Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kenliero

RN DD Captain Specialization

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,251 posts
7,331 battles

Ok, I have a question...

If I have let's say captain specialized for Conqueror and I put it in Icarus... since it's considered premium for the time being and I can not specialize it for Icarus now...

When the update comes, do I have to specialize from zero it for Icarus after update, even though I had played many games with that captain in Icarus?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,838 posts
5,326 battles

My guess would be no, since the captain usually says which ship he is specialized on. If you put a cptn on a premium ship, it doesnt change its spezialisation, thats why i think you still have to retrain him once the Icarus is a silver ship.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,251 posts
7,331 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

My guess would be no, since the captain usually says which ship he is specialized on. If you put a cptn on a premium ship, it doesnt change its spezialisation, thats why i think you still have to retrain him once the Icarus is a silver ship.

Yeah, that's how I see it as well... unfortunately...

[H_FAN]
Players
1,850 posts
20,666 battles
18 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

Yeah, that's how I see it as well... unfortunately...

When I realised that I started to move my 2 10 p captains that I have put on Jervis and Lighting, moved back from reserve the 3 p that came with the ships and started playing coops for the missions (mission grind is rather rapid in shot coop games that you always win) and collecting elite Xp in random, now I have fixed my Lighting to 10 points, and started the XP grind in random to be ready for T9 when it hits the server. The T7 is in progress and will be ready in a week or so, depnding on mood and priority, play it more during next mission stage. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,251 posts
7,331 battles
10 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

When I realised that I started to move my 2 10 p captains that I have put on Jervis and Lighting, moved back from reserve the 3 p that came with the ships and started playing coops for the missions (mission grind is rather rapid in shot coop games that you always win) and collecting elite Xp in random, now I have fixed my Lighting to 10 points, and started the XP grind in random to be ready for T9 when it hits the server. The T7 is in progress and will be ready in a week or so, depnding on mood and priority, play it more during next mission stage. 

Yeah, might not be bad idea to use the captain that is already in it... since you can boost it to for example 7 skills quickly also with Elite/free XP

Players
1,505 posts
1,322 battles

Better off buying a Dunkirk and using him.

I have a 14 point Jack and a 10 pointer from the arsenal. The Dunkirk's are custom made for these DD's tbh

[SCRUB]
Players
2,251 posts
7,331 battles
9 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Better off buying a Dunkirk and using him.

I have a 14 point Jack and a 10 pointer from the arsenal. The Dunkirk's are custom made for these DD's tbh

Bert Dunkirk was my plan... but that requires a lot of training...

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
8 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

The Dunkirk's are custom made for these DD's tbh

The only useful Dunkirk's special skill for RN DDs is the Jack of all trade. 

Actually they are better for BBs and CLs than for those DDs, imo.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,251 posts
7,331 battles
Just now, elblancogringo said:

Which is why my other Dunkirk is in Conqueror...

Players
1,505 posts
1,322 battles
21 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Tbh I am getting mileage out of the turret traverse and smoke skills on my Jervis and Cossack

[-FF-]
Players
609 posts
5,414 battles
34 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Tbh I am getting mileage out of the turret traverse and smoke skills on my Jervis and Cossack

Yep, that can be useful at those tiers. Sorry I was thinking about the Daring but you're right. However I try to not respec the captain if I can avoid it and turret traverse is not that bad so I already went for my future tier 10 build on my Jervis.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,251 posts
7,331 battles

Interesting detail...

I just got Berk Dunkirk, and since Icarus and other RN DD's are considered premiums for now, one can actually put Bert in the ship without any specialization or cost and you can already gather XP and train the Dunkirk captain in those new RN DD's

Sign in to follow this