Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StringWitch

"this thing is inefficient with the ship's current configuration"

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[TTT]
Players
3,574 posts
7,449 battles

the funny thing is, these are sometimes just plain dead wrong. Like IFHE on an Alsace - that's what makes the 100mm secondaries shine, they're pretty worthless without it except as firestarters but with IFHE they shred DDs and actually do quite decent damage to BB superstructures...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
730 posts
11,489 battles

I don't mind such markers, but in some cases it's highly debatable how or why they were chosen to be put like that: in Minotaur India X-Ray (extra fire chance, extra own detonation chance) is set as unfitting, which is understandable for a RN CL, yet Victor Lima (extra fire chance, extra own flooding chance) is not.

 

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,183 battles

In my Kaga the manual secondaries skill it's listed as a non situable skill for the ship. The funny thing is that the Mike yankee soxisix flag IS listed as a useful flag...

 

Kaga.thumb.jpg.467d3299f4c0c82a579abdf20bb17f55.jpg

 

 

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ITA_C]
Players
198 posts
6,183 battles

On hakuryu it's on manual secondaries capitan spec, i know is not the wiser choice but such choice should be up to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,943 battles
13 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

with IFHE they shred DDs and actually do quite decent damage to BB superstructures...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,183 battles
15 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

On hakuryu it's on manual secondaries capitan spec, i know is not the wiser choice but such choice should be up to me 

Also I spected my Haku with secondaries. I only use it for co-op battles (where bots doesn't camps far behind and there are no defensive aa consumables or impossible lock strafes). It's really fun to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_MIA_]
Players
2,899 posts
5,349 battles
3 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

I don't mind such markers, but in some cases it's highly debatable how or why they were chosen to be put like that: in Minotaur India X-Ray (extra fire chance, extra own detonation chance) is set as unfitting, which is understandable for a RN CL, yet Victor Lima (extra fire chance, extra own flooding chance) is not.

 

Salute.

 

Well, more flooding chance does atleast something for a Mino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
123 posts
3,014 battles
17 ore fa, Tyrendian89 ha scritto:

the funny thing is, these are sometimes just plain dead wrong. Like IFHE on an Alsace - that's what makes the 100mm secondaries shine, they're pretty worthless without it except as firestarters but with IFHE they shred DDs and actually do quite decent damage to BB superstructures...

 

Waiting Bourgogne and her modernized 127mm secondary batteries :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
87 posts
5,446 battles
11 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

I don't mind such markers, but in some cases it's highly debatable how or why they were chosen to be put like that: in Minotaur India X-Ray (extra fire chance, extra own detonation chance) is set as unfitting, which is understandable for a RN CL, yet Victor Lima (extra fire chance, extra own flooding chance) is not.

 

 

Victor Lima is extra chance of causing fire and flooding on enemies, not your own ship.. The Minotaur has torpedoes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[132AN]
[132AN]
Players
15 posts
7,159 battles

Guys...

I use IFHE even on the 406 of my Nelson...  why the game state that IFHE is inefficient in any ship with 203mm+ cannons? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_MIA_]
Players
2,899 posts
5,349 battles
7 minutes ago, Akaisuisam said:

Guys...

I use IFHE even on the 406 of my Nelson...  why the game state that IFHE is inefficient in any ship with 203mm+ cannons? 

 

 

Because the effect doesnt change much, if anything!, at all.

F.e. lets take Worcester. It has 152mm guns. It can penetrate armor up to 24mm. Problem is, most parts on Cruisers and BBs on that tier got 27-32mm armor. When he takes IFHE, he can penetrate 32mm of armor, which is all BBs bow/aft section, and even some upper belt/deck armor.

With 203mm guns they already have the same penetration as 152mm guns WITH IFHE (thats 32mm). When they add IFHE, the penetration would be 43mm. And there arent really many places that have armor values between 33-43mm. I think Montana has 38mm somewhere.

 

Nelson already has 100mm penetration on the HE even without IFHE. When you add IFHE, the only thing it does, it might enable you to citadel SOME cruisers. Too lazy to check, but something like Neptune comes to mind (probably some IJN Cruisers too)

Thing is, you could just load AP and deal more citadel damage :fish_book: With Nelsons (british) sAP you get less overpenetrations than other BBs. Basicly IFHE on Nelson is a waste of 4 cptn points. Take CE or FP - helps you much more. With FP you can laugh about fires all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,869 posts
5,153 battles
21 minutes ago, Akaisuisam said:

Guys...

I use IFHE even on the 406 of my Nelson...  why the game state that IFHE is inefficient in any ship with 203mm+ cannons? 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles
4 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

IFHE also affect secondary cannons. So I don't see it as a waste for bbs.

It's only a waste if there is a better skill to use (or several as IFHE is 4 points).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,695 posts
13,130 battles

Remember when @MrConway said there are people using IFHE on Mino? That is pretty much why this feature has to exist and cannot be disabled.

(Then again WG has also shown in the official Armada video that you apparently need Expert Rear Gunner on KGV :Smile_hiding:)

 

As for IFHE on BBs to go full secondary, the text doesn't actually lie. It is in fact inefficient because secondary usage is situational at best, especially in the current meta.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
730 posts
11,489 battles
19 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Victor Lima is extra chance of causing fire and flooding on enemies, not your own ship.. The Minotaur has torpedoes.

You're right, my bad. I think I never checked that back since a discussion that happened on the Spanish forum about the right meaning of what Victor Lima does.

 

Salute.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,137 posts
1,552 battles
On 10/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, DFens_666 said:

 

Because the effect doesnt change much, if anything!, at all.

F.e. lets take Worcester. It has 152mm guns. It can penetrate armor up to 24mm. Problem is, most parts on Cruisers and BBs on that tier got 27-32mm armor. When he takes IFHE, he can penetrate 32mm of armor, which is all BBs bow/aft section, and even some upper belt/deck armor.

With 203mm guns they already have the same penetration as 152mm guns WITH IFHE (thats 32mm). When they add IFHE, the penetration would be 43mm. And there arent really many places that have armor values between 33-43mm. I think Montana has 38mm somewhere.

 

Nelson already has 100mm penetration on the HE even without IFHE. When you add IFHE, the only thing it does, it might enable you to citadel SOME cruisers. Too lazy to check, but something like Neptune comes to mind (probably some IJN Cruisers too)

Thing is, you could just load AP and deal more citadel damage :fish_book: With Nelsons (british) sAP you get less overpenetrations than other BBs. Basicly IFHE on Nelson is a waste of 4 cptn points. Take CE or FP - helps you much more. With FP you can laugh about fires all the time.

 

Well... I have done the math too, and in case of King George V it says clearly there is NO IMPROVEMENT. 

Except on some T8/T9 BBs where I'd  get s more pens on upper structure, and cruisers that I could now devstrike. 

However, being the wise-[edited]that I am, wanted to try for myself, and put IFHE on...

 

What happens now is 90% of HE that hits is full pen. No more shatters. A hit, is a hit. On just about anything. 

Yes sometimes it bounces off - I assume that is the armour belt. But I get MUCH LESS shatters than I used to.

As for fires, a salvo (if any good) used to result in fire ~50% or so.  Half the time, no fire. 

Now, there is definately > 50% chance of at least fire - and if the hits were any good, TWO fires. Even had THREE. 

That never happened before. And now, it REGULARLY happens.

 

Yes, AP is still the way to go for real fat damage - if the other ship is close enough, and if it is flat-angled. 

Or if the other one took FP... even then, they won't be laughing that hard about fires anymore. 

King George the Fifth + IFHE = King Troll tha Filth... :fish_panic:

 

As the captain is shared with Hood... it doesn't cause many fires when shooting HE with Hood. 

But the HE on Hood is a lot more useful now, too. The AP on Hood is much better than on KGV though.

So I'll keep the AP 90% on Hood... on KGV... only when I have something <8km and broadside... LOL.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
20 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

As for IFHE on BBs to go full secondary, the text doesn't actually lie. It is in fact inefficient because secondary usage is situational at best, especially in the current meta.

I consider IFHE Kurfürst the only real Kurfürst. If you don't like it, go play Montana. It might be inefficient (like Kurfürst in general), but don't let your memes be dreams.

 

It's what I bought this ship for. IFHE secondaries and Kurfürst LU. One day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,695 posts
13,130 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

It's what I bought this ship for. IFHE secondaries and Kurfürst LU. One day...

 

Meh, I got her for topkek tankiness that lets you ignore everything but the heaviest of CV strikes.

Then I realized that being immune to damage is kinda boring so I stopped playing after 3 or so games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[_MIA_]
Players
2,899 posts
5,349 battles
4 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

IFHE on King Troll the Filth works like a charm... 

 

 

But against those ships it doesnt really matter. Well technically it could help you to citadel myoko - but you have to hit that small part

 

shot-18_10.07_23_20.34-0555.thumb.jpg.6ec093a127dfbf75cece462406554f61.jpg

 

 

No IFHE KGV :Smile_hiding:

 

Spoiler

shot-18_10.07_01_24.32-0762.thumb.jpg.055d2d11d1e3bd21a871945029d01fcf.jpgshot-18_10.07_01_24.39-0211.thumb.jpg.e9092b187b1b5ec373c2d7708afa52c3.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×