Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cmdr_Venom

Unballanced Match making + longrange radars

19 comments in this topic

[-OLY-]
Players
12 posts
2,887 battles

helloo iam playing this game for a whille and i realy wanne say somthing, first of all how the hell you can make long range radar on tier 9 and 10 ships its realy destroying the game for DD'S my grantfather whas in the world war 2 and 100% there where not long range radars if you wanne make this game similar to the world war 1&2 do it better becaus this tier 9 and 10 dont make any sence at all al i know alot of poeple complaining about it and realy destroy's the fun of this game for alot of poeple 2de horrible matach making thingy tier 8 ship and you end up against tier 9 or 10 ain fair does it? i mean its like racing with you golf 5 against a freaking ferrari aint fair also if you get my point!! game is anoyble but that fracking [edited] on tier 9 or 10 you forcing poeple to stick around in tier 7 becaus its more ballanced 50 50 chance!! @MrConway

• Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[-OLY-]
Players
12 posts
2,887 battles

that they need to fixx that crap, it dont make any sence, thats what the forums are for, and like he said more topic's are opened with the same kinda issue sooo SAYS ENOUGH  right

• Bad 2

[_MIA_]
Players
2,944 posts
5,366 battles

If you like T7 more, why dont play that? Who is forcing you to play T8 or higher? A game should be about fun, if its undesirable for you, then dont play hightiers.

Even if you would remove Radar, hightier gameplay would still be boring as hell - imo even more so...

Also, this game is not about reallife, so forget that right away.

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
15 minutes ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

more topic's are opened with the same kinda issue sooo SAYS ENOUGH  right

There are 1514651651361655 threads (which is 55425163-times more then radar-threads) which are BUFF BBs MOAR !!1. So I guess...BUFF BBs MOAR!!11.

AND NOW USE THE ALREADY EXISTING THREAD!

[-OLY-]
Players
12 posts
2,887 battles

dude did i say i would like tier 7 better you are not getting the point do you? its destroying the game on tier 9 and 10 mabye for you it isnt becaus you are bigg fan of thos long range radars and camping to ? wont be a suprise tho dont want to get the radar removed but long range radar dont make any sence for alot of ships specialy the dd's this game is build similar to the world war 1 and 2 soo before you say this game aint about realy life its not but again its similar to and thats not even it LMAo

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
1 minute ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

not gone happen keap open a topic new one afther new one belive me!!!!!

Yea you right... here is what you should do: Open 15, better 20 threads about it. Also, spread them across every subforum - you find the overview here. https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/118-forum/ dont mind if it says something like "Deutschsprachige Community" or "Comunidad de habla española". They need your posts even more there.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TTT]
Players
3,608 posts
7,459 battles
28 minutes ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

my grantfather whas in the world war 2 and 100% there where not long range radars if you wanne make this game similar to the world war 1&2 do it better

omegalul :cat_bubble:

• Funny 5

[-OLY-]
Players
12 posts
2,887 battles

lol mabye thats a idea indeed, but if there are sooo many topic about this radar [edited], why the hell they dont do any thing about than?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,944 posts
5,366 battles
5 minutes ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

dude did i say i would like tier 7 better you are not getting the point do you? its destroying the game on tier 9 and 10 mabye for you it isnt becaus you are bigg fan of thos long range radars and camping to ? wont be a suprise tho dont want to get the radar removed but long range radar dont make any sence for alot of ships specialy the dd's this game is build similar to the world war 1 and 2 soo before you say this game aint about realy life its not but again its similar to and thats not even it LMAo

27 minutes ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

you forcing poeple to stick around in tier 7 becaus its more ballanced 50 50 chance!!

- You say T8 MM is horrible, and hightier longrange radar is " realy destroying the game for DD'S "

- You say T7 is more balanced

Thus concluding = play T7.

What is your endgame here? Do you receive some special rewards by playing/reaching T10? Why are you mad because i say you should have fun playing the game? I dont like to play hightiers either, thus i dont play so much hightiers myself :fish_book:

Games need balancing, thats why we dont need this "But IRL it was like this" nonsense.

1 minute ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

lol mabye thats a idea indeed, but if there are sooo many topic about this radar [edited], why the hell they dont do any thing about than?

Seattle and Worcester are receiving nerfs to their Radar as we speak (nerfed range to 9km on both)

And what is your so called solution to radar then? Ppl want lots of stuff - most of which is utter nonsense. If WG would listen to the loudest, we would be playing World of Battleships by now.

[-OLY-]
Players
12 posts
2,887 battles

dfrens iam not mad it only make no sence with those long range radars, and the match making is indeed HORRIBLE playing tier 8 but you have to go up against what tier 9 and 10 and fair nothing is fair about that!!! plus if you end up against tier 9 and 10 you have to deal with them damm radar boats

[_MIA_]
Players
2,944 posts
5,366 battles
2 minutes ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

dfrens iam not mad it only make no sence with those long range radars, and the match making is indeed HORRIBLE playing tier 8 but you have to go up against what tier 9 and 10 and fair nothing is fair about that!!! plus if you end up against tier 9 and 10 you have to deal with them damm radar boats

Oh, i know :cap_tea:

22.jpg.d486bfc58a138f7269e692f011bb98e7.jpg

Its my most played tier.

You should play some of those radar ships yourself, and you will see that they arent invincible monters. Also Radar doesnt kill you by itself.

Ill tell you why i think Radar is needed:

CVs should have been the spotter class in WoWs. But WG didnt get the basics right, so CVs are a niche class and you dont encounter them too often on hightiers. If there would be enough CVs, DDs could get spotted by them, thus having a counter to their concealment. Now we have Radar, so when your teams DDs are dead, you still have a chance to spot/kill the enemy DD.

Radar might seem unfair when you are not so good DD player, but we need Radar to keep the Unicum DD player in check. Without Radar, they could litereally do whatever they want, since they will be so good that they wont get detected. They only have to get rid of the enemies DD first - and thats not so hard task when you are the better player.

Good players can work around radar, but they are still limited in their actions.

[SC-]
Players
2 posts
3,717 battles

I think Cmdtr venom has a point.

1st of all there is an intent to be realistic (look at all of the shell trajectory and penetration work).

And 2nd, it is tough for tier 8 dds to play in those match ups, when there is a lot of radar on top.

I am not a good player, at best average on a good day, but I can see that this is making out lives very difficult, without any counter weapons (at the tip of our striking range).

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles
22 minutes ago, Andybeca said:

And 2nd, it is tough for tier 8 dds to play in those match ups, when there is a lot of radar on top.

DD is easiest tier8 class to be in tierX match. Just improve your play, it wont get easier with tierX DD.

• Cool 3

Players
289 posts
812 battles

i remember encountering Radar for the first time in my Gaede. (the first few games were top tier)

my god was i not prepared never been erased from a game so quickly. taught me a valuable lesson to not stay in smokes early game at tiers 7+

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Players
586 posts
7,657 battles
23 minutes ago, Andybeca said:

I think Cmdtr venom has a point.

1st of all there is an intent to be realistic (look at all of the shell trajectory and penetration work).

I am not a good player, at best average on a good day, but I can see that this is making out lives very difficult, without any counter weapons (at the tip of our striking range).

1 hour ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

You guys have reached tier 8. Congratulations.

Now the real fun begins and the men get seperated from the boys.

If you can manage in a T8 against T10 you have what it takes, if you don't it means there are still some things to learn.

So maybe go back a tier or two and improve your game knowledge, your skills and your situational awareness.

Ofcourse it is tough to play against two tiers above, but it isnt impossible.

If carefully played you can actually do quite well against higher tiers (xp-wise) since killing a Tier 10 with a tier 8 gives a lot of xp.

Last but not least: Deal with it. The game is designed this way. If you play with tier 5 against tier 7 you have the exact same problem. 

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,891 posts
2,152 battles
14 hours ago, Cmdr_Venom said:

helloo iam playing this game for a whille and i realy wanne say somthing, first of all how the hell you can make long range radar on tier 9 and 10 ships its realy destroying the game for DD'S my grantfather whas in the world war 2 and 100% there where not long range radars if you wanne make this game similar to the world war 1&2 do it better becaus this tier 9 and 10 dont make any sence at all al i know alot of poeple complaining about it and realy destroy's the fun of this game for alot of poeple 2de horrible matach making thingy tier 8 ship and you end up against tier 9 or 10 ain fair does it? i mean its like racing with you golf 5 against a freaking ferrari aint fair also if you get my point!! game is anoyble but that fracking [edited] on tier 9 or 10 you forcing poeple to stick around in tier 7 becaus its more ballanced 50 50 chance!! @MrConway

Arguing historical accuracy only works if the facts are on your side, if you read up on radar in WW2 you'll see that historically the ranges were much much longer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_in_World_War_II

Radar is an issue at the moment and we are looking into some solutions to it in general - stay tuned.

Please also take note of the radar discussion thread here and do not start new posts about the topic.

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/103877-radar-discussion-megathread/ 

• Cool 2