You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Malfuss

No Spotting XP

10 comments in this topic

Players
276 posts
3,409 battles

For those who don't want to check the link, basically 2 players on opposing teams playing CV got zero XP despite having spotted ships/planes etc. Now I thought that he was just imagining it but the 3rd screenshot clearly shows he has 40k+ of 'Damage upon your spotting' but received no XP at the end of the match.

Do we not actually receive spotting XP, are the ribbons only for fun? Or were they penalised due to not doing anything else to qualify for XP?

Please note this isn't a question regarding their other actions during the match, just whether we get spotting XP or not. I'm hoping it's not classed as naming and shaming as the player actually posted the screenshot.
  • Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,819 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, Malfuss sagte:

For those who don't want to check the link, basically 2 players on opposing teams playing CV got zero XP despite having spotted ships/planes etc. Now I thought that he was just imagining it but the 3rd screenshot clearly shows he has 40k+ of 'Damage upon your spotting' but received no XP at the end of the match.

Do we not actually receive spotting XP, are the ribbons only for fun? Or were they penalised due to not doing anything else to qualify for XP?

Please note this isn't a question regarding their other actions during the match, just whether we get spotting XP or not. I'm hoping it's not classed as naming and shaming as the player actually posted the screenshot.

my guess:

the credits/XP income was set to zero because the system detected both CVs as afk. Not a single plane kill? very unlikely in a normal honest game....

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
74 posts
5,899 battles

I had my T6 IJN CV set up for air superiority. 3x fighters 1x torps 1x bombs.

Kept enemy CV planes away from allied ships, spoted enemy ships all the time.

I end up XPwise almost as AFK player.

Spotting xp is totally broken.   

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,647 posts
13,071 battles

It's not exactly a secret that spotting rewards are practically nonexistent.

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
Players
2,005 posts
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It's not exactly a secret that spotting rewards are practically nonexistent.

Though in this case it appears to be ACTUALLY nonexistent to the point of zero.

Other circumstances ignored of course.

It's just more evidence that the whole scoring system needs a significant overhaul as in effect the only thing that scores is damage so playing selfishly is actively encouraged.

• Cool 4

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,187 posts
10,969 battles
Vor 46 Minuten, BeauNidl3 sagte:

Though in this case it appears to be ACTUALLY nonexistent to the point of zero.

Other circumstances ignored of course.

It's just more evidence that the whole scoring system needs a significant overhaul as in effect the only thing that scores is damage so playing selfishly is actively encouraged.

In this case, both CVs definitely deserved their 0xp. Look at the screenshots in the link. 0 plane kills on both teams. It's not that they couldn't do anything. They didn't even try!

Teamplay needs better rewards, but this is not a good example.

Players
276 posts
3,409 battles

Someone PM'd me with this which explains it I guess

Important part to note is:

NBwcBlp.png

He himself confirms they were hit with the AFK thing, which set their credits and XP to "0".

What's interesting, is that the OP moved over 26km, but why was he still marked as AFK? Is it because they did no damage at all?

11 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

In this case, both CVs definitely deserved their 0xp. Look at the screenshots in the link. 0 plane kills on both teams. It's not that they couldn't do anything. They didn't even try!

Teamplay needs better rewards, but this is not a good example.

Yeah, someone did post about that but edited his post soon after.

• Cool 1