Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnor27

What is the existed maximum secondary range in this game?

32 comments in this topic

[UFP]
Players
11 posts
4,766 battles

Hi! Can anybody tell me what is the biggest secondary range in this game and which ship has it?

In a competition we must collect the most of ribbons in T10, and somebody suggested me to collect them by secondaries...

[_MIA_]
Players
2,942 posts
5,366 battles

Republique has 8km base range, GK 7,7km. With modules and stuff you should be close to 12km.

But GK has a bit more secondaries (28 vs 25) and some of them shoot a bit faster.

Could aswell try minotaur with the ribbons, or Harugumo maybe? you will hit much better by yourself, and the RoF is also better than the secondaries :fish_book:

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,554 posts
5,519 battles

The German tier X the Kurfurst has 11.6km secondaries when fully spec'd.

However if you just want most ribbons you would be better off with minotaur/haragumo and just shooting stuff with their main guns

[UFP]
Players
11 posts
4,766 battles

What about the Worcester? Is the Harugumo DPM so good as a T10 cruiser?

[_MIA_]
Players
2,942 posts
5,366 battles
23 minutes ago, Gnor27 said:

What about the Worcester? Is the Harugumo DPM so good as a T10 cruiser?

Since you are after ribbons, what does DPM matter? If anything, you could farm more ribbons when you deal no damage :Smile_teethhappy:

Mino and Haru have faster RoF compared to Worc, but sure, better than other ships ofc.

Players
686 posts
7,950 battles
1 hour ago, Gnor27 said:

Hi! Can anybody tell me what is the biggest secondary range in this game and which ship has it?

In a competition we must collect the most of ribbons in T10, and somebody suggested me to collect them by secondaries...

Grosser Kurfurst is 11.6km. . De grosse is 11.5km. Richelieu 10.6km. Missouri 7.9km. Musashi 10.6km.Bismarck & Tirpitz 11.3km... These will all figure in T10 battles.

Players
3,284 posts
6,868 battles
2 minutes ago, fallenkezef said:

Anyone know the max on a Conq?

Same range as USN battleboats, so up to 9km IIRC. (6*1.2*1.2*1.05). Why you would want to use these is beyond me - low amount of guns and long reload.

Players
1,537 posts
1,342 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Same range as USN battleboats, so up to 9km IIRC. (6*1.2*1.2*1.05). Why you would want to use these is beyond me - low amount of guns and long reload.

Just curious tbh.

Players
686 posts
7,950 battles
26 minutes ago, Gnor27 said:

My Musashi can only 8,8 on max...

Screenshot (324).png

Screenshot (325).png

Screenshot (326).png

Use the Secondary flag as well. (Mike Yankee) and you're at 10.6km.

• Cool 2

[UFP]
Players
11 posts
4,766 battles

The 4 point secondary..... Yes i see. But it has effect only on the 127mm.

Players
686 posts
7,950 battles
7 minutes ago, Gnor27 said:

The 4 point secondary..... Yes i see. But it has effect only on the 127mm.

I just did a double check and both the 127mm and 155mm show as 10.6km range..

Screenshot (327).png

[UFP]
Players
11 posts
4,766 battles

As I can remember the skill effect on the calibers belov 139mm But I ll check it again.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,942 posts
5,366 battles
3 minutes ago, Gnor27 said:

As I can remember the skill effect on the calibers belov 139mm But I ll check it again.

The 139mm only applies to main battery guns. All secondaries profit from AFT/BFT

• Cool 2

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,191 battles

Rather than max range I would ask for the most acurrate secondaries (with all mods). Because it's quite frustrating to see a volley of shoots missing all the time.

• Cool 1

Players
686 posts
7,950 battles
6 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Rather than max range I would ask for the most acurrate secondaries (with all mods). Because it's quite frustrating to see a volley of shoots missing all the time.

Isn't that offset by manual control for secondary guns? -60% dispersion...

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,191 battles
4 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Isn't that offset by manual control for secondary guns? -60% dispersion...

Well, in my Kaga I run almost max secondaries (Altought I find more useful for random battles to get the module of +20% range on AA). However I did some battles with full maxxed secondaries.
Manual control for secondary guns: -60% plus secondary battery modification 2: extra -20% plus the flag: extra -5%

Thats a total of -85% of dispersion... And in my Kaga only 1/4 of all shoots hits the target. The thing happens in my Musashi and Cleveland (yes, I run a maxxed out secondaries cleveland) Thats why too few.

[SCRUB]
Players
558 posts
10,584 battles
9 minutes ago, principat121 said:

accuracy >> range

for secondaries

Speaking of accuracy, didn't the Massachusetts get extra accurate secondaries? 

Beta Tester
3,631 posts
6,502 battles

Yes, she did.

At least that's what they told.

But as we cannot see the base-accuracy value, we cannot say how much better the Mass... really is.

Players
789 posts
6,871 battles

At tier 10, just looking at the numbers, it's a fairly close three-way contest between Yamato, Currywurst and Republique.

Before any mods/skills/flags (which scale the numbers identically for all ships):

- Yamato 294 secondary shells per minute, 7 km base range

- Republique 307.5 secondary shells per minute, 8 km base range

- Currywurst  364 secondary shells per minute, with 7.7 km base range. 

Conqueror and Montana are not relevant.

I did 659 secondary hits with Currywurst on PTS, probably someone has gone way higher. :cap_cool:

If you weren't limited to T10, it might be easier to do this in lower tiers -- at least Alsace, Massachusetts and Bismarck have very similar secondary volumes, but staying alive to farm the hits might be easier in lower tiers.

Not factoring in any base differences in secondary accuracy. Are these documented somewhere? I remember hearing about Massachusetts and Warspite having a mystery buff.

Players
49 posts
6,559 battles

République has the longest range, 12.1 km fully buffed. Next are Kurfürst, Friedrich, Alsace, Massachusetts, Bismarck and Tirpitz, all above 11 km fully buffed. Alsace has the highest volume.

In general, I find it easier to actually use the secondaries and live to tell about it with the French BB's. Both Alsace and République are strong with secondary builds, although Alsace really needs IFHE to do damage. They are faster and have better concealment than the Germans. With the German BB's, I'm not convinced that they are strong with secondary builds, although fun as hell.

I haven't tried the Massachusetts, so possibly it's really good for harvesting ribbons, if the secondaries are unusually accurate?

What comes to the absolute number of ribbons though, I've got around 500 secondary hits tops. You can get more ribbons than that with the main guns of Akizuki, Kitakaze and especially Harugumo. I'm sure Minotaur can get close to or beyond 1000.

Edit: I missed the bit that this is limited to T10. With secondaries, I'd go with the République. But you can definitely get more ribbons, on average, with Harugumo.

Sign in to follow this