Zen71_sniper

Henri IV cpt skills

11 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
588 posts
13,954 battles

Hello all, 

After they added MBRB on Henri, I find it quite good and a joy to play. I need an advice on build, currently I have:

1. PT

2. EM + AR

3. SI + DE

4. CE

And have four points left. I was thinking maybe RL to use it as a DD hunter, but Henri IV is too clumsy to do that, specially early in game. AFT is also not that attractive as there are not enough CVs to justify it.

Any suggestions?

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,762 battles
3 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Hello all, 

After they added MBRB on Henri, I find it quite good and a joy to play. I need an advice on build, currently I have:

1. PT

2. EM + AR

3. SI + DE

4. CE

And have four points left. I was thinking maybe RL to use it as a DD hunter, but Henri IV is too clumsy to do that, specially early in game. AFT is also not that attractive as there are not enough CVs to justify it.

Any suggestions?

Drop DE, the 2% you get are less than a 10% improvement, grab JoaT and Vigilance. The first is great for consumables, you have a boat load of them now. The second helps against the fact that you are a clumsy boat and turn slowly, so spotting torps is a priority.

The remaining two points can be used for PM and EL, as you want to keep the guns firing at all times.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,763 posts
6,397 battles

Or just take IFHE for your four last points.

Simply because it get past the threshold of 50mm and can pen german BB reliably, and Moskva/Stalingrad plating. Which I found becomes quite interesting by now. Especially combined with MBR which can get you some nasty salvoes + fire on BBs.

[ZEN]
Players
104 posts
16,258 battles

Of all the tier 10 ships currently in the game, this is the one which appeals the least to me. 

Can anyone who has some experience with her, paint a brief picture here of what she is like? 

I really like the French ships in general, with Charles Martel, Dunkerque, De Grasse, République and Aigle being my favourites...

... yet whenever I take a closer look at this Henri IV cruiser, it feels underwhelming, especially when thinking of competitors like Hindenburg (strong & sturdy) and Zao (agile fire-setter). 

Or is that just my, maybe wrong, gut feeling? 

What is she good at / strong with? 

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
7,763 posts
6,397 battles

Before adding the Main Battery Reload Booster, I would actually agree with you. She was "meh" at best, with the only redeeming feature of being very fast with strong AP and decent HE. Basically she was only good in endgame, at capturing and recapturing objective while using her HP pool and decent artillery, and sometimes outrunning destroyers (seriously, using hydro and speed boost allowed me to do some hilarious yolo on smokes while the poor DD was panicking).

Now that she got the MBR, she's actually very, very strong. That single consumable got multiple uses and makes her quite nasty.

I'd say she's a ship that have a gameplay in between the Moskva and the Zao. You use speed and range to spam HE and support your team wherever it is needed. And you use the MBR every time you see an opportunity : AP on broadside cruisers or even sometimes BBs (can really melt a BB HP fast in the right circumstances), guaranteeing several fires with 4 high damage HE salvoes to force a DCP or the opposite, to take advantage of a DCP being used, deleting a cruiser in an ambush, trying to finish a low-HP ship, shooting AP at Minotaurs... (240mm overmatch Minotaur, which makes her the best Mino predator)

I think the MBR gave her the flexibility she lacked. The torpedoes were too situational and she lacked burst, having only a decent gunnery and ability to relocate to rely on.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
2,674 posts
9,762 battles
34 minutes ago, Midway67 said:

Let's see:

-Idiotic speed of 43.9kn for 4,5 minutes with speed signal and special upgrade.

-A consumable that drops the reload by 50% for 15s.

-The highest HE alpha and the highest fire chance at tier. (excluding the Stalingrad)

-AP that can citadel BBs under 10km.

Henri IV is not an easy ship to play with, as the strengths often can be used against the ship. You want to stay away from tight spaces and use the range of the guns to your advantage.

I wasn't a great fan of this ship at first, but I have become a true believer. Being able to just cruise around and whack people with 240mm guns feels incredible. Henri IV is like a medieval knight with a huge lance on a fast stallion.

[OCTO]
Players
588 posts
13,954 battles
52 minutes ago, Midway67 said:

Of all the tier 10 ships currently in the game, this is the one which appeals the least to me. 

Can anyone who has some experience with her, paint a brief picture here of what she is like? 

I really like the French ships in general, with Charles Martel, Dunkerque, De Grasse, République and Aigle being my favourites...

... yet whenever I take a closer look at this Henri IV cruiser, it feels underwhelming, especially when thinking of competitors like Hindenburg (strong & sturdy) and Zao (agile fire-setter). 

Or is that just my, maybe wrong, gut feeling? 

It is a bigger Khaba. Same playstyle

[OCTO]
Players
588 posts
13,954 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

Or just take IFHE for your four last points.

Simply because it get past the threshold of 50mm and can pen german BB reliably, and Moskva/Stalingrad plating. Which I found becomes quite interesting by now. Especially combined with MBR which can get you some nasty salvoes + fire on BBs.

I think I will try this. TY. And keep DE for now to compensate. 

[ADRIA]
Players
185 posts
9,498 battles

I have same basic build as you 

1. PT

2. EM + AR

3. SI + DE

4. CE

And I've experimented with last 4 points and decided to go with: preventive maintenance + vigilance. I also tried IFHE but found it to be too situational, it wasn't worth spending 4 points. 

Other useful thing might be AFT as, well at least I tend to spend a lot of time kiting alone in open water, so I'm an easy target for a CV but they are so rare I've decided to go with preventive main. and vigilance. 

[OCTO]
Players
588 posts
13,954 battles
3 hours ago, quickr said:

I have same basic build as you 

1. PT

2. EM + AR

3. SI + DE

4. CE

And I've experimented with last 4 points and decided to go with: preventive maintenance + vigilance. I also tried IFHE but found it to be too situational, it wasn't worth spending 4 points. 

Other useful thing might be AFT as, well at least I tend to spend a lot of time kiting alone in open water, so I'm an easy target for a CV but they are so rare I've decided to go with preventive main. and vigilance. 

I am still experimenting with IFHE, some good games, but as you said it MIGHT be situational. Will decide soon. BTW, anyone with LM experience (Legendary Module)? 

Henri IV.png

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,187 posts
3,152 battles

Go for IFHE. It's the ultimate troll build: youwill never again need to fire AP at anything (exceptions being the flat broadside cruisers at close range), because you are pretty much guaranteed to rickity-reckity-wreck sh1t if you can even as much as just land hits. I mean seriously, you have enough firechance to spare to hardly even notice you specced IFHE, and if you are so inclined you can completely negate the reduction with DE and flags (increase it by 1% over base even). 

Sign in to follow this