You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Have you unlocked "Yamamoto Isoroku" and/or ""William Halsey" ?

156 members have voted

1. 1. Have you unlocked "Yamamoto Isoroku" via his campaign?

2. 2. Have you unlocked "William Halsey" via his campaign?

38 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,858 posts
8,086 battles

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,070 battles

Yes both (and wondering what to pick from those skipped, stupidly hard/restrictive missions to fill my three missionsslots) but why are you asking?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
619 posts
5,660 battles

I have Yamamoto, still grinding the Bull.

Although I have more US ships the apparent (to me anyway, and completely understandable given the man's history) focus on CVs is holding me up in gaining stars.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
6,742 battles

Yamamoto I have, but no idea on what ship tbh... I think he's my 2nd yamato captain at the moment?

Halsey I am still grinding towards. Only got Yamamoto a few weeks after the introduction of the american campaign. And I haven't been playing that much nor specifically for the campaign. I just let it happen naturally.

(Am at the 5th stage with 1 star I think).

Quality Poster
2,947 posts
7,933 battles

Have Yamamoto for ages and unlocked Halsey on the last saturday (still not sure which ship to put him on).

[DREAD]
Players
4,566 posts
4,788 battles

Yamamoto yes! Halsey? Hell no - what for...?

(Don’t like US ships much in this game apart from one or two and I have Joe Blob already from when he was still called Seagull)

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,858 posts
8,086 battles

Hi all,

6 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Yes both (and wondering what to pick from those skipped, stupidly hard/restrictive missions to fill my three missionsslots) but why are you asking?

I asked because I don't recall seeing may "special tracers" that depict them commanding the ship... so I wondered how many players did actually grind them... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Perhaps some players don't enable the "special tracers" and deliberately set them to OFF (i.e. in order to "hide" who is commanding the ship)...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,070 battles
Just now, HMS_Argosax said:

I cant unlock them because I cant CA/CL :(. No BB path to completion

huh?

You can just grind credits and xp (first two missions for all stages) over and over and over for Halsey. Basically what I did during clanbattles/ranked as I couldn't be bothered to figure out fitting missions and I certainly won't touch the CV missions for Halsey's last stage anytime soon. (Basically not before the rwork and because I don't own any Tier VIII+ CV)

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,025 posts
4 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I asked because I don't recall seeing may "special tracers" that depict them commanding the ship... so I wondered how many players did actually grind them... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Perhaps some players don't enable the "special tracers" and deliberately set them to OFF (i.e. in order to "hide" who is commanding the ship)...

I have both although I've not got Halsey on any ship.

I don't have the tracers enabled on either as I don't like the looks much.

[BYOB]
Players
2,687 posts
9,846 battles

I'm really bad at grinding the campaigns, so I don't have any of them. Don't need them that desperately...

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,974 posts
4,958 battles

Where is the "dont care" option?

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
189 posts
4,628 battles

Got Yamamoto, took me an age because I couldn't be bothered doing any missions but the xp ones, will get Halsey someday but I'm in the same boat and I don't play US ships. I found grinding for them to be making me enjoy the game less and stopped.

Beta Tester
1,148 posts
1,361 battles

On the way to Yamamoto, not even started Halsey.

Haven't even got the Shinonome yet either.

The tier 8-10 restriction on these missions is annoying (especially for a tier 6 ship) because I am not really grinding anything there at the moment. So I basically have to play my 4 tier 10s or Missouri, my other (slowly progressing) grinds are all tier 6 or 7 at the moment. Plus I find tier 7 to be a better place to play generally where I have good premiums I would rather play than the more static/campy tier 10 meta. 

Also I mainly progress through these just doing the XP/credits mission over and over in most cases, especially as one section of Yamamoto was pretty much all high tier carriers.

Think these would be better being tier 6+

I do like though that you can progress multiple of these at once, whilst still doing other daily missions, plus the RN arc, plus earn containers as well. It's very satisfying when you come out of a good game with multiple goodies unlocked. 

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,879 posts

I've unlocked Yamamoto the day before Halsey went live. Since I don't have that many high-tier ships, I find myself repeating the credit/XP tasks over and over again. With premium, camo's and flags it goes quite easily that way. The Halsey campaign is way tougher/harder than the Yamamoto one though, I don't know why.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,234 posts
7,070 battles
43 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Where is the "dont care" option?

Basically click "not Started yet" on both, because if you haven't even bothered to start Yamamoto yet you are either a very new player or truly "don't care".

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,974 posts
4,958 battles
4 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Basically click "not Started yet" on both, because if you haven't even bothered to start Yamamoto yet you are either a very new player or truly "don't care".

Oh, campaigns are "started", I just dont care.

So OP, the "dont care" option?

Players
1,202 posts
4,944 battles

Slowly grinding Halsey in Co-Op, got about 1/2 way through in around 300-400 games.

[_XII_]
Players
263 posts
2,311 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Argosax said:

I cant unlock Yamamoto because I cant CA/CL :(. No BB path to completion

You can do a task over and over again. As much as you want or need. Every time you gonna get the stars. The prize of course only the first time. 

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,771 battles

Nah, they're both stupidly grindy and with otherwise unreasonable tasks often locked by tier/type/nation. Besides, t8 is outside my comfort zone.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,796 battles

I'm on the last stage for Yamamoto-samma, not started Halsey.

Players
203 posts

I am unlocking Yamamoto to put into my Yamato and Free XP him up to 19 points to replace Moeka China (my current 19 point Yamato Commander) who will then be retrained into the Shimakaze I am going to get using Free XP because grinding is for free-to-play players. 

• Funny 1

[AAO]
Players
395 posts
6,939 battles

Got both and halsey was painfull tbh, way too many CL/CA missions. 

DM legendary upgrade 7/15 wins stage 4 while doing halsey only. 

Players
1,648 posts
11,443 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Guilty as charged for my yamamoto. Am 10k XP away from Halsey. But the last phase was a long grind. So much that I gave up on us ships quite a few times.