Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aboomination

Climate change in WoWS

31 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,953 battles
5 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ssooo... You saying that we're gonna get tides and erosion next? :cap_hmm:

tide.jpg.9cef12e035fa6afd622b690785451a86.jpg

....and pirates

Waterworld-640x376.jpg

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,595 battles
5 hours ago, aboomination said:

....and pirates

AWESOME!!! :cap_like:

:fish_viking::Smile_izmena:

+YARR!:cap_viking: Damn, now you dunnit. I just remembered something we made for last Midsommer Fest. I'll share..:

yarr.jpg.1dd0a8da8209dc2c909e28accdb5b929.jpg

We made some (36 liters) of MEAD for everyone in addition to the more traditional punch bowl. Bottle label shown above, the attached operating instructions (back label in each bottle) below (it had a bit of pressure so this was necessary - Trust me on that one). We had fun, hope you enjoy it too. Hehehe! :cap_horn:

Operating Instructions:

Please, at all times, keep in mind that the contents of this bottle should be considered the most explosive substance known to man, bar a nuclear bomb. So handle it with care!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NEVER!:

1)       Shake the bottle, this could cause the bottle to explode (yes really) and quite possibly kill all life known to man within the circumference of several hundred kilometers.

2)      Place it in a horizontal position, this will allow the contents to shake more and cause the cork to fly off with the speed of sound along with the entire contents of the bottle.

3)       Just “POP” the cork open, this will cause entire contents of the bottle to instantly “boil” over giving you effective, high pressure face&body wash and also removing all plaster from and thus causing a permanent stain on your kitchen ceiling.

WHAT TO DO, OH WHAT TO DO?:

1)       ALWAYS transport the bottle upright and without shaking, just as you would bottles of Nitroglycerine. Keep in mind, the contents of this are much more dangerous.

2)      Store it in the fridge (not on the door though, as it would be shaken) for a couple of days before consumption to ensure maximum enjoyment (it has to be drunk cold).

3)       Open the cork VERY gently, while pressing it firmly against the bottle, use both hands, if necessary. Loosen the grip a tad at the time to let the pressure out in small increments, this will take 5-7 minutes, when done correctly. The longer time you take the larger proportion of the contents will remain in the bottle. Always remember, the Mead has a will of its own, it WANTS to fly back to its master (and on your face)!

PS. Only 2 bottles actually exploded, the rest were successfully defused and consumed peaceably. Looking Forward to next year's bash already. :cap_win:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
620 posts
5,671 battles

I had Mead for the first time recently, at a medieval battle thing I went to near Perth. It was really, really nice and I ended up buying a bottle for home. The problem is it's so easy to drink and moreish, I've had to force myself to forget it's in the cabinet.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,595 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I had Mead for the first time recently, at a medieval battle thing I went to near Perth. It was really, really nice and I ended up buying a bottle for home. The problem is it's so easy to drink and moreish, I've had to force myself to forget it's in the cabinet.

Yupp, it is fairly deceptive in that it goes down very (or much too) easily so there is a tendency to drink too much too quickly with quite definite and predictable consequences. During the event we had to limit distribution to 1 bottle per every 2 people at first, due to the fact that everyone who got 1 exclusively for himself (they were in 75cl bottles), suddenly tended to drop off afterwards.:fish_sleep:

It was actually only 20% strong I swear. Perhaps it was it was all them fancy bubbles then?:cap_hmm:

But the stuff is quite popular, we were left with nothing since the remaining bottles were carted off by the survivors at the end early next morning. Planning to make a new batch for X-Mas & New Year (we give them out as presents to dedicated fans on occasions) and then again for next Midsommer. It is traditional after all. :cap_viking:

• Cool 1

Players
3,267 posts
6,860 battles
55 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yupp, it goes down very (or much too) easily. During the event we had to limit distribution to 1 bottle per every 2 people at first, due to the fact that everyone who got 1 exclusively for himself (they were in 75cl bottles), suddenly tended to drop off afterwards.:fish_sleep: It was only 20% strong I swear. Perhaps it was it was all them fancy bubbles then?:cap_hmm:

But the stuff is quite popular, we were left with nothing since the remaining bottles were carted off by the survivors at the end early next morning. Planning to make a new batch for X-Mas & New Year (we give them out as presents to dedicated fans on occasion) and then again for next Midsommer. It is traditional after all. :cap_viking:

20% alcohol content is rather strong for a mead, most Siema available meads have up to 15-16% for highest honey content ones.

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,595 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

20% alcohol content is rather strong for a mead, most Siema available meads have up to 15-16% for highest honey content ones.

True true... That was indeed our original aim too, but somehow it "slipped" a bit both in terms of strength and pressure - I blame Global Warming. So that's what we ended up with. However it tasted great (the bit that wasn't immediately shot to the ceiling at least) and proved not to give you instant diarrhea or a horrible headache either, so we kinda stuck with the recipe from then on (we've been making it that way for 12 years now). Did try once with lesser bubbles too, but folks wanted to see it flying so we returned back to excessive pressurization too. Apparently it is more "Festive" that way and of course you will get the occasional free facewash... :cap_like:

AND ANYWAY, IT'S MORE PIRATE-Y THADDA-WAY !!:Smile_izmena:

JACK.jpg.a2242af3a27445f0973d0c87f0c35111.jpg

Hehehe!  There was no way to resist that one, sorry:Smile_bajan2:

Players
380 posts
6,968 battles

So.. there is hope?

I hate those islands. Either they block the line of sight (mine, not the enemy's), or they appear out of nowhere and I run aground (they don't even all show up on the minimap) or they ruin the battle formation (which turns the battle into a chaotic shambles that the enemy readily takes advantages of)...

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,698 posts
13,138 battles

I love how this thread turned from pure troll informative content to a discussion about alcohol.

• Funny 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I love how this thread turned from pure troll informative content to a discussion about alcohol.

Life is ALWAYS about alcohol :cap_tea:

Besides, mead is just a very nice drink! :cap_old:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
58 posts
2,264 battles
30 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Life is ALWAYS about alcohol :cap_tea:

Sweet lady liquor, who makes life more bearable, I toast thee. :cap_tea:

Players
289 posts
812 battles
3 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Allow me to contribute to the warming :cap_haloween:

image.thumb.png.ea93711d9bb245eb0cb6413837102f5c.png

why does that ship look like several are fused together like the thing?

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles
50 minutes ago, BrigadierRosen said:

why does that ship look like several are fused together like the thing?

GLORIOUS GERMAN SECONDARIES.

Also

57 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Allow me to contribute to the warming :cap_haloween:

image.thumb.png.ea93711d9bb245eb0cb6413837102f5c.png

Yamato technically turns fuel into CO2 faster historically, so we need 24 Yamatos all going at full steam(not to mention the damage caused by mining and processing’s enough steel for all that ) that said, spamming pirius will still probably ruin the environment more then all that cause how the metal for the batteries are sourced.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,228 posts
6,322 battles
9 hours ago, aboomination said:

...and pirates

OH god imagine this cassualy sailing your kurfurst and some schnelboats from behind an island appear with somalian raiders on them boarding your ship. :cap_rambo:

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
3,671 posts
12,833 battles
9 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

It was actually only 20% strong I swear. Perhaps it was it was all them fancy bubbles then?:cap_hmm:

Mead with BUBBLES??????? What kind of sacrileg is that? I never had any bubbling mead, and I had lots of it, when I was still doing viking re-enactment as a hobby (many years ago...)

AFAIK there's at least two different basic setups to make mead. One delivers something more beer-ish (hence the bubbles, I guess) while the other results in a more wine-like version (without bubbles, more like some heavy wine... Port or Tokay...) with a kind of oily consistency. Starts with choosing the yeast, I guess...

• Cool 1

Players
250 posts
1,332 battles

With all this talk of pirates and mead, it'l be at least a week before this particular earworm leaves me alone :Smile_teethhappy: \m/

@RAHJAILARI I would definitely agree that, figuratively speaking, mead is the bomb, but had no idea it was so easy to make that literally the case too ;-)

• Cool 1

Players
560 posts

It's all those perma burning BB's that cause this World of Warships pixel global warming. Heating up the atmosphere and spewing out CO2's.

Islands of Ice will have to be renamed Ocean in the next 20 virtual reality years.

8WehIvI.jpg

• Funny 2

Players
203 posts
10 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yupp, it is fairly deceptive in that it goes down very (or much too) easily so there is a tendency to drink too much too quickly with quite definite and predictable consequences. During the event we had to limit distribution to 1 bottle per every 2 people at first, due to the fact that everyone who got 1 exclusively for himself (they were in 75cl bottles), suddenly tended to drop off afterwards.:fish_sleep:

But the stuff is quite popular, we were left with nothing since the remaining bottles were carted off by the survivors at the end early next morning. Planning to make a new batch for X-Mas & New Year (we give them out as presents to dedicated fans on occasions) and then again for next Midsommer. It is traditional after all. :cap_viking:

One of my suppliers came from Taiwan to meet me last week and he brought a bottle of Omar Cask Strength (56% alcohol) Taiwanese Whiskey and it’s delicious: starts off very sweet and then gives a fiery kick once your oesophagus is exposed to the fire water 

[ONE2]
Players
2,309 posts
13,595 battles
2 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Mead with BUBBLES??????? What kind of sacrileg is that? I never had any bubbling mead, and I had lots of it, when I was still doing viking re-enactment as a hobby (many years ago...)

AFAIK there's at least two different basic setups to make mead. One delivers something more beer-ish (hence the bubbles, I guess) while the other results in a more wine-like version (without bubbles, more like some heavy wine... Port or Tokay...) with a kind of oily consistency. Starts with choosing the yeast, I guess...

Yupp, but we wanted something different. So what we came up with turned out to be BOTH strong and bubbly too.:cap_haloween: Used Champagne Yeast for that. :cap_like:

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,693 battles

I love a good Whiskey! 
Never tried Mead. Those kind of drinks are not embedded in our culture. 

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,260 posts
7,953 battles
16 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

our culture

I always thought you were from the UK :cap_hmm:

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts