You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ForlornSailor

Bug in Cherry Blossom - 5 Star impossible

49 comments in this topic

Players
2,871 posts
5,156 battles

Two days ago we played Cherry Blossom with 6 people. There was talk before, if anyone knows about this bug, that prevents you from getting 5 stars and if its fixed. Apperently, it is not.

Bug: The liberty ships Secondary-task doesnt complete, even everything was as it should be. @MrConway

Reproducable: Obviously yes. We didnt try a second time, but when it happenes on the first try, at least it looks like a high chance of happening.

Quite a dissapointment to get only 4 stars, when you are there to farm and have you best signales mounted... Base XP was lower as it would have been with 5 stars =/

LJGzFQIUwHSRnAZlJkVC.thumb.jpg.473f55f4654f4590414465bf76ded73c.jpg

shot-18_09.30_22_29.22-0142.thumb.jpg.cd0af118713267e1350f5d75e87b5bd7.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

Show more screenshots of the result screen (or replay).

It is not obvious from those two pics why you got 4/5 stars for that mission.

Players
2,871 posts
5,156 battles
1 minute ago, principat121 said:

Well, I was pretty sure I took screen of the 4 star and the result - for some reason, they are not there. Maybe @NothingButTheRain or @Salana_Rok has them?

Anyway - it actually is obvious from the screen, that the Liberty ship quest failed while it should have been a success - both ships on the mimimap, quest still not forfilled, while it should have been ages ago.

Players
1,977 posts
5,911 battles
17 minutes ago, principat121 said:

It is not obvious from those two pics why you got 4/5 stars for that mission.

13 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Well, I was pretty sure I took screen of the 4 star and the result - for some reason, they are not there. Maybe @NothingButTheRain or @Salana_Rok has them?

Anyway - it actually is obvious from the screen, that the Liberty ship quest failed while it should have been a success - both ships on the mimimap, quest still not forfilled, while it should have been ages ago.

@principat121, I'm not sure what you are exactly looking for for the screenshots, but here's the 4 star screen.

shot-18.09.30_21.29.43-0870.jpg

shot-18.09.30_21.29.47-0581.jpg

shot-18.09.30_21.29.49-0280.jpg

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

Now you can reconstruct that the Liberty Ships were the missing star. Yes, you are experienced players, but from your word alone and from the screenshots presented in the opening post you cannot relate what really happened.

Players
1,977 posts
5,911 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

Now you can reconstruct that the Liberty Ships were the missing star. Yes, you are experienced players, but from your word alone and from the screenshots presented in the opening post you cannot relate what really happened.

Yw :Smile_Default:

And I understand your point of view :Smile_Default:. There's too many people claiming the wildest things and swear on their mother's grave that it is obviously and objectively true (even if it's clear brainfart puddle instead of pure gold :Smile-_tongue:).

It wasn't malicious intent or whatever, it's an annoying bug. It's also quite easy to reproduce as it seems to always happen since the 7.9 update. There've been more complaints about this new bug iirc.

• Cool 1

[RBMF]
Players
241 posts
5,901 battles
5 hours ago, principat121 said:

Look at the Minimap, there are two liberty ships running away. Assuming they didn't get sunk after the screenie, then this is a bug. There should be a star for saving those 2 ships from the DDs that spawn at the start.

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
755 posts
4,577 battles

I managed to get 5 stars in this operation on the 31st August 2018.

I think that pre-dates 0.7.9 patch though.

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles

I had no bugs when doing that op the last time it was op of the week (about a month ago I think?)

I had 5 stars several times easily. Is this a bug that appeared with last update?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,906 posts
5,350 battles
3 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Is this a bug that appeared with last update?

Seems so.

Players
2,871 posts
5,156 battles
5 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

I had no bugs when doing that op the last time it was op of the week (about a month ago I think?)

Ye, when it was the operation of the week the last time, it was still ok. Thats why not many people notice it atm. This needs to be fixed before it becomes the OP of the week again - else there will be a sh!tstorm :/

Better add some more attention to this one ... @Crysantos @Tuccy

[AS13]
Players
1,143 posts
1,556 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Ye, when it was the operation of the week the last time, it was still ok. Thats why not many people notice it atm. This needs to be fixed before it becomes the OP of the week again - else there will be a sh!tstorm :/

Better add some more attention to this one ... @Crysantos @Tuccy

How about you just ram them, and give them a push?

I do the same to that Schorszzzz captain to save him (it is also the trick to save Parks).

If you ram them it makes them come to their senses and behave, it seems. 

OrangeGreenEel-size_restricted.gif

Players
1,977 posts
5,911 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I do the same to that Schorszzzz captain to save him (it is also the trick to save Parks).

If you ram them it makes them come to their senses and behave, it seems. 

OrangeGreenEel-size_restricted.gif

I'm willing to try this, if you feel inclined to do so :Smile-_tongue:

Poke me ingame, I got several ships ready to go :Smile_bajan2:

I'm not sure if this is the problem though. I only witnessed this bug once.

[ALONE]
Players
1,292 posts
10,313 battles

2 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Oh nonono. Parks is more stubborn, he goes back for suicide even when has clear path to safety:

:cap_wander:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AS13]
Players
1,143 posts
1,556 battles
1 hour ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm willing to try this, if you feel inclined to do so :Smile-_tongue:

Poke me ingame, I got several ships ready to go :Smile_bajan2:

I'm not sure if this is the problem though. I only witnessed this bug once.

I haven't got any tier 8 yet... :Smile_hiding:

But it will be the first thing I try when I have a suitable ship. I like doing 'tricks'. 

I rammed the Schcorszzzccc into a wall and then smoked it up in the Leander...

And this week we saved parks by just blocking him from going into the minefield... he followed real easy after that... ROFL...

No he didn't we had to block him for a while. 

And on that Op where you have to shoot carrier 'King' I race ahead and get him dead she spawns (use Hood, 4 cits will do fine).

Still have to think of a filthy trick for the OP with the airports, we manage but can't find any shenanigans yet. 

4 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Oh nonono. Parks is more stubborn, he goes back for suicide even when has clear path to safety:

:cap_wander:

We did though... :Smile_medal:

Spoiler

5bb53a1827908_SavedParks1.thumb.jpg.3230a3d3deee220c56dec954901dcc44.jpg5bb53a1ac7ada_SavedParks2.thumb.jpg.47d99d7c7b954c05cbebf01c11937d20.jpg

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,292 posts
10,313 battles
2 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

And this week we saved parks by just blocking him from going into the minefield... he followed real easy after that... ROFL...

No he didn't we had to block him for a while. 

Maybe some latest AI update :cap_hmm:

Flambass also thought that Parks will try to just take the shortest route to Dover, but nope. 

• Funny 2

Players
2,871 posts
5,156 battles
15 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Hm. I wonder. Actually, Im not quite sure what exactly is the problem with them. There isnt any island or so thats stopping them. I saw them moving normaly past us, as they did before. After that, I never really payed attention to them. Its pretty much the easiest star of all of them, usualy a complete given.

Also, the problem is, while I´d go for a try and push them - you are pretty much required to move full speed east, since there are 2 Myokos killing your onshore-installations. And if you dont stop them in time, you lose another star. So this one is tricky xD

Players
1,977 posts
5,911 battles
14 hours ago, EdiJo said:

Maybe some latest AI update :cap_hmm:

Flambass also thought that Parks will try to just take the shortest route to Dover, but nope. 

My guess is that Parks tries to sail towards some spot within the minefield indefinitely, basically yoloing :Smile-_tongue:

1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

Hm. I wonder. Actually, Im not quite sure what exactly is the problem with them. There isnt any island or so thats stopping them. I saw them moving normaly past us, as they did before. After that, I never really payed attention to them. Its pretty much the easiest star of all of them, usualy a complete given.

Also, the problem is, while I´d go for a try and push them - you are pretty much required to move full speed east, since there are 2 Myokos killing your onshore-installations. And if you dont stop them in time, you lose another star. So this one is tricky xD

If this is to be tested out, it'd probably be worth it to take a dedicated group with the sole purpose of trying out this new bug, with no expectations of actually winning (so not using any of the pretty ecocandy stuff with us like dragon flags :Smile-_tongue:).

[COSTS]
Beta Tester
9 posts
11,102 battles

With my clan I tried Cherry Blossom three times this weekend and each time found the bug still exists in the latest patch. The transports are healthy until game end, then one dies causing loss of a star. No enemy bots are close enough to the transport to have hit it.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,906 posts
5,350 battles
1 hour ago, Miesian said:

With my clan I tried Cherry Blossom three times this weekend and each time found the bug still exists in the latest patch. The transports are healthy until game end, then one dies causing loss of a star. No enemy bots are close enough to the transport to have hit it.

Lets try this again :fish_book:

@MrConway@Crysantos

Did you forward this already? Would be a good time to fix it now before it becomes OP of the week again...

[PVE-D]
Players
105 posts
5,756 battles

Can confirm. Yesterday three times Cherry, three times 4 stars only because the Transports secondary task registered as achieved. Some days prior the very same thing. Experienced "transports bug" quota in the past 5 Cherry runs: 100%. So annoying.

[PLAN]
Beta Tester
233 posts
12,000 battles

yes this operation has been bugged for several weeks.

btw sometimes night never ends and the Zaos stay on the map and fight against player team.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,222 posts
11,308 battles

Thanks for highlighting it, we'll check with Devs!

btw. if you have any replays, please share them with me via PM!

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,869 posts
2,152 battles

Guys, we really want to fix this but we need a replay as well as a WGCheck report completed after the battle ended :)