You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

From WoT: "World of Tanks: Flexible Premium Account"

17 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,860 posts
8,086 battles

Hi all,

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/10/01/world-of-tanks-flexible-premium-account/

Ever wanted to use Premium Account only on days you are playing World of Tanks? It doesn’t seem to be far from becoming a reality, as Wargaming is now testing with a few selected players a new flexible Premium Account option.

1537962051-shot-094.png?resize=1024,608&

How does it work? The player buys a bulk of thirty days and each day will only be activated once you play a battle., meaning you will get 24 hours Premium Account only when you play. This could be a really nice way of selling Premium Account to players who just play just a few days a week, or if you are a weekend warrior you can buy more than half year Premium for a very small price.

1537962113-boutique.jpg?resize=1024,561&

What do you think, would you like this implemented and would you use it?

Hmmm... Interesting...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,235 posts
7,072 battles

So you are saying my 472 days of Premiumtime I have left on my account may spread to near infinity? :cap_hmm:

I like it and non paying players won't get as shafted anymore when unlocking premiumtime with a mission or random container just when they are about to leave on Hollydays or something like that.

Yes please WG.

Beta Tester
3,626 posts
6,498 battles
22 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

So you are saying my 472 days of Premiumtime I have left on my account may spread to near infinity?

No. As 472 days of fix premium time will be transfered into something like ~30-50 days of flexible premium time.

[_XII_]
Players
265 posts
2,339 battles

I limit myself to 30 day premiums just because I take breaks and than it's money wasted with longer times than 30 days.

It would solve the problem for me and pay for longer times.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
959 battles

Interesting. Can't wait to see how much more expensive this will be compared to a 'regular' premium account.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles

Sounds interesting, it all depends on the price structure.

[XODUS]
Players
714 posts
3,789 battles

Glaring hole in this

it is saying WOT only

that is not going to work as premium time is now shared between WOW and WOWP
so all the core three wargaming titles, if it was all three at once i can see it. 

Players
1,192 posts
3,451 battles

If this was implemented, I would actually finish the final task of the first campain (forgotten the name).

As it stands, I would not get any use out of 7 days of premium time, unless premium time worked as above.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
757 posts
4,585 battles
17 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

Glaring hole in this

it is saying WOT only

that is not going to work as premium time is now shared between WOW and WOWP
so all the core three wargaming titles, if it was all three at once i can see it. 

I would think it a bit strange if this was only offered to WoT accounts as at present premium time is shared between WoT and WoWS (and maybe even WoWP).

The only reason I kept WoT up-to-date for several years was to use up the gold that was on my WoT accounts for premium time and then just play WoWS.

if WG did do this for WoWS I think it would be a good idea.

[KAKE]
Players
646 posts
2,704 battles

Depending on pricing, I could see myself actually buying premium time if this became reality.

At the very least, it would have to be significantly cheaper per day of premium than just buying a single day.

[SV3]
Beta Tester
1,078 posts
8,308 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/10/01/world-of-tanks-flexible-premium-account/

Hmmm... Interesting...

Leo "Apollo11"

This would be great since you usually waste 40-60% of the days you buy, because life...

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,695 battles
1 hour ago, FooFaFie said:

I limit myself to 30 day premiums just because I take breaks and than it's money wasted with longer times than 30 days.

It would solve the problem for me and pay for longer times.

I do the same. Every month I evaluate if I have enough time for upcoming month to be bothered with premium.  

I do however like the idea of flexible premium time! 

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,885 posts

WoT is dying, so they have to resort to such things now in order to maintain the flow of income they have with the playerbase they have left. Also the reason why more and more OP Premium tanks are (re)appearing in the shop again. While they still have a steady influx of new players, more and more "veterans" are raising their hands in disgust and leave that rotten pile of "game" for what it is, thus the playerbase stagnates (but rejuvenates) or even declines right now.

I can't see it coming to WoWS anytime soon, since WoWS is doing fairly alright (despite atrocious player retention). 

The "flexible premium" is not worth it if you play regularly but sparsely, as in "you play nearly every day, but only 2/3 battles at a time". It works in segments of 24hrs, and gets triggered by playing a battle.

• Cool 2

[-MM]
Players
400 posts
7,942 battles

If they remove premium ammo and rework the economy, I might check out WoT again. Otherwise it can get F*****.

I think a flexible premium account is a great idea, but knowing WG they find a way to scam us with that as well.

• Cool 1