Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dirty_Dunc

Chat Bans, Reporting

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
43 posts

Okay. I've just about had enough of the reporting system in this game.  I am the first to admit I can rant and turn the air blue with the best of them, but this is beyond on a joke now. 

 

I really am trying to be considerate and not use expletives because,  yes .......   there may well be children present ... pffff

 

Having said that, I've have just received a chat ban and the only thing I was discussing were which caps to go for at the start of a match, no obscenities were used and now I have to wait until 6 okay tomoorw night before I can get banned again!  

 

Just because you don't necessarily agree with someone in chat doesn't mean you are being abusive for crying out loud  !!!

 

I've also been reported just sailing a Yamato  .. on the basis that it's a Battleship and all players that sail them should be reported because they are 'noobs' and '[edited]'

 

*edit

  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,256 posts
8,096 battles
17 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

*edit

 

:Smile_facepalm:

 

And you are whining about being chatbanned.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
43 posts
33 minutes ago, MaxxyNL said:

:Smile_facepalm:

 

And you are whining about being chatbanned.....

 

53 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Boring story, little snowflake...

:cap_tea:

 

48 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

image.png.982128c26a9cb40d436221ca05b960d5.png

 

No ... it's not bait, it's an opinion and it's mine ... written in my own inmiatble style.  What is it with you people ?  defending something that is so patently wrong?  Is it a misplaced sense of belonging that's sadly lacking ?  ... then again, who am I kidding judging by the response ? ....

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,205 posts
8,645 battles

On another note, I had my hair cut today.

 

But I do agree with the OP. Sometimes you're damned if you do, damned if you don't, so if you're going to be in it whether you're good or bad, you may as well be all the way in it.

image.thumb.png.4f265aab950528c75f7232012521ef72.png

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,018 posts
28,526 battles

The chat ban system is flawed. You can get chat banned easily even if you didn't say something.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,882 posts
15 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

Having said that, I've have just received a chat ban and the only thing I was discussing were which caps to go for at the start of a match, no obscenities were used and now I have to wait until 6 okay tomoorw night before I can get banned again! 

1) Well... Not being able to use chat is not a big problem. Problem is chatban working for clan / division window.

 

2) Can we see the replay please? :Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

Oh no! No replays enabled?

 

 

14 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

What is it with you people ?  defending something that is so patently wrong?  Is it a misplaced sense of belonging that's sadly lacking ?

Nothing is wrong... It is seeing this happen over and over again. WG is going to close this topic for not being constructive.  Someone else is going to open another one. WG is going to close it... So on so forth...

And in many cases - chat ban is simply well deserved. And in others - system is just being abused (WG knows about it), so...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HMSR]
Players
1,646 posts
5,871 battles

Even when i get vocal, i cant seem to get chatbanned, is it really that easy? 

Havent gotten that achievment yet :Smile_trollface:

 

Bdw, @ABED1984 27k games, like damn, thats quite the number.

:Smile_honoring::Smile_honoring:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
690 posts
12,343 battles

Interestingly enough never got chatbaned as of yet, and not that i didnt use expelatives few times when they were needed :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
404 posts
5,851 battles
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Interestingly enough never got chatbaned as of yet, and not that i didnt use expelatives few times when they were needed :cap_yes:

 

 

Likewise. My khama is zero most of the time because i get reported a lot, but never shat banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FRDF]
Players
177 posts
2,810 battles

Never gotten chat banned either, and I definitely have had my salty moments.. maybe you need to run your mouth every game to get banned.

 

I will keep using my extra reports and report who ever I feel like deserves reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
277 posts
3,411 battles

It does seem that most people use the chat report as they realise it actually does something unlike the others. Reading more and more of these threads will just cause them to exploit it even more.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
790 posts
6,871 battles
7 hours ago, ABED1984 said:

The chat ban system is flawed. You can get chat banned easily even if you didn't say something.

Never happened across 6000 games.

 

I've been guilty of all sorts of things in-game. Awful dad jokes. Shameless seal clubbing. Yanking the chains of Neanderthals raging in the chat in broken English.

 

My karma suffers of a bit, but number of chat bans remains at zero. Not convinced the threshold is too low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
43 posts
7 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Nothing is wrong... It is seeing this happen over and over again. WG is going to close this topic for not being constructive.  Someone else is going to open another one. WG is going to close it... So on so forth...

And in many cases - chat ban is simply well deserved. And in others system is just being abused (WG knows about it), so...

I see, you're another person who has found a long lost sense of belonging in the bosom of Wargaming and everything they do is absolutely perfect.  Well wake up sunshine, I'm sure Wargaming can close the topic down all by their little selves and without any say so from you  :) As regards to the system, I say again .... it's flawed, broken and poisonous.

 

.... and no, I don't have replayes enabled, I really wish I had ... just so I could rub the file in your smarmy face.  Then again, it's probably so far up Wargaming's backside I'd probably have to resort to sticking it where the sun dont shine anyway!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,323 posts
13,604 battles

I have never gotten chat banned myself and I do even chat sometimes. Though I usually refrain from the negative, if at all possible. Last Saturday tho, I was in a similar situation on the "Shards" map. Someone (a BB player) suggested we go AC in domination mode and as soon as he had blurted that out all our BB's started heading to behind the islands towards C hugging the map border. Brilliant! I thought the game was lost there and then. So in desperation I said: "That would be stupid, if they go either AB or BC we are going to lose." - I admit, that was pretty tame but I was half-expecting to get chat banned for saying it.:Smile_amazed:

 

Well, to my surprise I didn't get banned and apparently all our Cruiser and DD players agreed with me and made a push to AB first. We even got a couple of the BB's to join in and support B. Captured them both and won the game in the end, though we did suffer unnecessarily heavy casualties due to 3 BB's sailing around map edges for 10 minutes without having any effect on the game while the enemy pushed BC, as I had suspected. Luckily the enemy BB's also started hugging the map edge at C, met and killed our 3 wayward BB's there but by the time their BB's got around to turn towards B it was too late for their team (BTW why on earth would you even want to try sailing around the entire bloody map in a New York anyways, the thing is WAY TOO SLOW to make it anywhere - Ever), we had already captured both A&B and ended up winning the game by points. It was a narrow call tho.:cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,882 posts
2 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

I see, you're another person who has found a long lost sense of belonging in the bosom of Wargaming and everything they do is absolutely perfect.  Well wake up sunshine, I'm sure Wargaming can close the topic down all by their little selves and without any say so from you  :)

With that attitude not really surprise you are chatbanned... :Smile_veryhappy:

But please, continue pretending you know anything about me you anonymous person on the internet... :Smile_teethhappy:

 

2 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

As regards to the system, I say again .... it's flawed, broken and poisonous.

:Smile_medal:

 

Truly Sherlockian knowledge!

 

 

2 hours ago, Dirty_Dunc said:

.... and no, I don't have replayes enabled, I really wish I had ... just so I could rub the file in your smarmy face.  Then again, it's probably so far up Wargaming's backside I'd probably have to resort to sticking it where the sun dont shine anyway!!!

Lol, called it!

 

In the meantime, before another post - try to grow up at least to the point of being able to have mature conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
43 posts

Well that was very much the situation here, it was just a discussion and I was in no way arguementative.  We we're on the Northern Lights map, obviously in domination mode, with only two dd's.  I suggested we  hold B and C, as the dd's were located adjacent to those areas anyway and we could form a defensive line against area A on the western flank.  The other guy suggested we capped A and C, which I didn't think was such a good idea as it left the fleet divided down the middle of the map ......... and that was it ... end of disccusion.  As it usually turns out, we took  B and C and won, not because of anything that was said, it's just that events unfolded that way.  However, at the end of it I was left with a chat ban just because I had a different approach to Lord Nelson at A point who took exception to someone else thinking differently to him or her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
930 posts
10,543 battles
7 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

 

 

Likewise. My khama is zero most of the time because i get reported a lot, but never shat banned.

 

Good job, really, as that sounds like it would get quite uncomfortable quite quickly.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderators
25 posts
5 battles

Ahoy Captains!

 

Non constructive topic, as many of you already noticed. Closed.

 

Have a nice day,

 

xxTANK_Uxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×