You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Flavio1997

GG WG

35 comments in this topic

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,978 battles

Wg I have to say, that at last, you are starting to hearing our complains and you are making up your mind, the changes in the last dev blog are imho really good and heading towards a good direction:

Spoiler

T. Balance changes.

American cruiser Alaska, Tier IX.

Increased the number of Hit Points in the internal compartments: bow, casemate, superstructures and stern without changing the total number of Hit Points. The most tangible change is in the casemate of the ship.

Nose: from 3,300 to 3,600;
Casemate: from 7600 to 12600;
Superstructures: from 3500 to 3800;
Feed: from 3900 to 4300.

Because of the low-lying citadel, Alaska is able to avoid a significant amount of damage. This is especially noticeable when compared with other cruisers.

It is not possible to raise the citadel in this case, since the next compartment, which could be utilised, is too high above the waterline, and the armour of the cruiser does not provide sufficient protection. Thus, in order to bring the survivability and other parameters associated with the viability of the ship to the norm at its level, while maintaining the unique elements of the game on the cruiser, it was decided to increase the number of Hit Points in the internal compartments, while the damage received overall will increase slightly.

American cruisers Seattle, tier IX, and Worcester, tier X.

The range of the Surveillance Radar has been reduced from 9.45 and 9.9 km to 9 km for both ships.

The main reason for the changes is that these cruisers, which have a significant difference between the radius of visibility and the range of the Surveillance Radar, are extremely effective hunters of destroyers. Taking into account the presence of HE shells and rapid reload, a destroyer caught in the radius of the consumable, practically loses any chance to leave the area, and is likely to be sunk. The decreasing of the radius of Detection range all the same will leave Seattle and Worcester decent fighters, but will give a chance to the destroyer to take evasive action, spot the ship ahead of him, and to get away from the area of the Surveillance Radar.

French destroyer Le Terrible, VIII tier.

Main Battery reload time reduced from 6 to 5 seconds;
Visibility from ships reduced from 9.1 to 8.46 km;
Visibility after Main Battery fired in smoke from 3.74 to 3.42;
Changed Main Battery Reload Booster:

Cooldown increased from 120 (80 for Main Battery Reload Booster II) to 150 seconds (100);
Duration increased from 10 to 15 seconds;
Bonus to reduce the Main Battery reload time reduced from 75% to 50%.
The changes follow the strengths of the French destroyer, which is capable of quickly overwhelming enemy destroyers, due to high speed and great damage per second from the Main Battery The new features allow Le Terrible, even without the consumable"Main Battery Reload Booster", to effectively fight with other classes, benefiting from torpedoes and the main battery.

And i'm saying that as a player who has Worcester in port ( that was too much and might still need a nerf in survivability, especially in the citadel departement) now and is sitting on 800k of free exp and 150k of coal ( so will buy alaska as soon as it is released). The le terrible changes are exactly what i was hoping them to be, so that the ship is less about the burst damage and more about constant dpm

• Cool 2

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

I'm only at Cleveland, but wasn't Seattle considered a Cleve sidegrade, and generally perceived as a not-so-good tier 9? 

I perfectly understand the logic behind the radar nerf on Worcester though, but this will affect Seattle perf even more.

[TTT]
Players
3,599 posts
7,459 battles
2 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I'm only at Cleveland, but wasn't Seattle considered a Cleve sidegrade, and generally perceived as a not-so-good tier 9? 

I perfectly understand the logic behind the radar nerf on Worcester though, but this will affect Seattle perf even more.

I suppose it would have felt really weird to have the radar range go up and then down again... maybe Seattle will eventually get some love in other forms though, who knows

• Cool 2

[_MIA_]
Players
2,921 posts
5,350 battles
2 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Well, they nerfed Roon too when they nerfed Hindenburg, which was kind of a joke imo.

IMO its fine, so it can be spotted without being able to instantly use Radar. Also Seattle can slot Range or Reload module which Cleveland cant.

• Cool 1

Players
1,369 posts
6,125 battles

"The range of the Surveillance Radar has been reduced from 9.45 and 9.9 km to 9 km for both ships.

The main reason for the changes is that these cruisers, which have a significant difference between the radius of visibility and the range of the Surveillance Radar, are extremely effective hunters of destroyers. Taking into account the presence of HE shells and rapid reload, a destroyer caught in the radius of the consumable, practically loses any chance to leave the area, and is likely to be sunk. The decreasing of the radius of Detection range all the same will leave Seattle and Worcester decent fighters, but will give a chance to the destroyer to take evasive action, spot the ship ahead of him, and to get away from the area of the Surveillance Radar."

No S*** WG, how did you not see that one coming :Smile_facepalm: Because we all did. 

But i suppose GG WG for correcting something that we all knew was a problem to begin with.  

Edited by Redcap375

[SCRUB]
Players
676 posts
7,178 battles

The Seattle is still meh though, it could use a little something. Imho it could use a little more range or SLIGHTLY better ROF. It dies quickly as it should but its ability to deal damage is somewhat limited.  I do love the changes though and it seems the balancing department has stepped up their game. 

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
123 posts
3,015 battles
15 ore fa, Flavio1997 ha scritto:

Wg I have to say, that at last, you are starting to hearing our complains and you are making up your mind, the changes in the last dev blog are imho really good and heading towards a good direction:

Rivela contenuti nascosti

T. Balance changes.

American cruiser Alaska, Tier IX.

Increased the number of Hit Points in the internal compartments: bow, casemate, superstructures and stern without changing the total number of Hit Points. The most tangible change is in the casemate of the ship.

Nose: from 3,300 to 3,600;
Casemate: from 7600 to 12600;
Superstructures: from 3500 to 3800;
Feed: from 3900 to 4300.

Because of the low-lying citadel, Alaska is able to avoid a significant amount of damage. This is especially noticeable when compared with other cruisers.

It is not possible to raise the citadel in this case, since the next compartment, which could be utilised, is too high above the waterline, and the armour of the cruiser does not provide sufficient protection. Thus, in order to bring the survivability and other parameters associated with the viability of the ship to the norm at its level, while maintaining the unique elements of the game on the cruiser, it was decided to increase the number of Hit Points in the internal compartments, while the damage received overall will increase slightly.

The range of the Surveillance Radar has been reduced from 9.45 and 9.9 km to 9 km for both ships.

The main reason for the changes is that these cruisers, which have a significant difference between the radius of visibility and the range of the Surveillance Radar, are extremely effective hunters of destroyers. Taking into account the presence of HE shells and rapid reload, a destroyer caught in the radius of the consumable, practically loses any chance to leave the area, and is likely to be sunk. The decreasing of the radius of Detection range all the same will leave Seattle and Worcester decent fighters, but will give a chance to the destroyer to take evasive action, spot the ship ahead of him, and to get away from the area of the Surveillance Radar.

French destroyer Le Terrible, VIII tier.

Main Battery reload time reduced from 6 to 5 seconds;
Visibility from ships reduced from 9.1 to 8.46 km;
Visibility after Main Battery fired in smoke from 3.74 to 3.42;
Changed Main Battery Reload Booster:

Cooldown increased from 120 (80 for Main Battery Reload Booster II) to 150 seconds (100);
Duration increased from 10 to 15 seconds;
Bonus to reduce the Main Battery reload time reduced from 75% to 50%.
The changes follow the strengths of the French destroyer, which is capable of quickly overwhelming enemy destroyers, due to high speed and great damage per second from the Main Battery The new features allow Le Terrible, even without the consumable"Main Battery Reload Booster", to effectively fight with other classes, benefiting from torpedoes and the main battery.

And i'm saying that as a player who has Worcester in port ( that was too much and might still need a nerf in survivability, especially in the citadel departement) now and is sitting on 800k of free exp and 150k of coal ( so will buy alaska as soon as it is released). The le terrible changes are exactly what i was hoping them to be, so that the ship is less about the burst damage and more about constant dpm

Yeah, a really welcome change!

I’m not even a DD player, but Worchester felt so wrong having stealth-radar without drawbacks: Minotaur can stealth-radar, but he has to give up something and the radared DD can angle to bounce AP shells... 

[-GG-]
Players
135 posts
9,881 battles

Ha ha ha.

Logic by WG.

Seattle and Worcester are too good for DD hunting so we will make them not that good at DD hunting (... so maybe they're good at sth else, like bow-on tanking or performing torpedo attacks :cap_like: we will "collet data" on that :cap_fainting:)

Really, competence level of WG devs can be only described with F-word.

A hint from me - Shimakaze is exceptionally good at dealing topedo damage so reduce its range to 3km and maybe she will fill another role and replace Khaba as a gunboat - who knows :Smile_teethhappy:

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[5D]
Players
232 posts
10,442 battles

Worcester nerf was needed, this is better than nerfing the concealment. Will still be a strong ship and have no issues doing damage and impacting the game

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,978 battles
29 minutes ago, radius77 said:

Ha ha ha.

Logic by WG.

Seattle and Worcester are too good for DD hunting so we will make them not that good at DD hunting (... so maybe they're good at sth else, like bow-on tanking or performing torpedo attacks :cap_like: we will "collet data" on that :cap_fainting:)

A hint from me - Shimakaze is exceptionally good at dealing topedo damage so reduce its range to 3km and maybe she will fill another role and replace Khaba as a gunboat - who knows :Smile_teethhappy:

wut? worcester is quite op as it is now

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,369 posts
6,125 battles
44 minutes ago, radius77 said:

Ha ha ha.

Logic by WG.

Lets be honest here.  The shimmy ONLY has it's torps going for it at the moment.  If any DD has fell from grace, that one has. 

The Worcester still has it's "tanky for a light cruiser" troll armour, Fast rate of fire that shreds dd's, Over-the-hill daka daka you cant see me, AA of CV death and consumables coming out of it's ears.....The Shimmy has torps. 

Of all the Tier 10 cruisers, i find this the hardest to Cit when full broadside (Henry close second) :Smile_amazed: Not bad for a light cruiser. 

It was only a matter of time before they swung the nerf bat at it, just like the Conq. Hanu will be next. 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,235 posts
7,072 battles

FINALY.

But what about Belfast? :cap_yes:

P.S. Now I am glad I went for Zao to prepare for next Clan Battle Season instead of Worcester. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
1,373 battles

Sensible changes, should be noted they did the same to the new tier 8 US premium cruiser who's name escapes me at the moment, that also initially had more radar range than it's concealment.

I am presuming the Alaska changes just prevent damage saturation from happening later? rather than the ship just taking more damage? 

Le Terrible changes seem logical, it needed more gun power beyond the gimmicky reload booster, it's a ship I am looking to pick up I reckon, but was not impressed by it's initial stats. 

[BGBRD]
Players
162 posts
8,569 battles
26 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

But what about Belfast? :cap_yes:

Nurfing premium ship... 

tenor.gif?itemid=12042931

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,235 posts
7,072 battles
1 minute ago, OTECa1 said:

Nurfing premium ship... 

tenor.gif?itemid=12042931

They could just say it's a global nerf because they are removing the ability to radar as soon as spotted (unintentional bug like stealthfire right? :Smile_smile:)

[ETD5]
Players
195 posts
1,453 battles
9 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

They could just say it's a global nerf because they are removing the ability to radar as soon as spotted (unintentional bug like stealthfire right? :Smile_smile:)

Well, WG is reworking radar mechanics.

[BGBRD]
Players
162 posts
8,569 battles
7 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

This might actually work... the smoke can counter the effect, but if its global... that also means that ships like the USSR and USN cruiser lose the radar (they can't go unspotted so easy). But interesting Idea non the less.

[-BR-]
Players
18 posts
2,531 battles

they could just nerf the radar to JUST under the ships detection range like every other ship... taking the Worcester all the way down to 9km radar seems a bit far  its not like its got a 14km radar

Players
3,272 posts
6,864 battles
1 hour ago, Redcap375 said:

The Worcester still has it's "tanky for a light cruiser" troll armour

You know "light" refers to guns, not armor? You can have cruiser with Wurst grade protection, but armed with 150mm guns and it still would qualify as "light" cruiser.

Players
4 posts
3,130 battles

So now you can be permaspotted by a dd in a Worcester and you get shot by whole enemy team and ur game ends in 5 minutes right. Why dont they nerf those stupid Japanese dds with 0,1 sec reloads. Why is Worcester radar gonna be worse than Des Moines, they probably had the same radar equipment. It is so easy to dodge Worcester shells and leave radar range if use WASD hacks. Somewhat dumb nerf.

Players
1,421 posts
10,081 battles
On 3/10/2018 at 7:45 PM, DFens_666 said:

IMO its fine, so it can be spotted without being able to instantly use Radar. Also Seattle can slot Range or Reload module which Cleveland cant.

Nerfing seattle radar was unecessary except may be wierd to have radar range go up, then down.

For me the short range on Seattle always felt like an advantage, not a problem. You are allowed to use all sorts of positions with open lines of sight to camping BBs and still stealthshoot any target as long as you keep it behind a small island. A Worchester trying the same gets detected and annihilated.

On 4/10/2018 at 11:08 AM, Rhys566 said:

Worcester nerf was needed, this is better than nerfing the concealment. Will still be a strong ship and have no issues doing damage and impacting the game

This.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,704 posts
13,143 battles
On 10/3/2018 at 7:40 PM, elblancogringo said:

It's not even a sidegrade. Literally your only advantage is heal and the T9 upgrade slot. Everything else is either the same or worse.

Seattle is a straight up downgrade I can wholeheartedly recommend people to skip.

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
1 hour ago, Kamatahvel said:

So now you can be permaspotted by a dd in a Worcester and you get shot by whole enemy team and ur game ends in 5 minutes right. Why dont they nerf those stupid Japanese dds with 0,1 sec reloads. Why is Worcester radar gonna be worse than Des Moines, they probably had the same radar equipment. It is so easy to dodge Worcester shells and leave radar range if use WASD hacks. Somewhat dumb nerf.

Dumb nerf? Seriously?

Because the ability to spot any DD by pressing one button as soon as you are spotted isn't dumb?

The radar range should never exceed the detectability range, even though it can be understandable for pan-A DDs.

Other radar cruisers can also be permaspotted by DDs. What is the problem? Worcester should also take a slight concealment nerf in addition imo.

Players
4 posts
3,130 battles
29 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Dumb nerf? Seriously?

Because the ability to spot any DD by pressing one button as soon as you are spotted isn't dumb?

The radar range should never exceed the detectability range, even though it can be understandable for pan-A DDs.

Other radar cruisers can also be permaspotted by DDs. What is the problem? Worcester should also take a slight concealment nerf in addition imo.

How about radar Minotaur? 8.9 concealment 9.9 radar. Why wont we nerf that ship then? Concealment nerf, as if increase the range of concealment? Thing is, why nerf a ship, it good at countering dds. How many times dds in ur team get torped 3 minutes into game and a Worcester is the only one who has the means to counter it? I am happy i got the means to help my team, not so much in future. I see it would be more plausible to sail a Hindenburg every other game, spam he and do nothing, just stack up damage and loose every other game. All u guys cry is radar here and radar there. You think radar ships dont get focused, to destroy a dd u must be full broadside in Worcester to have any effect while whole enemy team shoots at you. The ship was fine, now it is going to be another Des Moines, Des Moines with no armor and terrible firing angles. Cant have variety.