You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LudvigvonHinterhoch

Torpedos go straight through enemy

59 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
5,159 battles

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHAT THE [edited]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have stopped counting how many times it has happened I have shot a load of torpedos at an enemy

just to see them sail straight through them, no harm done what so ever. What the hell is wrong!!!!?

Does anyone else have this same problem?

I'm very very frustrated. And no reboot, Ctrl Alt Delete etc wont fix the problem. Neither will any smart

[edited]answers this is wrong place to write about this. I don't care. I'm pissed!!

• Funny 11
  • Boring 1

[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles

More information could help.

Otherwise we can assume that you watched Deep Water Torpedos going under an enemy DD, which is how it is supposed to work....

• Cool 7

Players
2,871 posts
5,153 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Otherwise we can assume that you watched Deep Water Torpedos going under an enemy DD, which is how it is supposed to work....

His latest new ships and at the same time this first PA DD: Jianwei & Fushun - says enough I guess...

@LudvigvonHinterhoch How about screenshot or replay.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[UNICS]
Players
2,783 posts
11,545 battles
19 minutes ago, LudvigvonHinterhoch said:

I have stopped counting how many times it has happened I have shot a load of torpedos at an enemy

just to see them sail straight through them, no harm done what so ever. What the hell is wrong!!!!?

I'm very very frustrated. And no reboot, Ctrl Alt Delete etc wont fix the problem. Neither will any smart

[edited]answers this is wrong place to write about this. I don't care. I'm pissed!!

Probably overpen. Enemy ships too thin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_tunnelling

Spoiler

Quantum tunnelling or tunneling (see spelling differences) is the quantum mechanical phenomenon where a particle passes through a potential barrier that it classically cannot surmount. This plays an essential role in several physical phenomena, such as the nuclear fusion that occurs in main sequence stars like the Sun.[1] It has important applications to modern devices such as the tunnel diode,[2]quantum computing, and the scanning tunnelling microscope. The effect was predicted in the early 20th century, and its acceptance as a general physical phenomenon came mid-century.[3]

Fundamental quantum mechanical concepts are central to this phenomenon, which makes quantum tunnelling one of the novel implications of quantum mechanics. Quantum tunneling is projected to create physical limits to how small transistors can get, due to electrons being able to tunnel past them if they are too small.[4][5]

Tunnelling is often explained in terms of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and the premise that the quantum object has more than one fixed state (not a wave nor a particle) in general.

WG need to make a tutorial on this.

• Funny 10

Players
250 posts
1,332 battles
25 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_tunnelling

Reveal hidden contents

Quantum tunnelling or tunneling (see spelling differences) is the quantum mechanical phenomenon where a particle passes through a potential barrier that it classically cannot surmount. This plays an essential role in several physical phenomena, such as the nuclear fusion that occurs in main sequence stars like the Sun.[1] It has important applications to modern devices such as the tunnel diode,[2]quantum computing, and the scanning tunnelling microscope. The effect was predicted in the early 20th century, and its acceptance as a general physical phenomenon came mid-century.[3]

Fundamental quantum mechanical concepts are central to this phenomenon, which makes quantum tunnelling one of the novel implications of quantum mechanics. Quantum tunneling is projected to create physical limits to how small transistors can get, due to electrons being able to tunnel past them if they are too small.[4][5]

Tunnelling is often explained in terms of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and the premise that the quantum object has more than one fixed state (not a wave nor a particle) in general.

If WG do start making off-topic tutorials, then in view of some recent threads, I'm going to start a petition for them to make one about the concept 'randomness' :Smile_teethhappy::cap_old: Especially how 'random' =/= 'evenly distributed' :cap_horn:

• Funny 2

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

I also saw a player a couple of weeks ago complaining his torps didn't work, then saying enemy DD was a cheater.

He was in a t5 or t6 pan-a destroyer...

Sometimes people are beyond saving. I mean, reading a tool tip is obviously too difficult. They also can't ask themselves why is the torps icon different...

• Funny 1

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,191 posts
5,517 battles

once a Fletcher called me in a Z-46 a cheater because i hydroed him in his smoke..........

• Funny 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,025 posts
2 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I also saw a player a couple of weeks ago complaining his torps didn't work, then saying enemy DD was a cheater.

He was in a t5 or t6 pan-a destroyer...

Sometimes people are beyond saving. I mean, reading a tool tip is obviously too difficult. They also can't ask themselves why is the torps icon different...

I had the driver of a ChungMu accusing me of cheating because his torpedoes didn't hit my Gearing, I could only assume eBay was involved.

I've quite often had DW torps fired at my Kamikaze which is comical, but sortof understandable. 

Players
401 posts
5,823 battles

Well I launch torpedos to pass under friendly destroyers - and forget I'm in the Gallant - which makes for interesting chat and pink time.

• Funny 4

[TENGO]
Players
1,457 posts
8,205 battles

@El2aZeR made me aware of this thread. Still can't believe it is real, even though all the idiocy I've seen lately.

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

5K battles, doesn't know about deep waters

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
479 posts
8,552 battles
2 hours ago, loppantorkel said:

Really? Select target DD, aim torpedoes, get a white outline and big message in front of the screen saying something along the lines of cannot hit target. What more do they need to do?

• Cool 2

Players
87 posts
5,470 battles
3 hours ago, stinkmorchel said:

once a Fletcher called me in a Z-46 a cheater because i hydroed him in his smoke..........

I had an Akatzuki accuse me of cheating as his torps hit the wreck of the Mahan that was in front of my Gnevny when he charged my smoke. He grounded on a island in front of me. I then sailed past and torped him at 2km. Oh the salt, it was delicious. 

• Funny 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,974 posts
4,959 battles

Where is boris when you need him, someone please help with the summoning.

/summon

Players
1,709 posts
9,658 battles
58 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Where is boris when you need him, someone please help with the summoning.

/summon

Boris in Gulag. On behalf of Boris I award this thread the:

RAGE_BORIS.png.f2e4ed722da2a4fa0b67f43123eeafb3.png

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,695 posts
10,594 battles
6 hours ago, LudvigvonHinterhoch said:

Pan Asia destroyers have deep water torpedoes. They can't hit DDs. When you try to target a DD, the torpedo aiming indicator looks differently and even a text appears on the screen, saying that you can't hit this target. Long story short: everyone has this "problem" because it's not a problem at all, but rather the defining design feature of this weapon - extremely stealthy compared to counterpart from other navies but unable to hit enemy destroyers.

• Cool 3

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,605 posts
6,667 battles
14 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Pan Asia destroyers have deep water torpedoes. They can't hit DDs. When you try to target a DD, the torpedo aiming indicator looks differently and even a text appears on the screen, saying that you can't hit this target. Long story short: everyone has this "problem" because it's not a problem at all, but rather the defining design feature of this weapon - extremely stealthy compared to counterpart from other navies but unable to hit enemy destroyers.

Sad that it took 16 posts before someone properly explained it.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles
Just now, Hedgehog1963 said:

Sad that it took 16 posts before someone properly explained it.

Because we do not know what really happened as the OP did not really explain it.

We are just guessing. Could also be a latency issue.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,605 posts
6,667 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Because we do not know what really happened as the OP did not really explain it.

We are just guessing. Could also be a latency issue.

Someone already pointed out his newest DDs are Pan Asian so we can arrive at a conclusion.

[CATS]
Players
13,610 posts
10,385 battles
1 minute ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Someone already pointed out his newest DDs are Pan Asian so we can arrive at a conclusion.

Probably, but we do not know for sure. That is guessing.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,605 posts
6,667 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Probably, but we do not know for sure. That is guessing.

OK whatever.  You win the argument.  Happy now?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,562 posts
9,106 battles
8 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

It would even be comprehensible if it were just a tooltip...
But there's a large text ON SCREEN telling the player that DW torpedoes can't hit the target.

I'm absolutely convinced that a good 25% of players in this game are downright illiterate.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[LOBUZ]
[LOBUZ]
Players
4,226 posts
15,512 battles
20 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

It would even be comprehensible if it were just a tooltip...
But there's a large text ON SCREEN telling the player that DW torpedoes can't hit the target.

I'm absolutely convinced that a good 25% of players in this game are downright illiterate.

Literacy is a pretty fresh invention. It appeared only a few k years ago. In plenty of cases evolution didn't catch up yet.

• Funny 2

Players
276 posts
3,409 battles

After getting sunk myself, was spectating a Gearing and saw a Yueyang accuse him of cheating when the Gearing ran aground and the Yueyang launched both racks of torps at him from about 2-3km which obviously did nothing whilst the Gearing torps hit. A T10, how the hell do you manage to get all the way to T10 in PA DD's and not realise you can't hit DD's?!?! I've even had an Asashio say the same when his torps went under my Mogami which is slightly more understandable considering he was a wallet warrior.

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,595 battles
11 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

After getting sunk myself, was spectating a Gearing and saw a Yueyang accuse him of cheating when the Gearing ran aground and the Yueyang launched both racks of torps at him from about 2-3km which obviously did nothing whilst the Gearing torps hit. A T10, how the hell do you manage to get all the way to T10 in PA DD's and not realise you can't hit DD's?!?! I've even had an Asashio say the same when his torps went under my Mogami which is slightly more understandable considering he was a wallet warrior.

Hehehe! Had the same thing happen to me twice last weekend, when hunting Asashios skulking behind our lines with my Mogami. GREAT FUN! :cap_like:

When mounting a speed flag the blighters are even too slow to run... Some might feel it a bit unfair though, lost 1 karma each time. Totally worth it. :Smile_Default: