm in coop and jump to t10 to play randoms unless they have done at least 50 matches in the previous tier on randoms. And yes, the purpose is to drag them back to t5 so they can learn their freaking ships.

Just pull the stats and see how many people per side are dead on the 5 and 10 minute mark.And if you dont keep that kind of stats, well, every1 who has replays enabled does.
Also go check the damage on the alive ships when the matches end after 10-12 minutes.

I really start to miss the camping meta these days.

And yes i know its the nth thread about the same reason, but thats because we have to beg a couple of years about something before we see a not-very-well-thought change.

idgaf about a discussion cause i dont believe anything will change. just wanted to rant

• Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
3,631 posts
6,502 battles

boring...

just boring...

If you do not want a discussion, please restrain from starting another useles thread. Thanks in advance.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[L2TW]
Players
125 posts
10,610 battles

-Lower points per tick

So the game which is already over takes longer to end?

How is this even going to help at all without any changes in MM? Half of the people will still die early as you said

-Increase time to 25'

See point 1

See point 1

-I d say to fix your crap mm but you havent bothered so far, so why should you bother now

Random battle is exactly what the name suggests. If you want to have any competitive and close games you have to play clan wars. Ranked itself is at least at the beginning somehow competitive before zombies spam games to reach higher ranks.

Somehow i feel like the playerbase got worse instead of better ... i can totally understand your frustration. But look at it from the bright side: You are more on the side steam rolling the enemy then the one getting steam rolled :D

• Cool 2

[_MIA_]
Players
2,942 posts
5,366 battles

need fix brain.exe

Played 2 randoms after one week of absence... worst decision of the week :cap_fainting:

first game Standard battle: 2 out of 3 DDs rush middle into enemy cap, die instantly. Half team dead after like 7~mins because must rush :cap_horn:

2nd game 2 CVs on T5. After couple of mins they have no fighters left WTF ?! Both enemy CVs work like Borg together, crossdropping our BBs from 3 angles simultaneously :fish_boom: Ofc here in Domination, our BBs are like "the hell im moving forward!!!11" Was nice game in a Cruiser with 11 DPS AA with 2 CVs, 5 BBs, 1 Cruiser and 4 DDs when i have detection from the moon :cap_book:

[edited]you game :cap_old:

• Funny 1

Players
2,902 posts
5,171 battles
1 hour ago, Ouzo11 said:

idgaf about a discussion cause i dont believe anything will change. just wanted to rant

fair enough. After this evening im willing to join you...

Players
783 posts
11,736 battles

WG can´t fix what is in my opinion the biggest problem of WoWs: the players.

My battlecount in PvE is growing constantly.

Yes, PvE is boring stupid. But i can relax, shoot some stuff and if my teammates fail, i shoot all stuff.

PvE is somehow relaxing, playing random battles is not.

I checked the stats of some players i was matched with in randoms.

Question: how is it possible to get a w/r <35% after 1000+ matches? Do you have to sink your own teammates to get it?

• Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
3,194 posts
4,348 battles

Dunno what happened, but this week, the amount of stupid behaviour just kind of exploded. And sadly so did the CV population, where some are laughably incompetent.

I can only encourage AA builds.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[-MM]
Players
401 posts
7,945 battles

At the moment I think it might be the time to reduce the division size to 2 and to  completely exclude carriers from divisions. Carriers are strong enough at their own, They don't need a division.

I also think there should be some algorithm to prevent more than one division of the same clan in the same game. There is just so much "triple-try-harding "and MM skewing in the game.

• Cool 2

Players
2,902 posts
5,171 battles
9 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Dunno what happened, but this week, the amount of stupid behaviour just kind of exploded. And sadly so did the CV population, where some are laughably incompetent.

This! Absolutly! I have no explanation either but this is exactly what im seeing aswell.

I have just witnessed something, that Ive never seen before: 2 T5 CVs doing -perfect- teamplay. They first cross-dropped the Cesare from our division with 3 TB, then did the exact same thing to our Oktobyrskaya, then did it again to me - One of them even kept a divebomber over me, waiting for my DCP to go on CD to set a permafire on me. Meanwhile, our 2 CVs managed to feed all their planes 6 mins in the game, according to the answer of one of them. This... is hardly possible, technically, but w/e.

[POI--]
Players
3,194 posts
4,348 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

This! Absolutly! I have no explanation either but this is exactly what im seeing aswell.

I have just witnessed something, that Ive never seen before: 2 T5 CVs doing -perfect- teamplay. They first cross-dropped the Cesare from our division with 3 TB, then did the exact same thing to our Oktobyrskaya, then did it again to me - One of them even kept a divebomber over me, waiting for my DCP to go on CD to set a permafire on me. Meanwhile, our 2 CVs managed to feed all their planes 6 mins in the game, according to the answer of one of them. This... is hardly possible, technically, but w/e.

They are training for post rework, maybe, when they need to do this too.

But really, it's just infuriating how garbage the gameplay is this week and I basically started to play more Kii, just because the AA is so worth it. Also Ryuujou, because no need to rage at the CV, when you are the CV. Also, ez WR.:cat_cool:

[_MIA_]
Players
2,942 posts
5,366 battles
4 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

They are training for post rework, maybe, when they need to do this too.

But really, it's just infuriating how garbage the gameplay is this week and I basically started to play more Kii, just because the AA is so worth it. Also Ryuujou, because no need to rage at the CV, when you are the CV. Also, ez WR.:cat_cool:

Oh i got it now...

https://www.schulferien.org/Schulferien_nach_Jahren/

Germany has vacation again :cap_book:

Players
194 posts
4,771 battles

Well, the most obvious current trend is British DD pilots trying to get spotting components of the RN Arc and rushing the cap to die in glorious abandon...and around 90 seconds of game time there's very few left - with 5 DDs per side at peak time, that's a big chunk to lose so quickly.

I have noticed a spike in CV players mind you... confirmation bias from here on in though.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles
43 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Germany has vacation again :cap_book:

Ah, that actually explains a lot.

Just when you think average player skill can't get any worse...

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,608 posts
6,688 battles

Bad when you're trying to cap and you get torped by one of your own DDs who wasn't even in the cap.

Players
548 posts
4 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

What the title says.
Do faking something.

Like:
-Lower points per tick
-Increase time to 25'
-I d say to fix your crap mm but you havent bothered so far, so why should you bother now.
-Prohibit people who farm in coop and jump to t10 to play randoms unless they have done at least 50 matches in the previous tier on randoms. And yes, the purpose is to drag them back to t5 so they can learn their freaking ships.

Just pull the stats and see how many people per side are dead on the 5 and 10 minute mark.And if you dont keep that kind of stats, well, every1 who has replays enabled does.
Also go check the damage on the alive ships when the matches end after 10-12 minutes.

And yes i know its the nth thread about the same reason, but thats because we have to beg a couple of years about something before we see a not-very-well-thought change.

If you want I can train you to win games, @principat121 Will recommend my talents....

[H_FAN]
Players
1,862 posts
20,842 battles
5 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

What the title says.
Do faking something.

Like:
-Lower points per tick
-Increase time to 25'

None of the suggestions will hinder one-sided battles - the snow ball effect when a few ship dies first and then the other sides collapses will happen regardless of how many ships that participates.

However a greater number of players might be interesting out of variation purposes but that is not your problem in the post

Lower points - well if it is a steam roll better start a new game faster , why endure longer

Same for increase time and max points, btw if you are fewer ships your chance to win by capping early and defend a points advantage is far lower, why doing it easier for a team that is damagefarming instead of playing the objectives?

Pull the stats? Where can I see the real figures of that, not your hunch? One sided battles is more a mathematical function, so where do you find the objective data?

It may be that the greater disparity skillwise as the game progresses can make the games go slighly faster, but that is difficult to do something about. It is a game that takes a short time to learn but a long time to master. And grind full captains f,e..

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

of course most battle are one-sided.

that's just the snowball effect.

It's actually extremely rare in PvP games with large teams like in wows (12v12) to have close matches.

It's absolutely normal, statistically speaking. Even though frustrating, if you're on the wrong side.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,230 posts
6,341 battles
6 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

Do faking something.

humanity can only go so far.

6 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

Like:
-Lower points per tick
-Increase time to 25'

-this will punish the winning team when they have all the caps. Why is it their fault that their enemy team is too dumb to sail into a circle.

-ppl  are already scared to push because of their precious hitpoints. introducing more ships will only give more chaos so ships will either suicide faster or camp more

-this will only drag the game on longer when ppl run away in standard battle and try to hide all game. they can do the same in domination.

-same issue the game will only last longer.

These things only help u with 1 thing letting u farm more to get your rating up. now i have my games where i want to do that as well but in general its just better to move on to the next game as fast as possible.

They tried to fix T8 MM by introducing that new game mode. so far that did not help 1 bit. 

about letting Ppl rush to T10 i would agree with u fully and say that they should not be alowed out of a tier after some ammount of battles.

that would at least help a little bit for some players. most are still too dense to learn the mechanics no mather how mutch they play tho.

[JRM]
Players
689 posts
12,322 battles

10 pvp battles to unlock tier 2 ships, 20 t2 battles to unlock t3, 50 t3 to unlock t4, 100 t4 to unlock t5, 200 t5 to unlock t6 ships, 300 per tier for t7 and onwards if you dont have the number od battles you are restructed to coop

[JRM]
Players
657 posts
10,514 battles

Us who are here for log time remember well what started this reckless play style. It wad when WG changed how repair costs work, that you pay full repair costs destroyed or not, damaged much or not. Before that players carred much more how well and cautios they play.

[TENGO]
Players
1,479 posts
8,221 battles
1 hour ago, lameoll said:

-ppl  are already scared to push because of their precious hitpoints. introducing more ships will only give more chaos so ships will either suicide faster or camp more

Yup. If anything, lowering the team sizes might do the trick, 7 to 9, isch? 

Granted, it only happened a few times, but on ranked there were a handful of games where a team came back from what looked/should have been a definite loss, with that comeback not purely based on an enemy throw.

Can't recall a recent random game like that. A few days ago I asked @El2aZeRwhen he had a real close game. He couldn't give an answer, nor can I. I'm sure most people can't, even though those games in particular are what makes this game worthwhile... 

[JRM]
Players
689 posts
12,322 battles

I had one yesterday our desmo vs enemy chung mu only ones left and we lost on points something like 940/970 had 4 kills and 105k damage with shima (was the last to die on my team), desmo was going for the cap but we ran out of time

Players
761 posts
6,657 battles

I've had some cracking close games over the last month or so but since Sunday it has been 1/4 fun to 3/4 pain. Having a few days off until the kinder are back at school.... 

[AAO]
Players
396 posts
6,939 battles

Its all about playerbase, MM is random and ppls avrage skill being so low it doesnt matter what you do. 

L2P is the simplest solution, more impact 1 player has bigger the chance of winning.