Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

BBV/CAV implementation idea?

35 comments in this topic

[HMSR]
Players
1,619 posts
5,820 battles

So before you all go ''major is drunk again'' i have a idea i had today i would like to share with all you wonderfull skippers here and get your opinion on, so please bare with me on this.

So i had this idea pop into mind, CV's gameplay is getting a 180 right, Tone was in the game long ago right, and i know some CV players will miss the RTS style of gameplay those had, we also know WG has a hardon for gimicks yeah, well how about these few ships mix all of those things together,  now...before you ask me ''da heck you on about''.

A new way to implement IJN Tone, IJN Ise, IJN Mogami CVA (renamed as one of her systers of course) in my mind would be to give these ship the ''gimmick'' of being able to choose from first person ship  use via M into the soon to be old RTS style of gameplay, so you use you ship normally blasting away then tap M and go top down using you squadron/s(a example of it being in WoWs Blitz the Ise)

So you get a few new ships with a gimmick that would give you a window into the old CV gameplay and since they cant field a crapton of aircraft  it wouldnt make them OP or gamebraking.

I was thinking:

Ise BBV - one squadron of 3 fighters and one squadron of 4 DB's

Tone - 1 Squad of 4 Fighters and 2 squads of one or 1 squad of two scouts.

Mogami CVA - ''insert your idea here''

Now how mutch time this kind of thing would take to program and code i dont have a clue since im no expert (my idea of programing is plugging the comp into the socket  :Smile_teethhappy:)

I would love to hear your ideas of squadron/deck setups, how you thing about sutch a thing, would it be good or not? (or should i go back to fishing  :Smile_teethhappy:)

Sound like a win win for all to me. 

I'll go hide now just in case :Smile_hiding:

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4

Players
1,707 posts
9,658 battles

It all makes sense now. Maybe this is WG's plan all along. New style cv for other players and those premium aviation ca/bb for old sch cv players :fish_boom:

Beta Tester
525 posts
3,364 battles

Yeah that's going to be OP as hell. Hurr durr let me just spot this DD and blap him for easy kill.

[RBMF]
Players
241 posts
5,883 battles

I asked the question to Sub_Octavian concerning the CV rework, he basically said although if the CV rework is a success it raises the chances of ships like the Tone and Ise being added to the game, but it is not a priority and therefore no promises.

Players
779 posts
6,834 battles

I'm a huge fan of Ise, but I'm really pessimistic that the CV rework will help in implementing them.

The whole point of the rework is that the CV player is only in one place at any one time, and they're even uncertain about the CV ship itself being under player control. But suddenly we'd have a plane squadron AND a BB/CA with fully functional main guns?

As I understand, in WoWS Blitz they can be done because in that game, secondaries are actually under manual control.

The rework maybe offers a way to implement them in a super basic and probably unsatisfactory way --> Make use of that new "fighter consumable".

So you'd have a BB/CA with the normal functionality, but you'd also have that CV fighter consumable, which you can use to summon a squadron of fighters for area defence. And then you would ALSO have the regular spotting plane consumable. 

[HMSR]
Players
1,619 posts
5,820 battles

Well, was just a idea i wanted to share :Smile_smile:

though i see it working in the new cv gameplay, summoning your squad consumable. 

Guess only time will tell. 

Players
1,575 posts
3,385 battles

those planes can be nothing but point+click consumables. tone had just spotters anyway. after CV rework theres pretty much no other option

Players
526 posts
30 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

The entire CV rework it's a total garbage.

Why is it garbage? For those who dont use carriers?

[DREAD]
Players
4,550 posts
4,779 battles

“Major is drunk again!!!” :Smile_izmena:

@Major_Damage225

No seriously - you got my upvote. However the proposal is unfortunately totally against what WG tries to achieve with the CV rework. So I have some doubts they go this way.

I did propose a somewhat similar solution before: rather than using a separate Map for plane control I suggested to habe an enlarged minimap for these ships where you command your fighter squadrons. Meaning mainly scouting with a secondary function of weaker air CAP patrols. This way you would have avoided the “break” between ship view and plane view.

However I believe this proposal is likewise out of the window with the rework. 

As I don’t like the way WG envisions fighters to work in the future I will need to rethink my proposal :Smile_sad:

Players
779 posts
6,834 battles
7 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

those planes can be nothing but point+click consumables. tone had just spotters anyway. after CV rework theres pretty much no other option

Maybe a spotter consumable that gives one more plane than usual -- so 2 normally, and 3 if running Direction Center skill. You could additionally have them circle in a bit wider radius, and maybe also with a longer action time like the Musashi?

This could work fine for something like Tone, which essentially had expanded spotting plane facilities.

But Ise was also meant to operate a dozen DB's, and she'd really need something more.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,138 posts
5,897 battles

Well, Fighters become a consuamble, could imagine that the Hybrid ship could get better catapult fighters, that they start squads insteand of single fighters

[DREAD]
Players
4,550 posts
4,779 battles
18 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Well, Fighters become a consuamble, could imagine that the Hybrid ship could get better catapult fighters, that they start squads insteand of single fighters

No. Fighters are currently a consumable for the strike flight and the fighters spawn in the flight‘s current position and stay there. This wouldn’t work with a ship.

Also - these are meant to be scouts so you either need to be able to tell the planes where to scout through map or minimap commands or direct them otherwise.

Circle around your ship doesn’t do anything other than longer artillery range which isn’t what a scout cruiser needs.

We need a way to direct the scouts to where we want to scout.

[TOXIC]
Players
1,001 posts
15,310 battles

With the way CV rework is going I can't see any way for ships like Ise or Tone to have any strike potential with their planes. This will require for player that use such ships to spend a lot of time flying the attack squadron instead of controlling his ship unless they want to play them as CVs which means that their main armament, guns, will be barely used. If fighters get implemented as consumable than maybe this ships could have both fighter and spotter consumable.  IMO that would be nice too, to be able to provide better AA for themselves and ships around with fighters.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,138 posts
5,897 battles
1 minute ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

No. Fighters are currently a consumable for the strike flight and the fighters spawn in the flight‘s current position and stay there. This wouldn’t work with a ship.

Also - these are meant to be scouts so you either need to be able to tell the planes where to scout through map or minimap commands or direct them otherwise.

Circle around your ship doesn’t do anything other than longer artillery range which isn’t what a scout cruiser needs.

We need a way to direct the scouts to where we want to scout.

It would work - the developer are in a position that they can implement them like they want, so they can make it work.

Giving cruisers more scout potential would make even more cruisers op. There are already too many radar cruisers. DD wouldn't like, if every cruiser scout them. Just because it was historically meant ,that they scout with these planes, doesn't mean, it has to be implemented like this. Many bb's had scout planes for only that purpose, but they're only cyclying around. This is how planes scout on non-cvs

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,138 posts
5,897 battles
4 minutes ago, fumtu said:

With the way CV rework is going I can't see any way for ships like Ise or Tone to have any strike potential with their planes. This will require for player that use such ships to spend a lot of time flying the attack squadron instead of controlling his ship unless they want to play them as CVs which means that their main armament, guns, will be barely used. If fighters get implemented as consumable than maybe this ships could have both fighter and spotter consumable.  IMO that would be nice too, to be able to provide better AA for themselves and ships around with fighters.

It would work. You shoot angles, then 30s controlling the planes, then shoot again, then crontrol planes for 30s again. But it would still be op, because you get planes for spotting dds and stuff

So in my opinion it's only working, if you can only one click the planes to a position to strike and then return

[DREAD]
Players
4,550 posts
4,779 battles
5 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It would work - the developer are in a position that they can implement them like they want, so they can make it work.

Giving cruisers more scout potential would make even more cruisers op. There are already too many radar cruisers. DD wouldn't like, if every cruiser scout them. Just because it was historically meant ,that they scout with these planes, doesn't mean, it has to be implemented like this. Many bb's had scout planes for only that purpose, but they're only cyclying around. This is how planes scout on non-cvs

You want a scoutplane circle around your Tone...?

How boring is that?

Btw: cruisers OP....? Wut?

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,138 posts
5,897 battles
1 minute ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

You want a scoutplane circle around your Tone...?

How boring is that?

Btw: cruisers OP....? Wut?

OP against dds. There is no interaction, when a wooster radars a dd.

Yes, it's boring, but it's not unfair. Scouting planes are unfair, when you can control them. The only way would be, if you could control them in the 10 km circle

[TOXIC]
Players
1,001 posts
15,310 battles
8 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

It would work. You shoot angles, then 30s controlling the planes, then shoot again, then crontrol planes for 30s again. But it would still be op, because you get planes for spotting dds and stuff

So in my opinion it's only working, if you can only one click the planes to a position to strike and then return

You are forgetting that if you shoot on somebody than somebody probably can shoot back to you. Which mean by the time you are controlling planes you can't make evasive manoeuvres, dodge torps or plane attacks. You will be in constant rush to switch from ships to planes and back. And for example the Tone will probably have reload of 15sec which mean there is a lot of salves you will not shoot because you are controlling planes. It would be a nightmare to properly manage two game modes and veeeeeeery difficult for average players.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles

Giving the state of the way they go for the CV rework A Tone or ISe is going to be much more unlikely becaue aircraft operation in action mode make it next to imposible to operate teh ship at the same time.

They should giveup on it and just release said ships in their normal combat roles with some gimics like Tone actally having a fighter squad in the air instead of a single scoutfighter......of giving het both functionalitys in the same squad. a 6 min range increase would be a decent upside for a underguned t7 cruiser?

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,138 posts
5,897 battles
Just now, fumtu said:

You are forgetting that if you shoot on somebody than somebody probably can shoot back to you. Which mean by the time you are controlling planes you can't make evasive monologues, dodge torps or plane attacks. You will be in constant rush to switch from ships to planes and back. And for example the Tone will probably have reload of 15sec which mean there is a lot of salves you will not shoot because you are controlling planes. It would be a nightmare to properly manage two game modes and veeeeeeery difficult for average players.

Steel Ocean had Ise, that ship could control 3 squads at one time. It was possible. And Steel Ocean is even faster, since max ranges are ~7 km

And otherwise, if people don't feel safe with planes and shooting at the same time, they don't have to do it

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,138 posts
5,897 battles
2 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

Giving the state of the way they go for the CV rework A Tone or ISe is going to be much more unlikely becaue aircraft operation in action mode make it next to imposible to operate teh ship at the same time.

They should giveup on it and just release said ships in their normal combat roles with some gimics like Tone actally having a fighter squad in the air instead of a single scoutfighter......

Yeah, I mean it would be possible, but your sugggestion is more likely. It could also have two consuambles, so you could choose if you want 2 scout quads, 2 fighter, or fighter and scout

[TOXIC]
Players
1,001 posts
15,310 battles
5 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

And otherwise, if people don't feel safe with planes and shooting at the same time, they don't have to do it

But what is the point of those ships then. They have to be balanced about having both components, both surface and airborne. If you don't use one of them them ship would underperform. Same if this was too complected to use both at the same time. This ship have to be made playable for everyone or at least a significant portion of the player base. If this ship require uniqum player to use it effectively than it is a bad design.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
1,138 posts
5,897 battles
Just now, fumtu said:

But what is the point of those ships them. They have to be balanced about having both components, both surface and airborne. If you don't use one of them them ship would underperform. Same if this was too complected to use both at the same time. This ship have to be made playable for everyone or at least a significant portion of the player base. If this ship require uniqum player to use it effectively than it is a bad design.

I meant, they don't have to use it at the same time. Not that they don't have to use it any time. One example, you're at 10% hp. You wouldn't shoot in the open, you would stay hidden, run away, and use planes

[DREAD]
Players
4,550 posts
4,779 battles
6 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

OP against dds. There is no interaction, when a wooster radars a dd.

Yes, it's boring, but it's not unfair. Scouting planes are unfair, when you can control them. The only way would be, if you could control them in the 10 km circle

I see you meant the Radar influx... kind of agree with that

See if Tone only has a normal Scoutplane she would be boring and not different to any other ship. Ppl would be pretty disappointed.

So WG needs to pull SOMETHING off here to make the crowd happy as we are waiting for her since three years basically.

How about this:

- call in a fighter squad similar to the reworked CV mechanics but instead of spawning at the ship the fighters spawn where you want, eg through clicking on a map or minimap 

- these fighters patrol there and are inferior to CV fighters 

Sign in to follow this