You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Linkaex

Anime

84 comments in this topic

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,689 battles

No judgement here. 

But yall are in your teens early twenties. Right? I must be right cuz I used to be an anime lover, but grew out of it. 

I loved Naruto, Dragonball (the manga) not Z, the stories before that. Altho I watched a lot of Z when growing up ofcourse. Oooohhhhh and Gundam Wing is awesome too! :cap_cool:
I had all the books of Dragon Ball, Battle Angel Alita and Akira. Yes there is a manga next to the movie Akira the cult classic film. And the Manga is much better. Trust me go read it.  

Anyhow, any suggestions of a good anime I can watch? Me being old school and all.  :cap_like:

[SCRUB]
Players
6,914 posts
9,129 battles

I'll keep it simple and not post an entire list, so 'Cowboy Bebop' for now.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,582 posts
10,382 battles
  • Attack on Titan, for more R rated entertainement
  • One Punch Man, just for fun
  • Sword of a Stranger, just a great Samurai movie
  • most of the Studio Ghibli movies
  • Knights of Sidonia, post-apocalyptic mecha space survival
  • Cool 1

Weekend Tester
801 posts
4,350 battles

- Akame Ga Kill

- Jin-Rou

- Redline

And of course my Profile pic: -High School Fleet

Now i dono what eggsaclly you might like so i just threw in random out of everything... :cap_like:

OH OH, looking through my list i stumbled across Gate (Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri), so take that as well.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,687 posts
13,121 battles

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

If you have time to watch a movie, Kimi No Na Wa is stellar.

• Cool 2

Players
289 posts
812 battles

Early 20’s means you’ve physically reached adulthood.

either way i dont really watch anime since i dont know what to watch and cant really find anything similar to mirai nikki.

which is one who should watch plus parasyte.

[CATS]
Players
13,582 posts
10,382 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

If you have time to watch a movie, Kimi No Na Wa is stellar.

I can support that.

Beta Tester
4,993 posts
2,939 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Kimi No Na Wa is stellar

Damn, I don't think it deserves the godly treatement. It was very good, even excellent, but gee, no more. It has its imperfections and may be disliked.
For instance, even though I can admit it was excellent, I didn't like it.

Players
363 posts
2,747 battles

I guess  you could try Girls und Panzer, a lot better than I expected when I first watched it (I was going to it after seeing a Jingles video with a clip from one of the episodes, have been hooked ever since.) Also some good manga works if that's what you like, as well as a computer game or two. Even the sound track is great, with versions of classical songs like Katyusha, Panzerlied and Battle Hymn of the Republic. Just give the first couple of episodes a watch, see what you think.

• Cool 1

Players
1,192 posts
3,443 battles
13 hours ago, Linkaex said:

No judgement here. 

But yall are in your teens early twenties. Right? I must be right cuz I used to be an anime lover, but grew out of it.

Okay, unlike the others I'm not taking this statement lying down:

"I'm not judging you, but I'm totally going to judge you. I must be right about this, because of my pre-disposed opinions on the subject."

There are so many things I want to say about this, but I feel it can be best summed up with:

https://soranews24.com/2017/12/21/star-treks-william-shatner-picks-best-girl-in-idol-anime-love-live-sets-off-fan-debate/

If you are serious about anime recomendations, some I will gladly recommend are:

Lucky Star, for relaxation.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry: Higurashi), for psychological horror.

Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia), for shounen action fun.

One Punch Man, for action-comedy.

Yojou Senki (The Saga of Tanya the Evil), for fantasy action.

Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure), for flamboyant poses.

Gegege no Kitarou, for kids horror/action (I like to think of it as the Japanese equivalent of The Addams Family, for multiple reasons).

Golden Kamuy, for historical action/drama.

Hataraku Saibou (Cells at Work), for edutainment.

Fate/ series, for urban fantasy.

Ghost in the Shell, for cyberpunk action.

• Cool 2

Players
289 posts
812 battles

I guess the captain has spoken umi it is!

have no clue what anime it is though lol.

also thanks captain for the list of anime per genre might actually start watching these to get back into the flow of things.

• Cool 1

Players
1,192 posts
3,443 battles
27 minutes ago, BrigadierRosen said:

I guess the captain has spoken umi it is!

have no clue what anime it is though lol.

In terms of Idol Anime, I'd have to recommend The IdolM@ster or The IdolM@ster Cinderella Girls.

I'm not personally all that into Love Live, so I'd disagree with Mr Shatner and say that Minase Iori is best Idol waifu.:cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
289 posts
812 battles
15 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

In terms of Idol Anime, I'd have to recommend The IdolM@ster or The IdolM@ster Cinderella Girls.

I'm not personally all that into Love Live, so I'd disagree with Mr Shatner and say that Minase Iori is best Idol waifu.:cap_like:

So are idol animes just incredibly popular anime's or musicals? because i see a lot of girls and boys with instraments and microphones.

Never even heard of the genre before so i have no clue who is good or bad. Not a fan of tsuderes though they tend to drive me up the sodding bend half the time. Even more so when the male is too scared to confront them.

should we keep this thread going to chat more about anime without it filling up the shipgirl thread?

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,689 battles
5 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Okay, unlike the others I'm not taking this statement lying down:

"I'm not judging you, but I'm totally going to judge you. I must be right about this, because of my pre-disposed opinions on the subject."

There are so many things I want to say about this, but I feel it can be best summed up with:

https://soranews24.com/2017/12/21/star-treks-william-shatner-picks-best-girl-in-idol-anime-love-live-sets-off-fan-debate/

Yeah I was trolling with that one. But I do believe that it is a common bias.  That or being a virgin at 40 years old :p

I really want suggestions, since I'm bored out of Netflix atm. And seeing all these anime profile pictures here on the forum I want to rejoice my teen years. ^^ 

Thanks you for your suggestion. And ofcourse all other people who also posted suggestions. I will look through all of them and see if some peaks my interest. :) 

• Cool 1

Players
1,192 posts
3,443 battles
4 hours ago, BrigadierRosen said:

So are idol animes just incredibly popular anime's or musicals? because i see a lot of girls and boys with instraments and microphones.

Never even heard of the genre before so i have no clue who is good or bad. Not a fan of tsuderes though they tend to drive me up the sodding bend half the time. Even more so when the male is too scared to confront them.

Yes to both. There's normally a song per episode, but they also tend to focus more on the drama between the girls and their personal lives as they aim to become top pop idols.

As far as The Idolmaster series goes, there is only one important male character - The Producer. He's more of an audience surrogate, however, as The Idolmaster anime is based on a series of video games. There is no actual romance in the series, only CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things), although you can certainly imply that some girls might have feelings for their Producer-san.

Players
1,192 posts
3,443 battles
9 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

I really want suggestions, since I'm bored out of Netflix atm.

Amusingly, I don't have Netflix and there are a few on there I want to watch.

Namely:

Fate/Extra, Fate/Apocrypha (both in the Fate/ series I mentioned)

Made in Abyss,

Castlevania.

I keep on thinking I probably should sign up, but then I decide that it's going to be worth the wait for the Blu-Rays to release over here.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,582 posts
10,382 battles
On 05/10/2018 at 12:33 PM, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Yojou Senki (The Saga of Tanya the Evil), for fantasy action.

Thank you for that!

While the main character is really quite despicable, the show has great dark humour!

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,686 posts
9,840 battles

Redline - I think this is one of the last hand drawn anime movies. Lots of energy and campy fun.

Kakegurui - a quite psychological anime about what happens when a compulsive gambler enters a school centered around gambling.

Overlord - a take on the "normal guy ends up in a fantasy world" trope. The main character is a salaryman trapped in the body of his online character, a powerful undead mage, and transported with all his monstrous servants into a unknown world.

Princess Principal - Steampunk meets Spy action. Really good music and visuals.

Baccano! - pulp action around alchemy. Part of a larger universe by Narita Ryohgo.

Black Lagoon - an office worker ends up abandoned among south-eastern Asian pirates by his company. Quite action packed with nods to many action classics.

Players
952 posts
5,093 battles
1 hour ago, fallenkezef said:

GATE

F4 Phantoms v Dragon, nuff said

I always wondered what would happen if this portal opened in Russian Federation. They would probably nuke them all :etc_red_button:

[4_0_4]
Players
3,758 posts
10,342 battles
3 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

I always wondered what would happen if this portal opened in Russian Federation. They would probably nuke them all :etc_red_button:

Nah, Trumpledor would do that. Putin would just ride in on a bear of course :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,192 posts
3,443 battles

I forgot to mention a couple other favourites of mine:

Karakai Jouzu Takagi-san (Teasing Master, Miss Takagi), an adorable will they/won't they about a boy and the girl who enjoys teasing him.

Clannad and Clannad After Story, to make yourself cry big puddles of many tears.

Gurazeni: Money Pitch, a surprisingly entertaining show about a professional Japanese Major League Baseball player.

Bakemonogatari, I won't say anything about, just watch and let the show take you for a ride.