Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caljostro

Clarification please: will we keep exp on unlocked RN destroyers when they turn tech tree ships ?

8 comments in this topic

[UN]
Weekend Tester
812 posts
18,947 battles

So we just had a discussion in a stream where the streamer claimed that -unlike the French bb- the grinded exp on the British "currently 'premium'"dd will not transfer over to their tech tree counterparts.

Could an official WG employée please enlighten us. Thank you.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,858 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, Caljostro sagte:

So we just had a discussion in a stream where the streamer claimed that -unlike the French bb- the grinded exp on the British "currently 'premium'"dd will not transfer over to their tech tree counterparts.

from the announcement:

Zitat

Please note that the destroyers will be credited in their base configuration with their modules completely researched and purchased, but you won't be able to research the next ship in the branch in Update 0.7.9. You can only accumulate the experience necessary to research the next ship and unlock it once Update 0.7.10 is released.

• Cool 3

[NED]
Players
4,018 posts
10,852 battles
3 hours ago, Klopirat said:

<Snip>

It's still not clear what will happen with the xp already accumulated. I wouldn't mind any way but I'd like to know if it'll be reset or not.

[VAR]
Players
598 posts
7,669 battles

Cant say I remember it being reset before, just the ships changing status from Premium to silver ...

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,970 posts
4,957 battles
4 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Cant say I remember it being reset before, just the ships changing status from Premium to silver ...

Pretty much this, remember that losing elite status also makes them need their own cap.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
479 posts
8,541 battles
1 hour ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

That's what happened with the French BB's. If you had enough xp on the ship, you could immediately unlock the next, otherwise you would need to accumulate the xp if for example the ship hadn't been played much.

[DAVY]
Players
245 posts
7,182 battles
20 hours ago, Klopirat said:

from the announcement:

20 hours ago, Klopirat said:

You can only accumulate the experience necessary to research the next ship and unlock it once Update 0.7.10 is released.

It is specifically that sentence I find to be confusing.

It can be read as "you can accumulate the XP once the update is released and unlock it once the update is released."

or as

"you can accumulate the XP (now) and unlock it once the update is released."

It is not clear if the "once the update is released" applies to both main clauses or just to the latter.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,123 posts
2,189 battles

Mr Conway has just posted in another thread, Accumulated XP on RN DD's will remain after the tech tree is released

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this