You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Flare_UKCS

Too much WG, too many resources and thingmahjobbies to keep track of

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
28 posts
203 battles

WG, I do appreciate your attempt to inject new and interesting content into the game, but there is too much stuff to keep track of.

Whats this 5 Dragons ?

Doubloons or Guineas ?

Coal or Steel ?

On top of the EXP, Free EXP, Captains EXP, Credits, Gold, Commander Skills, Research points, Crates, Missions, Campaigns, Special events...

... you get the idea.

Enough with the weird resources, its just scary for new or returning players... so many new things, I just want to play with my rubber ducky. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,035 posts
13,625 battles

There're mostly event items. They're segregated to the arsenal usually regardless, so it really should not bother new or returning players very much. If anything, it's really cool to come back and see all kinds of new things.

Beta Tester
28 posts
203 battles

I am a returning player, and I got a tonne of things going on I barely understand...

I got event, missions, campaigns, dailies, this new RN stuff...

... before I can assign commanders, select flags, camo, signal, modules, what to research *mind blown*

[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles

What's preventing you from asking here for explanations? It's not like the forum has rules against explaining how the game works... :cap_book:

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
414 posts
2,700 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

What's preventing you from asking here for explanations? It's not like the forum has rules against explaining how the game works... :cap_book:

Ssshhh. We are not allowed to tell him :cap_haloween:

• Funny 3

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,207 posts
11,028 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Flare_UKCS sagte:

I just want to play with my rubber ducky. 

Well, you can just ignore all these things then. They are not necessary to play your ships, only for additional stuff.

• Cool 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,052 posts
9,616 battles
1 hour ago, Flare_UKCS said:

WG, I do appreciate your attempt to inject new and interesting content into the game, but there is too much stuff to keep track of.

Whats this 5 Dragons ?

Doubloons or Guineas ?

Coal or Steel ?

On top of the EXP, Free EXP, Captains EXP, Credits, Gold, Commander Skills, Research points, Crates, Missions, Campaigns, Special events...

... you get the idea.

Enough with the weird resources, its just scary for new or returning players... so many new things, I just want to play with my rubber ducky. 

Most specal things leave once the specal event is over so. 

Dublons and Siver is used in game client for Buying ships and doing retraing demounting modules and restocking certain siginals.

Coal and steel are used in the Arsenal (and only shown there as are event specal curency)

Exp and free exp are for progession wich sets them clearly apart from Silver and dublons wich are used to actual by the things your progressing toward.

Why do you want things go away? Do they restrict you in any way? No They give you a way to get certain things in an alternate way even. You dont want to get coal to buy Musashi without 750k free exp a resorce that you gain by just playing the game?

This is FREE stuff for anybody sorry if you arent old enogh or interested enogh to get the infos to tell them apart.........

Whats your problem?

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,608 posts
6,688 battles

Onside with OP.  I'm enjoying -reveling - in the Royal navy event but he's dead right.

• Cool 2

Players
1,655 posts
11,443 battles

Yes, it's probably very overwhelming for a returning player that's actually still a new player. But for all players (that show a minor interest in the game, aka they at least aknowledge there is a thing called "patch notes") this actually is a bonus as you get more free stuff. And the RN event is very nice as it doesn't require you to select missions.

So that leaves you with two options:

- you decide to ignore it all and just takes your ships out into battle,

- you are intriged and want to know more: by all means, read the patch notes, and afterwards come back to the forums if you still have questions

(- you go and buy a cossack to pwn the RN event)

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
414 posts
2,700 battles
8 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Well, you can just ignore all these things then. They are not necessary to play your ships, only for additional stuff.

This. 

But I do agree with the OP, there is so much stuff thrown at you. Most of them are not essential parts of the in game economy. 

What I do when I'm playing a "new"  game and get stuff idk what to do with it is just keep them till I figure out what they are used for. 

@Flare_UKCS How I would rank it in order of importance. Really you can ignore 3 to 5. Even 2 if you never wish to spend any money on WoWs but you can still accumulate some of it along the way. 

1) The important stuff to keep you eyes on is your Credits (silver) to buy ships, modules, upgrades and to pay for after battle repair fees.
XP to level through ships of the same line on the tech tree and Free XP (FXP) to use on any line or modules to your liking. You get this by just playing the game. 

2) Doubloons or gold how WoT players like to call it is a currency you buy with real money but is not mandatory to have. They give you access to some neat features like fully retraining a captain or reset his skill points with it. Demounting modules. Converting excessive XP on a ship to FXP or even convert it to Credits. You can also buy some premium ships with it that are locked in a specific country's tree. 

3) You get Coal from containers, daily/weekly missions and events. You can spend that in the Arsenal. The Arsenal is like a premium shop, only you don't have to spend real money but you spend coal or steel instead. You can't buy premium there but handy stuff like camo's, signals, special upgrades and even some premium ships! Steel you get from playing ranked and clan battles. Some premium ships are locked behind steel and reward competitive players. 

4) Copper. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. Is awarded to players with high finishes in Clan Battles or even Ranked? The last one i'm not certain of, someone will correct me if I'm wrong here. As it seems for now you can buy some permanent camo's with it in the Arsenal. Also a reward to the competitive player. 

5) All other "currency" are most likely linked to events and are only obtainable for a set amount of time. You can buy event related items with it. For the current event "Royal Navy" in celebration of the upcoming new RN DD line. You can get some ships pre maturely without grinding or buying them later when they come available. Or buy special event camo's like the Union Jack camo, a special captain, event containers and for this event they threw in signals too. Which you also can buy with coal so they just wanted to fill the space I geus... 

5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You also mixed up Copper and Molybdenum. Copper is gained by ranking out, while Molybdenum is gained by winning the Typhoon league. Copper is used for camos for the Flint and Black, while Molybdenum buys you the special Stalingrad camo.

Hopes this helps, now happy hunting captain! :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles
18 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

But I do agree with the OP, there is so much stuff thrown at you. Most of them are not essential parts of the in game economy. But hey WG comes from an old USSR country so they are used to weird food/clothing stamps and what not to create an artificial economy. 

While I find your post really good, I can't let that stand.

What WG does has nothing to do with Soviet bloc rationing, it's basic economy. They are just looking at devaluation of assets and react accordingly. The moment one resource becomes widespread and easy to acquire, like doubloons or free experience, they replace it with a new one to maintain profits. This way the game always has "rare" resources that require an investment into the game.

It's interesting that most of the new long term resources cannot be bought, but can only be gained by actively playing the game.

You also mixed up Copper and Molybdenum. Copper is gained by ranking out, while Molybdenum is gained by winning the Typhoon league. Copper is used for camos for the Flint and Black, while Molybdenum buys you the special Stalingrad camo.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
414 posts
2,700 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

While I find your post really good, I can't let that stand.

What WG does has nothing to do with Soviet bloc rationing, it's basic economy. They are just looking at devaluation of assets and react accordingly. The moment one resource becomes widespread and easy to acquire, like doubloons or free experience, they replace it with a new one to maintain profits. This way the game always has "rare" resources that require an investment into the game.

It's interesting that most of the new long term resources cannot be bought, but can only be gained by actively playing the game.

It was a joke. But might be out of place, I will remove it. 

Thanks for clarifying Copper and Molybdenum up. 
I never gained any of these and have never seen the latter one. So my knowledge on those currency's is very limited. 
I will add you comment as a quote to my post. Thanks! 

[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles
4 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

It was a joke. But might be out of place, I will remove it. 

Thanks for clarifying Copper and Molybdenum up. 
I never gained any of these and have never seen the latter one. So my knowledge on those currency's is very limited. 
I will add you comment as a quote to my post. Thanks! 

Shouldn't have done that. It's in fact quite interesting to think about how WG is putting more emphasis on playing the game, compared to just pure monetization. We right now have a lot of resources which target competitive players, we have resources that appeal to players who play daily, and even the casual weekend players can get something interesting through events. And all of this without spending money.

It looks like WG is trying to tackle the player retention problem in a roundabout way.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
414 posts
2,700 battles
8 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Shouldn't have done that. It's in fact quite interesting to think about how WG is putting more emphasis on playing the game, compared to just pure monetization. We right now have a lot of resources which target competitive players, we have resources that appeal to players who play daily, and even the casual weekend players can get something interesting through events. And all of this without spending money.

It looks like WG is trying to tackle the player retention problem in a roundabout way.

I think it is a good thing. We will have to see if it works out in the long run. 

If you get new players to play your game but lose existing players in the progress we aint going anywhere.

I like history and follow a lot of history channels on YT. And there is been an increase of advertising as of late through (paid) sponsorships on channels that relate to WoW's in some shape or form. Where the content creator talks about WoWs for a few minutes and asks their community to try the game out. I think that is the right way of advertising in the 21th century.  

What I think this game really needs is a good competitive scene. If you have that instead of just an arcady game people will stay for the competitive aspect instead of wanting to unlock new shiny poly pixels. 
For example if you look to other games that barely changes or and stay the same in its core, but hold up for a long time is because of their competitive scene and platform. The most notorious game to mention here is starcraft. First released in 1998 and still has a massive following today. You could also mention Hearthstone, League of Legends, Counter Strike. Where in game play is central and the competitive scene  generate views, advertisement and revenue.

• Cool 1

Players
940 posts
5,001 battles

I ignore events most of the time because they often require you to play a high amount of days per week, instead of relying on good performance if and when you can play. I love events like the Halloween one because it just gives you something for playing, instead of accumulate x amount of y by grinding daily z. It's tiring and who has time for such daily dedication? The new types of currency just encourage more daily grinding it seems.

Not complaining about free stuff though, just not actively participating myself.

• Cool 1

Players
251 posts
1,332 battles
52 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

we have resources that appeal to players who play daily, and even the casual weekend players can get something interesting through events. And all of this without spending money.

To add to this – I think one of the great advantages of the current RN event over the Go Navy and, especially, Anniversary events is that the containers are available through weekly missions rather than daily base XP grinds, which is a definite improvement for players who can't be online every day. I hope it's one which they keep for future events. This format, rather than one which is somewhat more reliant on daily grinds, is imo very good, and the fact that the temporary resources give you the option to choose your rewards to some extent is an advantage over the former weekly missions. The new daily missions can then be viewed as the icing on the cake, rather than the main 'income stream' of flags etc. And being able to set open-ended 'missions' for onself using coal is very positive too.

(If WG were a bit more explicit in saying 'this is the format we have chosen to replace the weekly/weekend missions, and it gives you more flexibility', that would probably help with player perceptions of these changes.)

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles
6 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

If WG were a bit more explicit in saying 'this is the format we have chosen to replace the weekly/weekend missions, and it gives you more flexibility', that would probably help with player perceptions of these changes.

That would change things a bit. There is no clarity whether the event missions replaced the weeklies. And the daily grind missions just aren't exciting, although they do give consistent rewards.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,236 posts
7,080 battles
12 hours ago, Flare_UKCS said:

Whats this 5 Dragons ?

Doubloons or Guineas ?

Coal or Steel ?

... you get the idea.

To add to the posts above:

Dubloons in WOWS are the same as Gold in WoT (until they unite those like the promised :Smile_trollface:) which you don't seem to know as you mentioned them separatly. If you however mean your WoT Gold you can only use that for WoWS by buying Premiumtime in WoT which carries over to WOWS.