Centurion_1711

North Carolina Captain Skills

6 comments in this topic

Players
364 posts
2,750 battles

Hi folks,

I have 4 points to spend on captain skills on my NC captain. Currently, I have: Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Basics of Survivability, Concealment Expert. I it worth getting something like AFT, or would it be better to spend the points on AR and something else?

Beta Tester
3,623 posts
6,487 battles

An additional Heal (Super Intendent) as a BB is always worth a consideration. More worth then the AA.

Or Fire Prevention is also a quite must have on a BB.

This is my Montana Captain (standard build US-BB):

Spoiler

5bb0bd9f36d9e_USN-X-MONTANA(19).thumb.jpg.27f9651b73aea01c725cfcfcee821104.jpg

But you can also go for a more AA-focused build (that I actually use on my NC - last remaining points will go to BFT):

Spoiler

5bb0bdf036f95_USN-8-NORTHCAROLINA(16).thumb.jpg.b6ee8b6f92646336a61c1fd7bec8fab7.jpg

So I have two different builds for my US-Premium-BBs.

• Cool 2

Players
3,267 posts
6,860 battles

SI is always welcome on battleboat, AFT is also nice on USN BB for their AA, handy not only to troll CV players, but also to knock down that spotter plane from further distance.

PT-AR-SI-CE-EM-BoS-AFT is universal build, giving both defense (as in extra heal and fire reduction) as well offense - AR for extra reload, very noticeable on long reloading BB and AFT for AA and secondaries, depending on the ship. If you aren't concerned with planes or secondaries, Fire Prevention is solid choice.

• Cool 1

Players
786 posts
6,863 battles

I think the "meta" way to go forward would be something like: Superintendent, Fire Prevention, Adrenaline Rush (in some order)

Those are universally useful, strong skills. Adding to your current skills, they give you a very traditional "tank" build.

The caveat is you'll forego any AA buffs. I'd argue this is fine with the current CV meta (i.e. they're rare in high tiers) -- but the rework might change this. But even then NC has pretty good self-defence AA even without captain skills.

• Cool 1

Players
364 posts
2,750 battles

Ok then, I'll grab fire prevention first, as it probably suits the bow-on playstyle that the NC can do. Then AR (I like that on my Normandie, almost worth taking a citadel at the start of battle to get the reload down!)

34 minutes ago, jss78 said:

The caveat is you'll forego any AA buffs. I'd argue this is fine with the current CV meta (i.e. they're rare in high tiers) -- but the rework might change this. But even then NC has pretty good self-defence AA even without captain skills.

I could just use the AA module though, that might work.

Players
3,267 posts
6,860 battles
16 minutes ago, Centurion_1711 said:

Ok then, I'll grab fire prevention first, as it probably suits the bow-on playstyle that the NC can do. Then AR (I like that on my Normandie, almost worth taking a citadel at the start of battle to get the reload down!)

I could just use the AA module though, that might work.

Best part of US BB is, you don't sacrifice main battery performance by stacking AA bonuses. on every other nation, its a choice between main battery accuracy, secondaries and AA.

Obviously, you can't combine reload with accuracy on USN, as they take the same slot on Iowa and Montana, unlike Yamato for example:Smile_smile: