You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Ranked "Season 10" - Observations...

44 comments in this topic

[JRM]
Players
807 posts
12,718 battles

I started early then played wery little until recently since job had me occupied, the problem i found is that u just cant rely on anybody to do their job, for example if you take bbs you and with retarded dds that cant understand that u need to cap and screen your bbs against torps since in most t10s when u see the "wall of skill" you wont have time to do s**t about it exept maybe mitigate some damage, if you on the other hand take a dd nobody follows for support, there is only so much damage you can take and give out, sure in say z-52 or yy you will likely win that first duel but unless you were really (and it usually means really really really) lucky to land a torp hit you will have traded a large portion of your health for that kill and then what you cant go into another duel since if you do you are dead, and everybody goes into !star saving mod! (read snipe behind island) the moment first dd dies, doesnt matter that you have 2 caps and lead for 200 points, they just give away the caps or yolo to death just terrible... If you take a cruiser I find u simply lack enough influence in this season unless its mino or wooster and you blap the dds you can do 180k damage and still lose since everybody was killed off and you cant press a cap alone against bbs

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
150 posts
4,317 battles

Hello all.

I stopped ranked too.Droped back to rank 8.This was the end of my ranked progression in this season....I had enough too, Ranked needs rework, what most people say, this is not enjoyable, and isnt close to 'Ranked performance' this is just random clan battle.when will be reworked I will put more effort in it.

• Cool 1

Players
1,474 posts
10,286 battles

74% winrate in Grozvoi, rank out in 106 games. Did it for the luls to get legendary mod, had no expectations for it to have such a good result!

Best ranked season ever both in terms of team communication and winrate.

Rarely had "special players" on team and rarely more than one. Most people knew where to go, what to do, and what to prioritize. Also most used the chat, followed the plan I laid out, and displayed map awareness and communicated changes during battle.

Started late in the season which may be one reason for the great WR.

Also MUCH easier DD life this season compared to last. Reasons

- often 2-3 dd on each side

- even 3-4 BB on each side

= usually "only" a max of 2-3 radar boats.

- learned how to counter radarship and DD camping (capping) spots in last season. 

TL;DR, agree with OP.

Of course I had the unfair advantage of always having at least one good DD on the team :cat_cool:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,921 posts
8,263 battles

Hi all,

Thanks for info guys - much appreciated (also nice and civil discussion)! :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

[HOME]
Players
636 posts
7,848 battles

Although I am generally happy with the amount of teamwork and coordination I experienced, I was unpleasantly surprised by the amount of players who lacked tactical knowledge and situational awareness. 

Even the players from who I expected smart plays because they were from Typhoon-league clans, made silly moves which sometimes caused our team to lose even though we had a clear advantage.

I can't even remember how many times I had to urge my teammembers not to pursue a single zao to the edge of the map or not to push down the middle into a crossfire.

The most obvious mistakes that were made I could predict even minutes before they happened simply because I recognised the build up to it. 

"Ah, a Gearing player that goes headfirst into a cap and the enemy has a worcester and a Z-52. Probably a dead Gearing."

"Ah, a HP buff yamato that positions himself broadsided to the entire enemy team. Probably a dead yamato."

"Ah, a conqueror that pushes through a cap that we already own into two enemy BBs. Probably a dead conqueror."

"Ah, our Hindi got a 40k hit on him at the start but instead of going dark and heal he continues to exchange fire with a zao. Probably a dead hindi."

Etc.

Etc.

Etc.

I know, I know, this is ranked and not everyone is a tactical genius. But doesn't everyone like to gain a star?

Then bloody play to gain a star! If you're in the lead: DEFEND and stay alive! If you're losing: ATTACK and kill the lowest HP enemy.

[NWP]
Players
3,178 posts
5,576 battles
6 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I know, I know, this is ranked and not everyone is a tactical genius. But doesn't everyone like to gain a star?

Then bloody play to gain a star! If you're in the lead: DEFEND and stay alive! If you're losing: ATTACK and kill the lowest HP enemy.

I dont think you need to be a genius to realize "Hey, we have 3 caps, 800 points, equal ships: If i stay alive i will eventually win in the next 3 minutes"

That should be common sense. In WoWs somehow its not :cap_hmm:

Ppl just dont understand time/caps(Objectives)/points. Think we need a super dumb TDM without any objective on small maps where you cant escape and just dakka-dakka all the time so average tomato-pleb is satisfied by just "playing" Any aspect which doesnt include shooting the enemy, but is winning the game, seems to be too complex for the majority of WOWs players...

Thats why i dont like playing WoWs anymore. Players are just too friggin dumb ALL THE TIME, and i still need them to play the game :cap_fainting:

As you said it yourself, even good players seem to make very dumb mistakes, if you can call them mistakes and not being utterly stupid. I remember the first Stalingrad i had on my team, i was like "yes nice, we have a Stalingrad". Looked at him play, said to @ForlornSailor "our Stalingrad is as good as dead" he is like "what you mean?" and he looks over *Stalingrad dead* within like 3!! mins of playing. That idiot just broadsided to the whole enemy team, even when he got behind an island, he kept going straight out again. Like WTF? He lost 40% of his health very fast, then i knew he will die when he leaves the island cover again - and i was correct.

A [edited]Stalingrad... you would think that this guy has SOME knowledge about not showing broadside...

• Cool 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,065 posts
11,555 battles

I think it's quite difficult for people to adapt to an objective based behavior. Especially when the game does still reward individual performance with the whole save a star system.

People who play clan wars regularly are probably much more comfortable with that sort of play style

[NWP]
Players
3,178 posts
5,576 battles
26 minutes ago, _Teob_ said:

I think it's quite difficult for people to adapt to an objective based behavior. Especially when the game does still reward individual performance with the whole save a star system.

Makes sense, however its not like you have objectives occasionally in WoWs, you have it all the time. Every game you have some kinda cap you should get/hold/protect. Every game you have points that tick to 1000. Every game you get/lose points when you kill/lose a ship.

Surely everyone should understand that ever after a minimal amount of battles - yet they dont.

I have had DDs in arms race that ignore the buffs...

image.jpeg.15cc9e456215e7a4bdd9ddd5977113ae.jpeg

[TENGO]
Players
1,545 posts
8,643 battles

I was going to try rank 1 for the first time because I had some real motivation: the steel reward would give me enough for a stalingrad (skipped out of one cb season), or maybe even skip that one if the bourgogne would also be steel

I find it a real chore tbh. I thought I would be well over 100 games by now, and stop it, but apparently I'm around 95. R3 now, so it's not impossible I'll continue, but I do find it hard to find to get myself motivated.

Also @Leo_Apollo11, until a while ago I too used a matchmaking monitor. I disabled it somewhere before summer. One of the best decisions ever, just saying.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
513 posts
12,940 battles

Just had a battle where our rank 4 Gearing with 20k battles and 49% winrate said right in the start of the match "I go suicide".... He almost made it but then our Shima torped him on purpose... Then we lost.  High quality!

• Funny 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,241 posts
6,386 battles
On 10/2/2018 at 10:39 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

there was even nice coordination and chat!

mye above Rank 10 i experienced this as well. when i went below  rank 10 to rank 6 everyone went their own way for the star save. quit a while then  i tried to get out of rank 6 the last week and got even worse. 

On 10/2/2018 at 4:52 PM, ForlornSailor said:

I mean you´d think, when you get their only DD spotted & killed, the team can use this advantage - hell no..

well a good player would say YES the DD is dead now i can go to the cap with my BB and assert some pressure.

the average player would just say YES the DD is dead now i can camp safely in spawn.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,921 posts
8,263 battles

Hi all,

14 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Also @Leo_Apollo11, until a while ago I too used a matchmaking monitor. I disabled it somewhere before summer. One of the best decisions ever, just saying.

I don't get "Salty" at all by using "MatchMaking Monitor" - my use for it is as follows:

• I don't disclose what "MatchMaking Monitor" reports to either my team nor the enemy team
  • I check what is the most dangerous opponent(s) and I try to engage it/them myself whenever humanly possible
  • I check my DDs and carefully observe what they do (especially at start) - when you see DD with hundreds of games in ship type together with below 10K average damage and WinRate of 30-40% you simply don't follow
  • I check CVs (when present) and decide my whole game strategy depending on CV disparity (if present)

Leo "Apollo11"

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,065 posts
11,555 battles
15 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Makes sense, however its not like you have objectives occasionally in WoWs, you have it all the time. Every game you have some kinda cap you should get/hold/protect. Every game you have points that tick to 1000. Every game you get/lose points when you kill/lose a ship.

Surely everyone should understand that ever after a minimal amount of battles - yet they dont.

I have had DDs in arms race that ignore the buffs...

image.jpeg.15cc9e456215e7a4bdd9ddd5977113ae.jpeg

Very true. But that's the key, they don't.

I've never ever seen a random team go "well we have two caps, let's just kite away now and force the enemy team to spend a lot of health attacking and pushing into our torpedoes".

The way the random player plays objectives, if at all, is to just push at all times regardless of circumstances.

Which come to think of it, is probably making the situation worse because not only do they not know how to play the objectives, but the little tactic they do know is not always useful and can be outright detrimental.

[TENGO]
Players
1,545 posts
8,643 battles

latest?cb=20160226001709

ranked out, 115 games

All wooster, cause that balans...

Got stuck in r2**** like forever - one more suiciding shima and there might have been accidents.

General observations: stalingrad might not be the best choice. Radarships are decisive. Conqueror not that bad if they find their AP. Shima players should uninstall.

[JRM]
Players
658 posts
10,582 battles

I will just repeat my story here from another thread:

Let me tell you my ranked story, it is full of pain, misery and misfortune. Many will find it hard to believe, even I was in disbelief.

From Rank 15 to Rank 2 it took me 131 battles, it was going relatively fine, until i reached Rank 2. 

Here is where all starts, in Rank 2, between those 5 starts, i have played 74 battles,  moving from 1 to 4 stars and back, i played 6 times for Rank 1 and lost all 6 times.  This has been amazing test for my senity and willpower, i was losing hope and considered my self to be most unlucky player on server.

Then i played for Rank 1 for the 7th time and it was my worst battle where i died first in a BB, but my team won and I am Rank 1 now for the first time.

Overall now when it is all finished I can say this has been amazing journey. I know some will disagree, but my experience, for most part battles were of high quality, strong opposition and solid team play, most of won battles were hard earned, i did not see many blunders all around. Just to add, reached rank 1 about 8 days ago,  so for most part i was surrounded and progressing along solid players.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,241 posts
6,386 battles
21 hours ago, _Teob_ said:

The way the random player plays objectives, if at all, is to just push at all times regardless of circumstances

the best way that might have an affect is to just do not have damage play a role in ranked as XP.

But that would probably bring some other problems with it again. 

7 hours ago, Saiyko said:

General observations: stalingrad might not be the best choice. Radarships are decisive. Conqueror not that bad if they find their AP. Shima players should uninstall.

XD shima players 

[TENGO]
Players
1,545 posts
8,643 battles
1 hour ago, albinbino said:

Overall now when it is all finished I can say this has been amazing journey. I know some will disagree, but my experience, for most part battles were of high quality, strong opposition and solid team play, most of won battles were hard earned, i did not see many blunders all around.

First I was confused, but then I realised and discovered that sweet dark, dark sarcasm. 

Pure satirical brilliance, I love it! I don't see such literary qualities here often. 

• Funny 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,126 posts
14,463 battles

one of my worst , and boring seasons so far , glad its over

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,032 posts
5,597 battles

Here's my observation :Smile_trollface:

biseyepoc8q11.jpg